ADVERTISEMENT

Montini DeKalb

I was just going to ask the same question. Does this mean Montinis back to 5a next year?

If so probably SHG too?

I think Montini is in the CCL Blue next year?

I think Montini's greatest need for improvement needs to be defense.

They should trash that current scheme and replace it with something else. They also have to place a greater focus on stopping the run.

Wassup

Reactions: Gene K.
Took me a couple of days to thaw out but agree with Wassup as the defense of Montini had trouble stopping the run all year. Offense played well all year but defense was not on a par with previous Montini teams. The 4 losses this year were a result of Montini not being able to stop the running game of its opponents. Clearly the opponent coaches (Mt. Carmel & DeKalb) watched the tapes on Montini and saw our weakness in stopping the run.

IMO Montini also should have utilized its own running game more beside running the QB option. Montini had two good running backs who weren't utilized as often as they could have. Many times this year in close games Montini would have 2nd and 1 or two yards and they would pass the ball or run an end around instead of powering the ball for the first down. Sometimes they made it but too many times they did not. Disappointing year for Montini.

Agreed disappointing playoff for Montini. With their history they should be able to beat a first round opponent.

It's too bad because a win would have set up a first time neighborhood matchup vs Willowbrook at home. The stands would have been overflowing with Warrior and Bronco Alumni over the past 50 years

Reactions: Relist8
Agreed disappointing playoff for Montini. With their history they should be able to beat a first round opponent.

It's too bad because a win would have set up a first time neighborhood matchup vs Willowbrook at home. The stands would have been overflowing with Warrior and Bronco Alumni over the past 50 years

The Montini and Willowbrook should schedule a 1 and 1 to give the people what they want. Big crowds are good for the gate and concessions.

I don't think Montini has anything to be ashamed about. New coach and in 6A you guys did fine. I went to 3 MCHS games this year and heard a lot of trash thrown at Mike Bukovsky. He had a very good first year. Aurrillio is gone and this may have hurt but Casey did just fine.

Reactions: bronco man
SHG is definitively 6A next year because of reaching the 6A final last year

they should both be in 6a for good. welcome to 6a, where no one is guaranteed a championship. if they move down to 5a both would be in championship just like the previous years. watered down championships mean nothing. both schools have proved they should be there and have played well enough to maintain that level by reaching the playoffs. this year the playoffs have proved that it all works. it took a few years for teams to get where they belong. now we have competitive football. now the only thing they need to do is sort out the seeding. should be week 8/9elimination 10/11 regional, 12/13sectional, 14 state.

they should both be in 6a for good. welcome to 6a, where no one is guaranteed a championship. if they move down to 5a both would be in championship just like the previous years. watered down championships mean nothing. both schools have proved they should be there and have played well enough to maintain that level by reaching the playoffs. this year the playoffs have proved that it all works. it took a few years for teams to get where they belong. now we have competitive football. now the only thing they need to do is sort out the seeding. should be week 8/9elimination 10/11 regional, 12/13sectional, 14 state.
They are a school of about 680 kids playing bigger schools just about every week. They haven't complained about the "Montini rule" just gone out and competed the best they could. Now that some downyears are here you want to force them to stay in the higher divisions. 5a is the right class for them as last two years have shown.
As for stopping the run it's difficult to do when you only have one d lineman above 215 lbs. you can compete at 5a with smaller lineman it's awfully hard to do in larger classes. MCHS will have there playoff streak on the line next year with a blue slate of games. 5 wins will be difficult

Reactions: Wassup13
They are a school of about 680 kids playing bigger schools just about every week. They haven't complained about the "Montini rule" just gone out and competed the best they could. Now that some downyears are here you want to force them to stay in the higher divisions. 5a is the right class for them as last two years have shown.
As for stopping the run it's difficult to do when you only have one d lineman above 215 lbs. you can compete at 5a with smaller lineman it's awfully hard to do in larger classes. MCHS will have there playoff streak on the line next year with a blue slate of games. 5 wins will be difficult
Who does MCHS have for weeks 1 and 2. Are the Hyde Park and LZ contracts renewed?

All.... Yes indeed. Here are the three SF schools true enrollments. Ratsy

Nazareth .... 784

Montini .... 666 (no attempt at jokes public school supporters, already heard them)

SHG .... 643

you must be kidding yourself?? Richards does not have large linemen on either side of the ball year in and year out. but they are still competitive each year.
the issue with 6a and below schools is depth. we cannot go out and look for daddys that are 6'8" 320, we cannot go and find daddys that run 4.2, we cannot go out and find a family of qb's and wide receivers.
if you want to cakewalk thru a class just so you can pound your chest so be it. as in the past it is meaningless. the only thing it does for you is help with recruiting. and that goes for public and private. this is not a public vs private debate. you should want and strive for better competition each year.
stay in a class that gives you more competition and you will be more respected.

Reactions: Wolffan64

Does 6A for good mean that they do not get "punishment adjusted" into 7A?

you must be kidding yourself?? Richards does not have large linemen on either side of the ball year in and year out. but they are still competitive each year.
the issue with 6a and below schools is depth. we cannot go out and look for daddys that are 6'8" 320, we cannot go and find daddys that run 4.2, we cannot go out and find a family of qb's and wide receivers.
if you want to cakewalk thru a class just so you can pound your chest so be it. as in the past it is meaningless. the only thing it does for you is help with recruiting. and that goes for public and private. this is not a public vs private debate. you should want and strive for better competition each year.
stay in a class that gives you more competition and you will be more respected.

Does that go for Rochester and their 4A dominance? You say teams should strive for better competition each year and that this is not a public/private debate. If so, then why apply the "punishment adjustment" to only private schools, especially when they are already subjected to the multiplier? Doesn't sound like a lot of public schools wish to follow your suggestion.

Does 6A for good mean that they do not get "punishment adjusted" into 7A?

I think they should be 6a for good.(naz, shg, montini, stl) I understand the reasoning for and against. but, I still believe these schools should be in 6a class each year. but just because you don't have or cannot find large linemen comeon. no coach or school would ever you use that as an excuse.

Does that go for Rochester and their 4A dominance? You say teams should strive for better competition each year and that this is not a public/private debate. If so, then why apply the "punishment adjustment" to only private schools, especially when they are already subjected to the multiplier? Doesn't sound like a lot of public schools wish to follow your suggestion.

absolutely. and for the record only one school adjusts up each year esl. so ya public wants to play better competition year in and year out.
these classes that we speak of, should be competition based. not just size of school. take for instance rochester they should want to pride themselves on playing better competition. they only game that is close for them all season long is when they play shg.
they can have 20championships no one cares. the only people looking at that are the kids trying to determine which leonard they want to play for

public or private so ya phillips, included. when you can go out and find depth, skill, and speed. you should be in a competitive class. if you can go find more than half of them to fit your needs you are stacked. only difference again depth. now, if you take away some of the under .500 teams in each conference and let them play the other under.500 teams from others, you will begin to see a difference in their competitiveness. and so on and so on.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Provi, SHG, or Naz make it to the dance next year would have to play 7A.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Provi, SHG, or Naz make it to the dance next year would have to play 7A.

provi should be a 7a school regardless. but, I like when Richards can play against them. it creates some good gages for your competition level.
I wish they would play marist or br maybe once every other year or so. but, I understand why they do not.
each school is wanting most of the same kids. so if one year marist loses more are going to go to Richards, if Richards loses more go to both private schools. I get it. but now that everyone can make the playoffs, why would Richards not want to play the best competition and get rid of the under .500 club teams. it does not make sense.

I don't think Montini is guaranteed getting to the championship game in 5A. Phillips, Lemont, MCC and Sterling would have something to say about it. and Sterling beat Dekalb in week nine 33-3 so if Dekalb beat Montini, 5A Sterling blew out Dekalb. so you can't say they would make it for sure. I think being a Sterling fan I say 6A is a good fit for them! Lol

I am only able to do it piece meal on that 8to18 thing. Marmion has their schedule posted as well as Prov. Montini plays at Prov week 8 and hosts Rice week 9
Why would Marmion have 2 blue cross overs? I thought it was only 1.

they play MC week 4 in a Green conference game. MC not in Blue for 2 years. MC does not play SR BR but still plays PC and LA

I don't think Montini is guaranteed getting to the championship game in 5A. Phillips, Lemont, MCC and Sterling would have something to say about it. and Sterling beat Dekalb in week nine 33-3 so if Dekalb beat Montini, 5A Sterling blew out Dekalb. so you can't say they would make it for sure. I think being a Sterling fan I say 6A is a good fit for them! Lol

I am not talking game per game, in any given year you can be a better team than any one of them. but, year in and year out. sterling is a staple in 5a qtr final finsher. you stay in 5a.
year in and year out your placement should be qtr final finshers competitiveness. you should be seeded in the top 8 of class 5a.
and until you cannot sustain that playoff entry level 32 you will stay in 5a. if you become a Rochester and blow thru everyone every year, you will then move up. until you are a consistent qtr final finisher. top 8 teams in each class determine how competitive the class will be that is the truth. and it should not be year in and year out same 2 or 3teams in championship. you are either going to move up along the competitive trail or you will slide accordingly. 32 is the current entry level for playoffs, next year maybe 64, you might be in 6a., and if you are a consistent qtr final finisher in your old class.
you will become a top 32 - 16 seed. until you can prove better than that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT