ADVERTISEMENT

Most intriguing coaches opening

OldSICA

Jan 4, 2020
Just curious what opening is the most intriguing. Not just HC but coordinator spots and assistants. Never really see posts for those.
Is that do to in-house promotions?

Has to be Anna J. Rich history, great community support, good youth setup. Right coach could make them a contender in a couple years

Reactions: OldSICA
Waubonsie Valley is open... Plenty of talent in the area. You could have something if you can keep the talent home and away from St. Francis, Benet, etc.

i thought the coach at WV was his dream job?
Waubonsie is a school where you can point to the numbers and demographic changes that have impacted the football program.

2005 they were around 3500 kids. Today 2500.

Do a quick look at the demographics you will see why they aren't as good anymore.

Waubonsie is a school where you can point to the numbers and demographic changes that have impacted the football program.

Do a quick look at the demographics you will see why they aren't as good anymore.
How does something like that occur in that neck of the woods? I'm not very familiar with WV or the Aurora area, but I can't imaging the population in the district is shrinking? Is it just more folks going private?

How does something like that occur in that neck of the woods? I'm not very familiar with WV or the Aurora area, but I can't imaging the population in the district is shrinking? Is it just more folks going private?
I have no definitive facts so this is all speculation and my opinion but I could see the population dropping in that area.

As someone from Morris we have seen schools around us sky rocket in population. Morris used to be in a conference with Oswego, Minooka, Plainfield, when there was only one Plainfield, and Yorkville. Now all of those schools are 7A or 8A schools. 20-25 years ago Yorkville was a 3A school. All of those schools aren't far from the Aurora area and could be a factor in the drop in WV enrollment.

Idk about that….

WV has never really had playoff success and back in the day they had decent regular season records but played in the upstate 8. DVC hasn’t been kind to them.

Their enrollment is much lower bc of the split off to Metea Valley and Nequa before that.

District is made up of: Aurora; Naperville; Warrenville; Plainfield; Bolingbrook

Not a bad group of cities to draw from.

Think WV needs a good hard look in the mirror.

Waubonsie Valley is open... Plenty of talent in the area. You could have something if you can keep the talent home and away from St. Francis, Benet, etc.
Neuqua, Naperville Central and North all manage to have really solid programs year after year while still losing a few to privates. It's interesting how it's not the same at Waubonsie. They really just need a quality coach to come in and turn around the program.

Reactions: colin2229
Neuqua, Naperville Central and North all manage to have really solid programs year after year while still losing a few to privates. It's interesting how it's not the same at Waubonsie. They really just need a quality coach to come in and turn around the program.
Agreed. There is a lot of talent in that area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT