ADVERTISEMENT

Morris 22 Sycamore 14 FINAL

2nd half was how I expected the entire game to go, no scoring and stiff Defense.

Sloppy 3rd quarter with 2 turnovers for each team.

Now just need to see if Morris goes 4A or 5A.

Morris jumped on them early and held on. Hope they go 4A personally.

Morris RB had a big night.

Reactions: 4Anorth
Sloppy game. Neither team looked crisp. Turnovers and penalties. Ebbey's didn't dissapoint tho. Always on point.

Reactions: 4Anorth
AJ.....right before half
Hope he's ok. Should have week 1 of the playoffs to rest, but with Soucie's predictions he has Morris as the top seed in the north of 4A which would set up a second round game against IC Catholic.

Hope he's ok. Should have week 1 of the playoffs to rest, but with Soucie's predictions he has Morris as the top seed in the north of 4A which would set up a second round game against IC Catholic.
Where do you find this projection with morris 4A? The only one I see is from 915 and morris is 5A south playing LP again!🤦‍♂️

Where do you find this projection with morris 4A? The only one I see is from 915 and morris is 5A south playing LP again!🤦‍♂️
As of 2am Soucie had Morris as the largest school in 4A and on the northside.

Gotcha. I just saw his latest on the friday night drive that he updated at 915 this morris that had morris 5A south playing LP.
That’s why I was curious. I would like them to go 4A personally because I think they would beat Rochester with this team.
We’ll see come 8pm

Reactions: 4Afan
Gotcha. I just saw his latest on the friday night drive that he updated at 915 this morris that had morris 5A south playing LP.
That’s why I was curious. I would like them to go 4A personally because I think they would beat Rochester with this team.
We’ll see come 8pm
Yeah it was 2am and he was starting to feel it I think. Could have moved some things around this morning after getting some sleep. I know the public league schools throw a wrench into things with not all schools being eligible for post season regardless of record.

At least with Morris always being on the 4A/5A bubble it makes the pairings show that much more interesting.

Yeah it was 2am and he was starting to feel it I think. Could have moved some things around this morning after getting some sleep. I know the public league schools throw a wrench into things with not all schools being eligible for post season regardless of record.

At least with Morris always being on the 4A/5A bubble it makes the pairings show that much more interesting.
Any of the local Morris watering holes do a pairings show party?

I have no problem with that. 5A south would be a more favorable route versus 4A north, which were the two projections I've seen.
All.... Umm.... And that was what I was asking. Are you guys going into that class and if you do it will be south. Ratsy

All.... Umm.... And that was what I was asking. Are guys going into that class and if you do it will be south. Ratsy
I've lost track of all the projections and will have to find out in an hour and a half or so. The 5A south projection I saw had them as the top seed in the south with the toughest opponents being Peoria, SHG, JCA, and Provi. JCA and Provi were on the opposite end of the bracket.

The 4A north projection had them meeting IC in round two. 5A north is going to be a gauntlet with Wheaton SF, Prairie Ridge, Naz, Glenbard South, and Sycamore.

That would be a good game and I think Morris would come out on top.
I believe the only good thing about that matchup for SHG is the fact that it would be at home. Would be is the operative phrase here, since it assumes SHG wins its first round game.

Question for you 4Afan: how long has Morris been using the spread? I remember them from the days of the full house backfield run game.

I believe the only good thing about that matchup for SHG is the fact that it would be at home. Would be is the operative phrase here, since it assumes SHG wins its first round game.

Question for you 4Afan: how long has Morris been using the spread? I remember them from the days of the full house backfield run game.
Been using the spread more and more for roughly the last 5 years. They will still go to the old fashioned full house backfield "T" formation in goal to go situations.

They have a really good QB and WR that have set school records so they've been passing more. WR went down last night with a possible concussion so TBD on his status. RB picked up the slack last night and went for 220 yards on 35 carries.

I saw a 2nd round match of Morris @ SHG
All.... I would be be very unhappy if that happened. (not the game of course but if in Springfield) ("other" breathing a sigh of relief of course. lol ) Goold Park is where the fun and action is at and Skin fans are the best. Would enjoy a road trip to Morris. But as always one game at a time. Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: doctor_d
Been using the spread more and more for roughly the last 5 years. They will still go to the old fashioned full house backfield "T" formation in goal to go situations.

They have a really good QB and WR that have set school records so they've been passing more. WR went down last night with a possible concussion so TBD on his status. RB picked up the slack last night and went for 220 yards on 35 carries.
Watched some film. The offensive line and RB are a good combination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT