ADVERTISEMENT

LT

I've been hearing is down to final round interviews. West suburban silver and gold head coaches represented in the finals. Catholic blue as well.

I've been hearing is down to final round interviews. West suburban silver and gold head coaches represented in the finals. Catholic blue as well.
Catholic League Blue? Will they pony up for the best coach the last 10 years?

Can that coach adjust to teaching and not recruiting? Money is no concern at Lyons township.
I would take that bet he could.
Sure he has had a quantity of quality guys, but it is not like he has had superior talent (D1 guys).

Last edited:
Imagine if they hired their rivals coach from Hinsdale Central since ya know they are cutting football.

Reactions: Cross Bones
After all is said and done, there could be another possible "high-profile" head coaching position open. Although, if it's at HC, it might not get filled until after April.

WIllowbrook has been impressive the last few seasons. HC would add some much more to the rivalry if the Red Devils continue playing football. Seems like they have some great options if the source is correct

Deleted my post. Don't want it flushed. Catholic Blue Head Coach at 8A Finalist school interviewed Monday.

The advantage of suburban programs over Catholic is they offer higher pay and more importantly a pension but this coach you mention has a full time job away from the school. Football is a side job to him. So unless something went really South with his full time job I strongly don’t think this is a possibility especially with a son in the current program

Reactions: Gene K.
No one from any private school was interviewed on Monday

QUOTE="AlwaysABulldog, post: 196218, member: 16115"]Deleted my post. Don't want it flushed. Catholic Blue Head Coach at 8A Finalist school interviewed Monday.[/QUOTE]

The advantage of suburban programs over Catholic is they offer higher pay and more importantly a pension but this coach you mention has a full time job away from the school. Football is a side job to him. So unless something went really South with his full time job I strongly don’t think this is a possibility especially with a son in the current program
Also, does he have a teaching certificate? Is that a prerequisite?

Sorry partner. Saw it first hand.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he was there recruiting the football kids since they don't have a coach yet. Oh wait, they don't recruit. Nevermind.

I’m just stunned it’s taking this long. The former coach resigned in November, it shouldn’t take 5 months to find a replacement at a school like this....winter workouts have begun, honestly why are they dragging their feet?

Reactions: Undercenter3rd1
I agree. Along with Stevenson, Bolingbrook, HF, HC, LWE, LA, BR, Marist and Maine South.....wait, this doesn't add up?;)
I would also add in the Naperville schools (all 3), WV and Aurora West, Joliet West, and Downers Groves.

Deleted my post. Don't want it flushed. Catholic Blue Head Coach at 8A Finalist school interviewed Monday.

This is comical...I can ASSURE YOU.. If you are referencing the current BR Head Coach interviewing at LT you are 100000000% false. Coach Badke is one of my best friends. He has a mission to win State Titles at BR and he is a staple in the community. Don't post lies to hurt BRice. If anyone would've known if he was going to be interviewing there, I promise you I would've gotten the 1st phone call. Good Luck to all the candidates that are interviewing. LTHS is an awesome school and has an EXCELLENT youth program.

This is comical...I can ASSURE YOU.. If you are referencing the current BR Head Coach interviewing at LT you are 100000000% false. Coach Badke is one of my best friends. He has a mission to win State Titles at BR and he is a staple in the community. Don't post lies to hurt BRice. If anyone would've known if he was going to be interviewing there, I promise you I would've gotten the 1st phone call. Good Luck to all the candidates that are interviewing. LTHS is an awesome school and has an EXCELLENT youth program.

My best friend tells me the truth.

I’m just stunned it’s taking this long. The former coach resigned in November, it shouldn’t take 5 months to find a replacement at a school like this....winter workouts have begun, honestly why are they dragging their feet?

Probably waiting on teaching positions so they know who they can hire.

I don't mean to offend you but I saw it with my own eyes. I'm sorry.

Let's clear this up.

I was the OC at BR the last three years and interviewed at LT!

Great school, great community! This position is also one of the highest paid in the state. Most large school districts do not know what teaching positions will be open until they run the staffing numbers. I would assume this is why the process is taking as long as it is!

Let's clear this up.

Great school, great community! This position is also one of the highest paid in the state. Most large school districts do not know what teaching positions will be open until they run the staffing numbers. I would assume this is why the process is taking as long as it is!
Tada!

Reactions: Bowie50
Let's clear this up.

Did you see Badke there? Or, did you guys do the interview together like in Step Brothers? Tuxedos?

tenor.gif

Did you see Badke there? Or, did you guys do the interview together like in Step Brothers? Tuxedos?

What is the point of trying to make up a story about Badke and applying at LT?

I'm a teacher in the area, there is no reason to make something up. I was reading the thread to see if they hired someone and saw Brother Rice mentioned.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT