ADVERTISEMENT

MC/BR

MCCaravan6410

Jul 27, 2021
What’s the outlook on this year’s game? Are either teams injury ridden in key positions? Etc.

I’ve only seen MC play once this season so I’m not sure what to expect on Friday.

Happy Rice Week! I look forward to being at 99th & Pulaski on Friday.

I was interested in the second meeting last year, but the senior-dominated Mount Carmel passing attack shredded the Brother Rice defense. Now even the Caravan’s best fans know this year’s passing attack hasn’t been as turnkey as they would like but that’s expected with graduation. They have so much talent on that side of the ball that it is only a matter of time it’s clicking. That’s sort of concerning for the rest of the state. Brother Rice has a ton of great players but the injury bug has bitten the Crusaders.

A couple things I do know:
1) playing on the road in the blue is a monster of a task. Winning 24-23 is great. Tip your cap to your opponent and get out of Dodge happy with a W no matter if it’s ugly
2) Brother Rice’s effort will be outstanding
3) the visitors headsets will go out some time during the game. 😂

Rice will keep close. In fact they might put a little scare in the Caravan. But as they game goes along MC will pull away. The loss to Marist should give Rice fans some pause. Was it a fluke? MC by 17-21 pts.

Last edited:
I certainly don't feel comfortable going in there. As good as MC was last year, barely managed to get out of there with a win. This will be 6th game between them in last 2 years: 3 in 2021, 2 last year.

Really looking forward to visiting the good people of BR. Rice this week. Great facilities for the visitors. Tons of quality seating. Always greeted with a welcoming smile. Should be a blast.
And it will be your first time watching MC play in person since the last time they played at BR.

And it will be your first time watching MC play in person since the last time they played at BR.
Definitely not. I missed the game at Rice last year. Can someone please explain why we have to go back there again this year? Loyola too!!!

Reactions: Silver Rain
Definitely not. I missed the game at Rice last year. Can someone please explain why we have to go back there again this year? Loyola too!!!
When they realigned the divisions, new schedules were generated. They don’t factor in home and away with the previous season.

Yes. They do. But it’s a two year agreement now. So after this year, MC will be home for BR and Loyola.
In support of 30orangewhips, I think both what he and what Jenny27 are saying is correct.
Within each two-year setup 23-24 and 24-25, within team in each 4-team division will play home and away with each foe in its division.
However, since the divisions change every two years, the order in which the teams play home and away is not dictated by the order of who was home and away in the previous two years.
Each two years skeds are made so in each division each team gets home and away with each division opponent.
So in a 4-year span if let’s say Mt Carmel and Loyola are in the same division all four years each will get 2 home games vs each other but the home game order could be LCLC or LCCL or CLCL or CLLC.
That applies to any two teams in the same division 4 years in a row.
So I agree with both posters on this.

In support of 30orangewhips, I think both what he and what Jenny27 are saying is correct.
Within each two-year setup 23-24 and 24-25, within team in each 4-team division will play home and away with each foe in its division.
However, since the divisions change every two years, the order in which the teams play home and away is not dictated by the order of who was home and away in the previous two years.
Each two years skeds are made so in each division each team gets home and away with each division opponent.
So in a 4-year span if let’s say Mt Carmel and Loyola are in the same division all four years each will get 2 home games vs each other but the home game order could be LCLC or LCCL or CLCL or CLLC.
That applies to any two teams in the same division 4 years in a row.
So I agree with both posters on this.
Correct - previous year’s schedule with old divisions have no bearing on future schedules with new divisions.

And @Notre Dame two years in a row! Miserable Friday night commute! What they said about the realignment is correct though. MC just got screwed on it. BR had 4 roads games to start including a second consecutive trip to LA as well. LA has to go to SR again for a second year, so everyone got kicked in the crotch a bit.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
And @Notre Dame two years in a row! Miserable Friday night commute! What they said about the realignment is correct though. MC just got screwed on it. BR had 4 roads games to start including a second consecutive trip to LA as well. LA has to go to SR again for a second year, so everyone got kicked in the crotch a bit.
I think the realignment is now every year and one year does not impact the next year although I could be wrong.

BR was, to no fault of anyone, screwed by scheduling early with four road games and no guarantee for week 1 and week 2 home games next year. Next year, they could play Marist in week 2, as a crossover, as a divisional foe or not at all.

Next year hope to see Pierce v Elliott, would have been a great chess match for those two this year.

Defensive injuries will do in BR.

Hopefully they leave the Google machine on a little later this week.

Now even the Caravan’s best fans know this year’s passing attack hasn’t been as turnkey as they would like
This is true. But the kid is improving every week, like Dowling did his junior year. Elliott's legs, as everyone saw, are better than Dowling's. And who can stop a phenom like Dupree?

Last edited:
Looks like they’re replaying the ‘21 quarterfinal victory prior to kickoff tonight. @Marica gonna love that.
Br Rice video club taking down the stream #100 mph. The football team playing #5 mph.
They must pay a fortune in those youtube fees to keep that one up. But I get it, Rice trying to break the Lausch curse.
Coach Q and them haven't beaten a good private school since (0-8) and wasn't for MS game, they'd have zero big game wins.
Thing about the '21 season for MC. While going 14-0 back to back is always the goal. For those underclassmen to have to drag themselves off the field at Rice watching them celebrate put a mighty big chip on their shoulder that started the following Monday and ended well.
Even with the loss Rice has a much better record against MC than Rita so congrats to them on that.

Br Rice video club taking down the stream #100 mph. The football team playing #5 mph.
They must pay a fortune in those youtube fees to keep that one up. But I get it, Rice trying to break the Lausch curse.
Coach Q and them haven't beaten a good private school since (0-8) and wasn't for MS game, they'd have zero big game wins.
Thing about the '21 season for MC. While going 14-0 back to back is always the goal. For those underclassmen to have to drag themselves off the field at Rice watching them celebrate put a mighty big chip on their shoulder that started the following Monday and ended well.
Even with the loss Rice has a much better record against MC than Rita so congrats to them on that.
Lynch is lucky Badke isn’t coaching BR anymore as Badke body bagged him by beating him three times in a calendar year

Lynch is lucky Badke isn’t coaching BR anymore as Badke body bagged him by beating him three times in a calendar year
If you think part of why Badke left didn't have to do with what was coming up in the program, you're delusional.
Is this where Rice football is at? Hanging your hat on something so meaningless as 3 wins in a calender year? And body bagging?
Spring game '21, Close, thought Lynch did lean on the pass too much. Fall of '21 game at Carmel, close, ended in crazy way. By the way you can still go back and watch on mc youtube channel.
Playoff game Rice was better team, MC was always chasing. Then Rice went on to not win the championship with Badke leading the way, again.

Reactions: TheWizardofWoodlawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT