ADVERTISEMENT

LT

I’m just stunned it’s taking this long. The former coach resigned in November, it shouldn’t take 5 months to find a replacement at a school like this....winter workouts have begun, honestly why are they dragging their feet?
Winter workouts are over kids move onto baseball.No excuse for 5 months!

What is the point of trying to make up a story about Badke and applying at LT?

I'm a teacher in the area, there is no reason to make something up. I was reading the thread to see if they hired someone and saw Brother Rice mentioned.

Just having some fun at the expense of others. Isn't that what this forum is about? Speculation and rumors dominate this discussion board. Without it, there would be no discussions.
Also, wondering if you looked into the Ike job or if you know what they are planning on doing over there?

Reactions: McCaravan
Let's clear this up.

I was the OC at BR the last three years and interviewed at LT!

Great school, great community! This position is also one of the highest paid in the state. Most large school districts do not know what teaching positions will be open until they run the staffing numbers. I would assume this is why the process is taking as long as it is!

Lol. Scared of implications on recruiting so you fall on the sword for your guy. You are truly a great friend.

What is the point of trying to make up a story about Badke and applying at LT?

I'm a teacher in the area, there is no reason to make something up. I was reading the thread to see if they hired someone and saw Brother Rice mentioned.

I wouldn't make it up. I have zero skin in the game. Just call it like I see it.

I'm not really sure why you're so offended or taking this personal. I thought, based on years of reading posts on Edgy, that this was a place we discussed things we thought or knew. I KNOW what I saw. The rest is just speculation.
To play devil's advocate here, what if he was there to do something besides interview? Maybe pop in as a reference?

maxresdefault.jpg

If they never have had much state success, are they really not reaching their potential? Maybe 5-4 to 7-2 is the ceiling. The school is very competitive in almost every sports so they could have a talent drain. Also the area is prime recruiting for private schools in all directions. I know of LT kids that have gone to Marist, Rice, Mt Carmel, Ignatius, Naz, Fenwick, Benet and IC.

Reactions: Guido Sarducci
If they never have had much state success, are they really not reaching their potential? Maybe 5-4 to 7-2 is the ceiling. The school is very competitive in almost every sports so they could have a talent drain. Also the area is prime recruiting for private schools in all directions. I know of LT kids that have gone to Marist, Rice, Mt Carmel, Ignatius, Naz, Fenwick, Benet and IC.

Strong points. 4,000 students, facilities, conference, resources...

Could be argued that the conference beats them up during the regular season. Aside from Proviso West, LT gets no weeks off in the Silver. Well maybe when the Hitters blow them out otherwise they are grinding for a victory each week and injuries mount up. If they make the playoffs, LT is typically a lower seed going on the road against someone better than them. 4000 kids doesn’t help much in that scenario.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Could be argued that the conference beats them up during the regular season. Aside from Proviso West, LT gets no weeks off in the Silver. Well maybe when the Hitters blow them out otherwise they are grinding for a victory each week and injuries mount up. If they make the playoffs, LT is typically a lower seed going on the road against someone better than them. 4000 kids doesn’t help much in that scenario.
Ok, I’m an LT Alum and even I don’t buy that one.

Strong points again...but LT beat GBW two years ago and has been close with the others (relatively speaking)...so it can be done. 4,000 healthy, wealthy kids always matters.

One area they are significantly lacking compared to other schools is a legitimate weight room. No money has been spent to upgrade a facility that has to be one of the worst in the conference.

Strong points again...but LT beat GBW two years ago and has been close with the others (relatively speaking)...so it can be done. 4,000 healthy, wealthy kids always matters.

They did win that game. GW lost like 3 running backs and had some terrible turnovers. Then LT lost by a million at home to curie in the playoffs. Perfectly sums up LT.

One area they are significantly lacking compared to other schools is a legitimate weight room. No money has been spent to upgrade a facility that has to be one of the worst in the conference.

Referendum coming?

If their training facilities are so far behind, that’s a fail on the part of LTs coaches and AD. Are they really behind Nazareth and Fenwick? Or behind what would be considered the norm at LT?

Maybe LT doesn’t need multiple helmet and uniform combinations and should invest that money elsewhere?

Last edited:
Interesting considering the upheaval going on right now. Those diablos put the scope squarely on their own foot and pulled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT