ADVERTISEMENT

Naz @ SHG

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
I know I am posting this game early but I'm so excited to see this game! I never thought I would ever see these teams play each other .

What's your thoughts on the matchup??

Wassup

Success Factor Bowl

More like the Punishment Adjustment Bowl. It's not a "Success" anything unless it applies to ALL. Anyway, the only thing SHG has going for them in this game is that it's a home game. Aside from that, they are too overmatched to win it.

I must admit that I am confused why you are excited to see this game, Wassup. Maybe in other years there would be some excitement, but not this year.

All.... Cyclone fans welcome our fellow Catholic brothers in arms to Springfield this Saturday! I know the Roadrunners travel well. A little over 2000 seating on the visiting side is available. A couple of berms in the end zones hold hundreds more.

Tailgaters..... There is an old grass soccer field directly past the west campus parking lot where the stadium is (look for the tree line) This area can hold a couple of hundred cars. Bring your grills and whatever else you can scrounge up. A fun place to hang out before the game. We can sit around and tell each other lies about our respective teams. (confession of course later on that week) A ticket booth is nearby for easy access into the stadium. Best of luck to both teams in this bout. Ratsy

Special teams will decide the game.

Covered Naz today for My Suburban Life. Their special teams looked extremely explosive and their team speed defensively was impressive. Danville had speed at the skill positions, but Naz's defenders swarmed the football.

It's the power of Edgy's tax dollars at work.

All.... Cyclone fans welcome our fellow Catholic brothers in arms to Springfield this Saturday! I know the Roadrunners travel well. A little over 2000 seating on the visiting side is available. A couple of berms in the end zones hold hundreds more.

Tailgaters..... There is an old grass soccer field directly past the west campus parking lot where the stadium is (look for the tree line) This area can hold a couple of hundred cars. Bring your grills and whatever else you can scrounge up. A fun place to hang out before the game. We can sit around and tell each other lies about our respective teams. (confession of course later on that week) A ticket booth is nearby for easy access into the stadium. Best of luck to both teams in this bout. Ratsy

Some of the best fans and hospitality you'll ever find in this state at SHG.

Ratsy, you have a gametime? Need to move some things around but I’d love to come see that game. I’ve heard the atmosphere and fans are top notch and I’d love to experience a game there.

More like the Punishment Adjustment Bowl. It's not a "Success" anything unless it applies to ALL. Anyway, the only thing SHG has going for them in this game is that it's a home game. Aside from that, they are too overmatched to win it.

I must admit that I am confused why you are excited to see this game, Wassup. Maybe in other years there would be some excitement, but not this year.
I know I am posting this game early but I'm so excited to see this game! I never thought I would ever see these teams play each other .

What's your thoughts on the matchup??

Wassup
It should be a fun game!!

Does it seem as if the Naz crew (the fan base formerly known as the Insane Naz Posse) have been awfully quiet this postseason?

Does it seem as if the Naz crew (the fan base formerly known as the Insane Naz Posse) have been awfully quiet this postseason?
No. Just more mature. Arc for all fan bases. Naz was always fighting for respectability, very defensive, thin skinned. Now that Naz is a very respected program, their fan base has become like a fine wine not like the old whine:D

Covered Naz today for My Suburban Life. Their special teams looked extremely explosive and their team speed defensively was impressive. Danville had speed at the skill positions, but Naz's defenders swarmed the football.
I was very impressed with #2 for Danville, I think his name is Jerry Reed. Unfortunately for him there wasn’t much space but he created something out of nothing consistently and made a very good Naz defense look silly on multiple occasions. Naz played well and finished a game for what seems like the first time all year. They’re peaking at the right time.

Reactions: PARTYROKA67
Naz always looks great at home. I think sometimes they dont deliver on the road. What come to mind is a Benet game 2 or 3 years back and wasn't Marist a away game.

At home Naz consistently looks unbeatable.

Naz always looks great at home. I think sometimes they dont deliver on the road. What come to mind is a Benet game 2 or 3 years back and wasn't Marist a away game.

At home Naz consistently looks unbeatable.
Naz best Benet at home this year, lost to Benet at home last year and beat Benet the previous 3 seasons. So I guess you mean last year when in hindsight Naz played a better team tough.

Was it maybe a big loss at St Francis??? I don't follow Naz real well.

Naz best Benet at home this year, lost to Benet at home last year and beat Benet the previous 3 seasons. So I guess you mean last year when in hindsight Naz played a better team tough.

Naz got pounded at Benet in 2010 or so. Benet was strong that year, Naz not so much.

Regardless of the outcome can we get these two legendary coaches to sign a home and away non-conference game matchup this week?

This would be a great non-con game!

Regardless of the outcome can we get these two legendary coaches to sign a home and away non-conference game matchup this week?

This would be a great non-con game!
Can’t, SHG’s conference is closed.

If the 512 teams thing passes conferences probably open up and you probably see matchups like that one.

What’s the pulse on this game? What does SHG have? I know very little about them. Game changing RB if I remember correctly from last year. How good are they? How the heck did they lose to MacArthur?

What’s the pulse on this game? What does SHG have? I know very little about them. Game changing RB if I remember correctly from last year. How good are they? How the heck did they lose to MacArthur?

Since they had significant injuries to key players for a good deal of the time this year, they were not operating at full capacity and ability for much of the regular season. Still not able to get a good read on them overall because of that. While they are as healthy as they have been this year, the proof as to how good they are right now will be dependent on how well they play against Nazareth. Even though the Roadrunners are on the road, based on their body of work this year, the sensible $ is on Naz. Point spread? - no idea, but it really doesn't matter. Win by 1 point and you move on.

Batlle of my school against my grandparents school. I am stoked

Not completely sure about Lee. Got information from their media feed (channel1450) saying he is having hamstring issues. Maybe get more info later in the week.

Last edited:
All.... SHG will try to be competitive against a very good Roadrunner team. It looks like mother nature is not going to cooperate weather wise though. A high of 45 with rain in the afternoon. Tailgaters bring your pop up tents and propane heaters. It's going to be chilly before noon. (lol) Love that turf by the way this time of the year. Ratsy

Last edited:
Ok, I've completed the obligatory film studies and have the following assessment: Naz will win this based primarily as the result of a stifling speed defense and superior special teams play. The defense has seemed to be their strong point this year and should not fail them in this game. However, I am more impressed by their special teams play in all phases, especially their kickoff coverage, kicking game and their punt return explosiveness.

SHG's kicking game from a kickoff/coverage standpoint is,to put it kindly, average. The kicker rarely gets it into the end zone and teams, even average ones, consistently get the ball at their own 30-35 yard line. That my friends is dangerous against a good team; Naz is more than good. SHG's defense has been good most of the year, but no where near as good as Naz's. The ONLY bright spot for SHG'S special teams play is a wide receiver who has had some very good returns this year but again, they were not against special team coverage units as good as Naz will present.

Point spread? - Given the fact that the Roadrunners are the visitors, let's say 10 points in their favor which when playing at Cyclone Stadium is a HUGE margin. Proof: Naz's victory this Saturday will be ONLY the SECOND TIME the Cyclones have lost on this field since its inauguration in 2012. The only loss before this Saturday was to Indianapolis Cathedral, a multi-time Indiana state champion, so Naz will be flying in some rarified air indeed!!!

Last edited:
Ok, I've completed the obligatory film studies and have the following assessment: Naz will win this based primarily as the result of a stifling speed defense and superior special teams play. The defense has seemed to be their strong point this year and should not fail them in this game. However, I am more impressed by their special teams play in all phases, especially their kickoff coverage, kicking game and their punt return explosiveness.

SHG's kicking game from a kickoff/coverage standpoint is,to put it kindly, average. The kicker rarely gets it into the end zone and teams, even average ones, consistently get the ball at their own 30-35 yard line. That my friends is dangerous against a good team; Naz is more than good. SHG's defense has been good most of the year, but no where near as good as Naz's. The ONLY bright spot for SHG'S special teams play is a wide receiver who has had some very good returns this year but again, they were not against special team coverage units as good as Naz will present.

Point spread? - Given the fact that the Roadrunners are the visitors, let's say 10 points in their favor which when playing at Cyclone Stadium is a HUGE margin. Proof: Naz's victory this Saturday will be only the SECOND TIME the C

Sandbagging at its finest.

Sandbagging at its finest.

May seem that way to you, but Naz has passed the eye test and more importantly, the game film study test. Disagree with my assessment at your own peril! You have been dutifully warned. lol!!

May seem that way to you, but Naz has passed the eye test and more importantly, the game film study test. Disagree with my assessment at your own peril! You have been dutifully warned. lol!!
You obviously didn’t watch Marist

You obviously didn’t watch Marist

My film study was comparing the strengths
/weaknesses of Naz vis-a-vis SHG. SHG and Marist do not belong in the same world. And I was kind to SHG in my assessment; I have Naz winning by only 10 points seeing as they are on the road (as they were, by the way, against Marist). If this game was at Naz, I'd have them winning by 17-20!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT