ADVERTISEMENT

Montini 28 Loyola 27

You are what your record says you are . Enjoy and relax! Big win.

I'm relaxed! Happy about the win but curious how anomalous this season is in the CCL-B.

Good stuff though, hoping for 8-1 or 7-2.

Why are we mistified? This is not a good LA team. Doesn’t mean MC, Rice, et. al are any good. LA Is not any good. Judge accordingly.

Why is this impressive? LA is not a good team this year.

Look, LA is on the schedule and your playing them in Wilmette. Any win is a good win in my book and beating them on the road is important for a team like Montini with a large amount of sophomore and junior players.

Reactions: Gene K.
Why is this team not good? They’ve been successful on every level recently. Going into the season they seemed to be the usual Loyola powerhouse. Everything seemed normal until after the New Trier game. What’s happened?

Why is this team not good? They’ve been successful on every level recently. Going into the season they seemed to be the usual Loyola powerhouse. Everything seemed normal until after the New Trier game. What’s happened?
Don’t ask me? Different group of kids.

Pretty obvious. The comments made by New Trier's head coach got in their heads. They stopped showing up to practice and focused more on school. GPAs are up, wins are down.

Pretty obvious. The comments made by New Trier's head coach got in their heads. They stopped showing up to practice and focused more on school. GPAs are up, wins are down.
giphy.gif

Don’t ask me? Different group of kids.

.... who did great as underclassmen.

Considering how important others argued with me is a big deal -- and I agree to an extent -- it is perplexing. I didn't see this coming

Last edited:
Both teams played hard ... A cheap and ignorant shot serves no purpose.

Reactions: Gene K.
Loyola has not been a team we follow on the LWE radar on a yearly basis so please excuse any errors here. I do remember the talk of last year was the enormous talent on the lower levels as well as the injuries the team had last year during the season. Did LA not play a ton of juniors and even sophomores last year? Have they had the same injury situation this year to slow down the usual development? Again most of this information was from TV broadcasts that are sometimes hype based. What is the real story?

Disappointment in a team is hard to take. Montini had a very disappointing season last year, made the playoffs and lost in the 1st round to Dekalb. First round loss for Montini in over 15 years and much was expected from that group of kids. Maybe Loyola isn't as good as in the past but I take nothing away from them, their coach or their tradition. I know they had some key injuries going into this game but it looked to me that Montini wanted this game more than Loyola. IMO Loyola needs to regroup and get ready for the playoffs and they may surprise some people going forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT