ADVERTISEMENT

Naz/JCA

Bronco,

I didn't say this team is better, I said the defense could be better and the skills are better. The big difference is in the O-Line and perhaps to an extent the D-Line as well. Based on jChill comments I change my prediction to Naz+56. I just hope we escape Joliet without injury and don't see JCA again until much later this season. Hopefully they end up in the 5A south!

I stand by my earlier prediction, jca by 1097

After reading their posts, Jwar and Godfather have JCA as either a 6 point to a 21-24 point favorite.

At the same time JWAR states that Naz is a better team this year than last, with a better defense, the skill positions are better with a solid line. Jwar also says that Naz hasn't shown all their weapons yet. Godfather states that 1 or 2 guys on defense are faster than Love.

I know what sandbagging is when I see it, but I don't quite know what to call what JWar and Godfather are doing.

I'll give this a shot. The Naz people like to tout individual talent. It's in their DNA. I believe Jwar is sincere in his estimation of Naz being a 6-point underdog, but his Naz breeding then shows. He can't help but tout the individual talent on the Naz roster that is not named Kelly-Martin or Love. I believe he is sincere in this as well. He honestly feels there are many on the roster who deserve additional pub that has not yet come their way. And, he may be right about that. We shall see.

Godfather's schtick is pure gamesmanship. On the one hand, he wants to play the sandbagging role with the 21-24 point thing, but he didn't stay in character. That Naz breeding again. He couldn't resist touting the individual talent on the Naz roster by pointing out there are a few people on the defense who are faster than Julian Love.

I'll give this a shot. The Naz people like to tout individual talent. It's in their DNA. I believe Jwar is sincere in his estimation of Naz being a 6-point underdog, but his Naz breeding then shows. He can't help but tout the individual talent on the Naz roster that is not named Kelly-Martin or Love. I believe he is sincere in this as well. He honestly feels there are many on the roster who deserve additional pub that has not yet come their way. And, he may be right about that. We shall see.

Godfather's schtick is pure gamesmanship. On the one hand, he wants to play the sandbagging role with the 21-24 point thing, but he didn't stay in character. That Naz breeding again. He couldn't resist touting the individual talent on the Naz roster by pointing out there are a few people on the defense who are faster than Julian Love.

Is being faster than Julian Love, who isn't the fastest guy, show individual talent. This is a football game not a track meet

Reactions: gungho26
PJJP,

I am NOT Naz bred, not that it's a bad thing, it's been great for my kids. I'm 100% Pennsylvania smash mouth football bred! One Team, One Goal, One Family... Period

Is being faster than Julian Love, who isn't the fastest guy, show individual talent. This is a football game not a track meet

Thank God someone said that! I've played for JCA within the past decade, Julian Love is not the only fast guy JC has seen through out the years. In my experiences, the d has typically shut them down or naturalized the speed with bracketing and being physical. I dont see this one being close at the end of the game at all. I'd say JC is a 13 pt fav at home, but wins 49-21, 14 points scored from NAZ scored in the 4th.

Thank God someone said that! I've played for JCA within the past decade, Julian Love is not the only fast guy JC has seen through out the years. In my experiences, the d has typically shut them down or naturalized the speed with bracketing and being physical. I dont see this one being close at the end of the game at all. I'd say JC is a 13 pt fav at home, but wins 49-21, 14 points scored from NAZ scored in the 4th.
You must want your posts tacked to the wall in the Naz locker room.

I didnt know someone was going to get there pannies in bunch about my opinions, thank you!
If NAZ needs that as motivation, maybe they need more help than I thought.

Ofcou
Thank God someone said that! I've played for JCA within the past decade, Julian Love is not the only fast guy JC has seen through out the years. In my experiences, the d has typically shut them down or naturalized the speed with bracketing and being physical. I dont see this one being close at the end of the game at all. I'd say JC is a 13 pt fav at home, but wins 49-21, 14 points scored from NAZ scored in the 4th.[/QUOTE
LMAO!

Julian Love is one of the best players JCA has seen, if you think they'll just shut him down you're crazy. He will completely impact the game just like he did last year. Go ahead and be "physical" with him, he's probably better at that game then many of your players anyways. So 49-7 going into the 4th? Guess you haven't eaten your humble pie yet...

Julian Love is one of the best players JCA has seen, if you think they'll just shut him down you're crazy. He will completely impact the game just like he did last year. Go ahead and be "physical" with him, he's probably better at that game then many of your players anyways. So 49-7 going into the 4th? Guess you haven't eaten your humble pie yet...
49- 7 is nothing compared to my suggesting jca by 1097...

Never, ever bet against JCA. I don't care if the other team has God, JCA always finds a way to get it done. Naz isn't on there level, that's not a knock on Naz at all. Only a handful of teams are on JCA's level.

JCA - 48
Naz - 14

I do think that JCA is quite good. Who do you believe can beat them this year from any level?

Never, ever bet against JCA. I don't care if the other team has God, JCA always finds a way to get it done. Naz isn't on there level, that's not a knock on Naz at all. Only a handful of teams are on JCA's level.

JCA - 48
Naz - 14

I do think that JCA is quite good. Who do you believe can beat them this year from any level?

I'll chime in.

JCA. in my estimation, would lose to LA, GW, HF and a few others. Hell, they could lose to Naz this weekend.

I hesitate to turn this thread into a comparison of this year's Naz team versus last year's. But, I can't resist making one point. Truly great teams can overcome any style of play in adverse conditions. IMO, last year's Naz team was a great team. They would not have lost to MCC in admittedly poor conditions. They would have pounded Nolan Dean behind that big, dominating O-line and got the job done on defense. This year's team was not able to do that. I'll let others draw their own conclusions as to why.

Not sure how much bearing the above has on this Friday's game. Obviously, Naz will not face the field conditions they did at MCC, even if there's a monsoon on Friday night.

I didnt know someone was going to get there pannies in bunch about my opinions, thank you!
If NAZ needs that as motivation, maybe they need more help than I thought.
"Pannies" ??
I would be interested in hearing the list of athletes, within the last 10 years, that you have played against that are the equivalent to a young man who has accepted a scholarship to Notre Dame.

JCA - 48
Naz - 14
.....unless they are playing Montini.
Some teams just have a team's number.

I hesitate to turn this thread into a comparison of this year's Naz team versus last year's. But, I can't resist making one point. Truly great teams can overcome any style of play in adverse conditions. IMO, last year's Naz team was a great team. They would not have lost to MCC in admittedly poor conditions. They would have pounded Nolan Dean behind that big, dominating O-line and got the job done on defense. This year's team was not able to do that. I'll let others draw their own conclusions as to why.

Not sure how much bearing the above has on this Friday's game. Obviously, Naz will not face the field conditions they did at MCC, even if there's a monsoon on Friday night.
Great teams lose every year, they are high school kids not professionals! I'm not saying Naz is "great" this year because I have my reservations as I've previously stated but to dismiss them for one tough loss in horrible conditions is foolish. Providence lost in terrible conditions last year at Loyola, wind killed their pass game and they couldn't do anything else on O. Now Loyola is clearly better then MCC but you get the point. This game will tell me more about Naz then the MCC game, and for now I'm holding on Naz.

JCA - 48
Naz - 14
Yet they have lost to Naz the past couple of years and god knows when was the last time they have won against Montini so yes don't ever bet against God!!!

Yet they have lost to Naz the past couple of years and god knows when was the last time they have won against Montini so yes don't ever bet against God!!!

Maybe you should do a bit of research. What was the 2013 JC/Naz score at Naz?

Maybe you should do a bit of research. What was the 2013 JC/Naz score at Naz?
Your right but with that being said,NaZ and SHG are kings of the hill and untill somebody knocks them off they are going to continue to be the Kings no matter what happens in these last 3 games.

Your right but with that being said,NaZ and SHG are kings of the hill and untill somebody knocks them off they are going to continue to be the Kings no matter what happens in these last 3 games.

If a final 4 were to be played right now between Naz, SHG, Rochester and JCA (with no semi final matchup information given), who do you think comes out #1?

and yes I like very challenging questions.

STATS...

School, Record, Points For, Points Against

SHG 6-0, 350 - 62

Roch 6-0, 362 - 132

JCA 6-0, 252 - 60

Naz 5-1, 233 - 87

Last edited:
Why do all you Montini guys want to stir this pot Soooo badly. The Hypothetical is always fun but it can't happen, for what it's worth I thing JCA wins. I think JCA could be capable of beating anyone in Illinois this season, but as a fan I hope Naz proves me wrong on Friday.

If a final 4 were to be played right now between Naz, SHG, Rochester and JCA (with no semi final matchup information given), who do you think comes out #1?

Kinda like SHG vs. Montini eh?
I do not know what Griffin's record is against Montini.
I believe the JCA-Montini rivalry has been one-sided for the most part. (save an opening game win for JCA a few years ago)

and yes I like very challenging questions.
Montini!

Can't confirm but rumor has it Naz has special uniforms for this game...

They are wearing Maroon jerseys and helmets with some M word on the front. If true I think Naz is the prohibitive favorite.

Can't confirm but rumor has it Naz has special uniforms for this game...

They are wearing Maroon jerseys and helmets with some M word on the front. If true I think Naz is the prohibitive favorite.
Yes and the special teams have installed that dumb thing with the arms before kick offs. Can't wait to see how red Coach Sharp gets.

Being from Montini, I want no part of JCA this year. Glad were in separate classes.

But not to many truly trying to answer my final 4 question???

I can't resist. I'm going to dissect your response.....Ramblinman style.

Great teams lose every year, they are high school kids not professionals!
Great professional teams lose every year as well. This point is a red herring and not germane to my original post.

I'm not saying Naz is "great" this year because I have my reservations as I've previously stated but to dismiss them for one tough loss in horrible conditions is foolish.
Where did I state that I was dismissing them? I believe they are good and have a chance to be very good. My point was, IMO, they are not as good as last year. It was in response to previous posts in this thread comparing this year's Naz team to last years.

Providence lost in terrible conditions last year at Loyola, wind killed their pass game and they couldn't do anything else on O.
I watched that Provi/Loyola game. The weather was not comparable to the weather of this year's Naz/MCC game. More importantly, the field conditions were not comparable. The Naz posters' main complaint was the field did not drain properly. There was standing water on the field, which made the footing unplayable (in their opinion).

Now Loyola is clearly better then MCC but you get the point.
Yes, last year's Loyola team was clearly better than this year's MCC team, which negates the relevance of the comparison.

This game will tell me more about Naz then the MCC game, and for now I'm holding on Naz.
On this, we agree.

"Pannies" ??
I would be interested in hearing the list of athletes, within the last 10 years, that you have played against that are the equivalent to a young man who has accepted a scholarship to Notre Dame.

Pannies, yes. Do I have to explain what those are? You seemed confused.
I said typically, is Julian Love a great athlete, yes, not taking anything away from the guy. Did teams that we play against have great athletes, absolutely. Did those athletes destroy us, or make that big of an impact? Only Dergo in 05, that I can remember. I don't remember any one opposing player "Dergo-ing" us. As far as a list of athletes that were talented that we played against, I don't keep a list or really care too much. We did have individual athletes that we had special coverages, calls, and gameplans for because, they were special. I'm not some super fan that remembers every opposing player or every play. I was stating my opinion. Quite frankly, I don't care if JCA wins by 1 or 100. My prediction is that they will win. The teams will do the talking Friday night, not much we can do but sit here and give our opinions.

Gung-ho,

Those who played rather than watched remember the standout players they played against. I respect JCA and their fan base, but you sir seem to be an outlier!

Pannies, yes. Do I have to explain what those are? You seemed confused.
I said typically, is Julian Love a great athlete, yes, not taking anything away from the guy. Did teams that we play against have great athletes, absolutely. Did those athletes destroy us, or make that big of an impact? Only Dergo in 05, that I can remember. I don't remember any one opposing player "Dergo-ing" us. As far as a list of athletes that were talented that we played against, I don't keep a list or really care too much. We did have individual athletes that we had special coverages, calls, and gameplans for because, they were special. I'm not some super fan that remembers every opposing player or every play. I was stating my opinion. Quite frankly, I don't care if JCA wins by 1 or 100. My prediction is that they will win. The teams will do the talking Friday night, not much we can do but sit here and give our opinions.

Gung-ho,

Those who played rather than watched remember the standout players they played against. I respect JCA and their fan base, but you sir seem to be an outlier!

My bad superstar, I thought second string JV punters were part of the team. I'll check with you before ever posting my opinion about a game again.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Loser

Knowing that the path to a state title likely means meeting again, does either coach hold anything back strategy wise?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT