ADVERTISEMENT

Naz @ SHG

I like Naz a lot in this game. I think SHG will be up for the task but I like. as by 10.

I think they have a common opponent in Springfield High School

Exactly. I reviewed both Naz's and SHG's games against Springfield and to be honest, they both handled the Senators fairly easily. It was almost as if Naz IMPOSED their will when they wanted to against the Senators, whereas the Cyclones gradually built up the pressure on them and took over the game. I guess what I am saying is that Naz just looked more dynamic against them at times versus SHG'S gradual grinding them down. Perhaps I'm partial to teams dictating what they want to do in a flashy manner.

I have actually looked at most of SHG's games, and injuries did hurt them at times during the season, so it was difficult to get a consistent gauge of the team.

As far as Naz is concerned, I've reviewed some film of their regular season games against St. Viator, Joliet Catholic and Lisle Benet, and studied in detail their game against Springfield (referenced earlier), as well as last week's second round game against Danville.

I guess my overall feeling that Naz wins this week is based on how dynamic and attacking they seem to be when they decide to crank it up against a team, be it offensively, defensively and what most impressed me, special teams wise. All in all, this in no way is meant to denigrate SHG and I would probably even call this even if SHG had had a chance to have all their starters together and healthy with a few more games under their belts. For instance, Tremayne Lee was out again last week. While Adams was more than adequate, I would feel more sure of this team if the WHOLE team had played and was oiled for the run to DeKalb. I also understand that their defense could be a little banged up again.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get a legendary coaches photo at the game with Racki and Leonard together. I have a great one of Lenti/Andriano.

I'm hoping to get a legendary coaches photo at the game with Racki and Leonard together. I have a great one of Lenti/Andriano.
You going? I’m thinking about making that trek depending on weather.

Will the game be streamed?

All.... If you are interested stop off at the tailgate gents before going in. Look for the white pop up tent and the SHG flag flying high. Ratsy

Ever since this matchup was set, I have had constant visions which continue to manifest themselves every time I think about this game. What they present is a score of 35 for Naz and different scores for SHG, ranging from the teens to the low 20s. The most frequent score for SHG is 18. In looking at what both teams bring to the table in terms of skill, speed and overall play, a score of Naz 35-SHG 18 seems perfectly logical. I originally thought it would be closer, but those incessant visions led me to look at this contest more closely. Naz just brings too much to this game for SHG to handle. The Cyclones should be grateful that this is a home game, otherwise it could possibly be a rout if it were held in La Grange Park.

Now that I have acknowledged the content of these visions, I pray that they will cease and allow me some rest!

Jimmy the Greek, give me scores for Willowbrook/PR and Loyola/Marist.

Rest can come later.

Ever since this matchup was set, I have had constant visions which continue to manifest themselves every time I think about this game. What they present is a score of 35 for Naz and different scores for SHG, ranging from the teens to the low 20s. The most frequent score for SHG is 18. In looking at what both teams bring to the table in terms of skill, speed and overall play, a score of Naz 35-SHG 18 seems perfectly logical. I originally thought it would be closer, but those incessant visions led me to look at this contest more closely. Naz just brings too much to this game for SHG to handle. The Cyclones should be grateful that this is a home game, otherwise it could possibly be a rout if it were held in La Grange Park.

Now that I have acknowledged the content of these visions, I pray that they will cease and allow me some rest!
Let me know how much money you'd like to put on that prediction. I'm very familiar with both programs, and I'll gladly take the Cyclones in this one.

Jimmy the Greek, give me scores for Willowbrook/PR and Loyola/Marist.

Rest can come later.

Would love to give you more, but the Naz/SHG score is the only one my brain has been scorched with this week. Maybe it's my belief that no one approaches PR from here on out that has prevented the psychic visions on games involving them, and my disinterest in the Loyola game which prevents any such prediction. Since I will be EXTREMELY interested in the Providence/Naz semifinal next week, I hope the brain flashes will come next week regarding that game.

Since you have asked in a nice way for my predictions on the two games you mentioned, I feel it only fair on second thought to attempt to conjure up some vision of them (waiting for input from whomever or whatever is causing these visual signals).

Wow, that took a lot less time than I thought. Here they are: (1) PR 38-Willowbrook 20 (a lot better showing than I expected from Willowbrook, but an 18 point victory will have to do for the Wolves, I guess; (2) Marist 24-Loyola 20.

I have also been somewhat nagged regarding the ESL/MC game. This has been foggy, but I keep getting the feeling that stopping the run sufficiently well will do it for ESL. No point spread has come to mind, nor any other premonitions, except a postmonition that Normal Community could/would have beat the Caravan. Frankly, no clue as to what that means for this game coming up.

Have also received a slight jolt cerebral indicating that Hillcrest will be a VERY tough out for Dunlap, and may very well beat them on the road. In order to keep from getting blindsided in the brain regarding this game, I think the feelings are now strong enough that I should predict a Hillcrest victory. And so it is: Hillcrest wins on the road in Dunlap.

If I am tortured by any other visions which I may have to post to ease my soul, I will certainly do so, but as you know, time is getting quite close to running out before this weekend.

P.S. Wassup - Take up Ratsy on his offer to visit his tailgate setup before the game. You'll like it. I am no longer able to do it as I did in the past, but I am sure he would like to see some new faces from up north.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyerforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT