ADVERTISEMENT

Lower Level Season Cancellations

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Anyone cancel a Frosh or Soph team for the upcoming season yet? It has been much quieter on this front which I hope means is a good thing for the upcoming year. Or maybe some schools have just went to a F/S model back in the winter and have nothing to cancel.

I would think we would start hearing more about this after August 12. I know the NSC is going to "JV" as the warm up game for varsity. Don't know how much of that will be sophomore games or not.

i believe springfield hs and decatur eisenhower have cancelled frosh games in the cs8.

West Chicago,Elgin,E Larkin, E Aurora, Streamwood no Freshmen teams.

I would never want to cancel a frosh season before school starts. You can pull 20-30 freshmen the first day of school if your a big school.

I would never want to cancel a frosh season before school starts. You can pull 20-30 freshmen the first day of school if your a big school.
Then the problem is getting them enough practices to assemble a full team with proper IHSA eligibility for a game for Week 1, 2 or maybe even 3?

Then the problem is getting them enough practices to assemble a full team with proper IHSA eligibility for a game for Week 1, 2 or maybe even 3?

School starts for most schools 2 weeks before the season starts. They already have physicals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT