ADVERTISEMENT

Morton 56 - Highland 33 FINAL

4hhsbulldogs

Oct 21, 2017
Wow! Seth Glatz with a new IHSA record. Scoring 7 times on the ground, the most ever in a 5A state playoff game. Rushing for 417 yards. Highland didn’t have an answer for the Morton’s rushing attack. Coupled with poor weather in the first half and and by my count 10+ drops by the Highland WRs the offense couldn’t keep up with Morton’s rushing attack. Two memorable drops were wide open in the end zone and both drives stalled for ZERO points. Hats off to Morton and good luck next week against Morris. I think they can take it them.

I think I’ve said this before, but drops have killed Highland all year. Tough issue to have.

What a game from Glatz though. I was also hugely impressed with the Morton broadcast crew. Amazing video quality, constant statistics, and really in depth knowledge of a Highland team I don’t think they have ever seen before. I’ve had less pleasant watching experiences with NFL games

Couldn’t agree more. They did a really nice job. It was refreshing compared to the other Highland games I had to watch this year.

They even mentioned they would have liked to see a dry game between the two teams ( still have to catch the ball though 🤦‍♂️)

Wow! Seth Glatz with a new IHSA record. Scoring 7 times on the ground, the most ever in a 5A state playoff game. Rushing for 417 yards. Highland didn’t have an answer for the Morton’s rushing attack. Coupled with poor weather in the first half and and by my count 10+ drops by the Highland WRs the offense couldn’t keep up with Morton’s rushing attack. Two memorable drops were wide open in the end zone and both drives stalled for ZERO points. Hats off to Morton and good luck next week against Morris. I think they can take it them.
I watched a little of the Morton game and a little of the Morris game, I don’t think Morton will be able to move the ball like they did against Highland. I don’t think it will even be a close game to be honest.

I was at the game and the Glatz kid is a Good back!! It was a great game, Morris looked flat all game and didn’t have much of an answer for glatz. And turnovers will kill you as it did yesterday for Morris. 2 int and a fumble on the last drive was the dagger.

Reactions: m.i.fan2 and stl705
It’s also a good thing the Potters didn’t listen to the experts here. 🙂
Very true, I was wrong, Morton could move the ball and the Glatz kid is a dude. The turnovers didn’t help Morris. I hope Morton can win their first quart final and make it to semis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT