ADVERTISEMENT

Morris 39 - SHG 36. FINAL

Horrible officiating in this game. Obvious pass interference by Morris on an SHG receiver. No call. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best. Can't miss the obvious ones.
lol. You missed the pass interference by SHG, the TWO helmet to helmet targetting and the repetitive holds by the left tackle. All no calls. Your squad got beat at its own game.

Reactions: nardo69
Heard the announcer say several times how people were saying Morris was going to clock SHG....I know most Morris fans knew better and were concerned going into Springfield.
A lot of things to work on to get ready for JCA.....Like someone mentioned earlier....survive and advance.

Hell maybe we can have a reunion next week....Divetwin...54'sdad...myself and a few others????

Reactions: DiveTwin
Heard the announcer say several times how people were saying Morris was going to clock SHG....I know most Morris fans knew better and were concerned going into Springfield.
A lot of things to work on to get ready for JCA.....Like someone mentioned earlier....survive and advance.
I think the majority of them have been interestingly quiet

Or like a team that Rochester should be happy is out of 4A 🙄
Morris would BTS out of the Rockets IMO. I am not so sure the Rockets can hang with anyone above 4A. Certainly they play well in the class within their enrollment but they don’t look to move to a more difficult class. In my opinion no different as a private school not requesting to play up! If you are dominant in your current class you should look to at the very least the next level to see if you can compete. JCA are you listening. This is a not public or private thing. Let’s all get real. It’s not only about putting another state championship trophy on your wall. I am being real coaches! Do the right thing. Move up to where your team is competitive!

Morris would BTS out of the Rockets IMO. I am not so sure the Rockets can hang with anyone above 4A. Certainly they play well in the class within their enrollment but they don’t look to move to a more difficult class. In my opinion no different as a private school not requesting to play up! If you are dominant in your current class you should look to at the very least the next level to see if you can compete. JCA are you listening. This is a not public or private thing. Let’s all get real. It’s not only about putting another state championship trophy on your wall. I am being real coaches! Do the right thing. Move up to where your team is competitive!
Sure...that makes a lot of sense. Rochester has an awful game against SHG who plays the game of their lives and still wins by 10. Morris beats SHG by 3. Your logic is sound!

Reactions: rjjtwest
Petitioning to bring back GrossNoises for one comment so he can properly roast you for the stupidest take I've seen on this board

Last edited:
Morris won a nail-biter over SHG, so how exactly does that translate to them BTS out of Rochester? I'm not sure if the math or logic add up on this one.

Reactions: cigaros and FB1976
Sure...that makes a lot of sense. Rochester has an awful game against SHG who plays the game of their lives and still wins by 10. Morris beats SHG by 3. Your logic is sound!
It's funny that in order for anyone to give Rochester a close game they have to play the "game of their lives". Or maybe it's just harder to win against quality teams in higher classes, but Rochester wouldn't know much about that. Due to COVID SHG wasn't multiplied in '21 or '22 and they drop down and make back to back title games in 4A. Speaks to the difference in competition.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
All.... Congrats to the Redskins! The bugaboo for the Cycs this year was always pass defense. Young and learning. Morris qb on long third and fourth down killed the Cycs.

Happy to meet DiveTwin at the tailgate! Ratsy
Hell of a game. I would say the defense in general is where SHG needs work. For a time Morris was running at will until Swartz went down. If this team is young, they will be a force in the next year or two.

Thankfully Morris won't have to worry about too many WR screens next week.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
All.... Congrats to the Redskins! The bugaboo for the Cycs this year was always pass defense. Young and learning. Morris qb on long third and fourth down killed the Cycs.

Happy to meet DiveTwin at the tailgate! Ratsy
Ratsy always keeping it real. Nice season for your guys, reload for next.

It would be interesting to know if @skinsfan6162 still thinks Rochester is lucky Morris is not in 4A this year. 🤔
Having sat with the Morris crowd to witness their comments and energy level, they most definitely did not want to face Rochester after playing SHG.

Awww look at you hating again.

Reactions: forlouann
All.... The only one that figured out the lack of of pass defense only because the team is so young that killed was of cource Derek. Oddly that game was sill close.

JCA by 28. Not that the Hill is deady, Peoria gave it away..... Ratsy

What does this mean?
It means Morris did not play like the 13th ranked team in the state against the 85th ranked team in the state. I’ve been a huge proponent of Morris, reminding people to not give the North bracket title to IC; but to rather give Morris their due credit as I thought they would be the North’s entrant into the 4A title game. That didn’t work out and Morris is playing 5A.

Morris is now short their feature running back. And their qb puts too much air under the ball. The out route was the underused bread and butter play, which Morris should’ve utilized to set up the long ball. Rochester defends the run incredibly well. And any ball not thrown on a line will be picked. That’s what that comment meant.

All said, huge Morris fan here as the fanbase is strong and loud. But team against team….Morris’ fate has changed significantly with the loss of Schwartz

They literally play a 5A and 6A schedule. Try watching Hudl, Maxpreps, YouTube, or NFHs for background in the future.

Reactions: chiliconcarne2
It means Morris did not play like the 13th ranked team in the state against the 85th ranked team in the state. I’ve been a huge proponent of Morris, reminding people to not give the North bracket title to IC; but to rather give Morris their due credit as I thought they would be the North’s entrant into the 4A title game. That didn’t work out and Morris is playing 5A.

Morris is now short their feature running back. And their qb puts too much air under the ball. The out route was the underused bread and butter play, which Morris should’ve utilized to set up the long ball. Rochester defends the run incredibly well. And any ball not thrown on a line will be picked. That’s what that comment meant.

All said, huge Morris fan here as the fanbase is strong and loud. But team against team….Morris’ fate has changed significantly with the loss of Schwartz
Schwartz came back in and scored the TD with a minute to go. Obviously wasn't 100% but not sure how serious it is.

All.... The only one that figured out the lack of of pass defense only because the team is so young that killed was of cource Derek. Oddly that game was sill close.

Ratsy...do you know why Pollard didn't play? I sat on the SHG side, but nobody knew the reason.

Reactions: cigaros
Schwartz came back in and scored the TD with a minute to go. Obviously wasn't 100% but not sure how serious it is.
He entered and exited the game two or three times for that shoulder. That kid is very very smart on his feet. I was pretty shocked they didn’t give 55 the ball on that final touchdown plunge.

Reactions: 4Afan
Hell of a game. I would say the defense in general is where SHG needs work. For a time Morris was running at will until Swartz went down. If this team is young, they will be a force in the next year or two.

Thankfully Morris won't have to worry about too many WR screens next week.
Hey, I resent that comment. I'm sure it's somewhere in the JCA playbook, probably on the pages that got stuck together and on the same page with the Triple reverse, the double Flea flicker and weird formation fake punts. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros and 4Afan
He entered and exited the game two or three times for that shoulder. That kid is very very smart on his feet. I was pretty shocked they didn’t give 55 the ball on that final touchdown

All... Another GN want to be. Lol Ratsy

Deady aye?

Petitioning to bring back GrossNoises for one comment so he can properly roast you for the stupidest take I've seen on this board
Go ahead. My opinion! If you think it’s stupid ok you have your homer opinion. I don’t have a dog in this fight.

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT