ADVERTISEMENT

LA v Marist

When you say a teams game plan was to hurt a player that sounds alot like a bounty that is all i am saying. I will try and get ahold of Marist coaching and make sure they are careful with there tackling this week and put down a pillow before tackling 14 to the ground.
I would not have believed it either but it happened more than once. It definitely looked intentional. We just won't agree but anybody who thinks Marist is going to get smoked maybe smoking something themselves. They have found their stride.

Apparently one of Marist's other strategies in the first game was to go after #14's knees...you can see on film the DB from Marist crouched low and put his helmet right on his knee which is why he was out against Maine South...it's a physical game and injuries happen but a tackle like that only has one purpose and that is to purposefully hurt a player...

{eye roll}

Reactions: IgorStL
I would not have believed it either but it happened more than once. It definitely looked intentional. We just won't agree but anybody who thinks Marist is going to get smoked maybe smoking something themselves. They have found their stride.
This is a really bad take MDRT. Opinions are fine, but opinions that paint a program in this light are awful. There’s zero intent to hurt. You do know that very often smaller players, like a DB, will tackle low on a larger player, right? It’s called leverage. Good luck to both teams. Loyola wins by 14 IMO.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Apparently one of Marist's other strategies in the first game was to go after #14's knees...you can see on film the DB from Marist crouched low and put his helmet right on his knee which is why he was out against Maine South...it's a physical game and injuries happen but a tackle like that only has one purpose and that is to purposefully hurt a player...
I've been fiercely looking for the tape of that game to corroborate this theory. Unfortunately, Loyola's website has taken the game down and NFHS doesn't have it on demand. It's a hell of a claim. I'm far from a Marist fan, but it's hard to picture Dawczak telling his team to intentionally hurt other players.

Last edited:
After watching video of the LA v Marist none of the tackling looked malicious, including the play that put Pemberton out.

Don’t know if everyone was aware that Loyola’s Sophomore team was undefeated this year. Allot of people are saying it was the best Loyola Soph team in 50 years!!!!

Don’t know if everyone was aware that Loyola’s Sophomore team was undefeated this year. Allot of people are saying it was the best Loyola Soph team in 50 years!!!!

Sounds like it- When aren’t they loaded with talent at Loyola? Any idea of scores vs Mount Carmel , Brother Rice, Marist ?

I heard the same from the coaches. Let's not also forget that they also have 2 sophomores starting on the varsity this year. As a side note, keep a look out for 6'5" freshman qb Jake Stearney and 6'5" freshman on the sophomore team TE and LB Joe Fitzgerald ( Pat's son ). The coaches believe both these young men have high D1 talent.
I don't know what it means for the future varsity, but it's fun tracking their progress.

Reactions: Gene K.
Traveling the next couple days so I might forget, but good luck to both teams...but I want the team to win that beat "my" team, so, Go Ramblers!

Bowie, hope you're feeling OK and recovering well. Enjoy the game.

(Postscript: At the local watering hole last night and discussing LA v GBW game...guys were impressed and complimentary on the Loyola game stream and announcers, FWIW)

I heard the same from the coaches. Let's not also forget that they also have 2 sophomores starting on the varsity this year. As a side note, keep a look out for 6'5" freshman qb Jake Stearney and 6'5" freshman on the sophomore team TE and LB Joe Fitzgerald ( Pat's son ). The coaches believe both these young men have high D1 talent.
I don't know what it means for the future varsity, but it's fun tracking their progress.
I think Fitz has 3 boys. Little pipeline. Future looks bright at Lake and Laramie.

Traveling the next couple days so I might forget, but good luck to both teams...but I want the team to win that beat "my" team, so, Go Ramblers!

Bowie, hope you're feeling OK and recovering well. Enjoy the game.

(Postscript: At the local watering hole last night and discussing LA v GBW game...guys were impressed and complimentary on the Loyola game stream and announcers, FWIW)
Thank you!

You’re an idiot. No one would do that purposely. Just the kids doing what they can to make a tackle. My friends nephew who currently plays for Marist told him that before #14 was injured he was tackled and/or ran out of bounds on the Marist sidelines and said to the Marist “Are your ready for your f@#king season to be over?” What a kid.

Marist Juniors beat Loyola Juniors freshman year. so...

Marist girls going for their third straight state title so...

Marist upset a 21 pt home favorite at Loyola so...

Marist now a 10 pt Road dog.

so I’ve been saying all year the CCL Blue is a seven pt spread in every game. If you have a bookie bet Marist if you can get the ten.

Reactions: USD24 and ignazio
You’re an idiot. No one would do that purposely. Just the kids doing what they can to make a tackle. My friends nephew who currently plays for Marist told him that before #14 was injured he was tackled and/or ran out of bounds on the Marist sidelines and said to the Marist “Are your ready for your f@#king season to be over?” What a kid.
Heard the same story.

My grandma’s Cousin’s brother-in-law’s Niece lives next to a guy who use to date a girl. They are kids. I encourage you to keep things positive. Root for your team, but keep in mind that you heard something third hand and then made a disparaging remark about a 16 year old’s character on social media. I don’t really like to use words like “idiot”, but...

What should he have said? Hope you guys can beat us and keep playing.
If it was something specific to another kid in a personal way that's one thing. But that sentence is nothing to be all wound up about.

Reactions: Bowie50
Do you think Loyola will finally put in lights so Fitz can catch the games?

Not taking away any teams accomplishment but true Soph Football (not JV) is really the forgotten division. Every team has 2 or 3 of their best playing up. Freshman, while a TON can and will change, is a good view of the future talent.

Marist Juniors beat Loyola Juniors freshman year. so...

Marist girls going for their third straight state title so...

Marist upset a 21 pt home favorite at Loyola so...

Marist now a 10 pt Road dog.

so I’ve been saying all year the CCL Blue is a seven pt spread in every game. If you have a bookie bet Marist if you can get the ten.
As I’ve posted before, Marist is a wonderful school both academically and athletically. It’s no surprise that they have been victorious over LA as well as many other schools. This Marist team is large, fast and has already beaten LA and will try to punch them in the mouth thus Saturday. LA is predominantly sophomores and juniors who are very well coached and doing the best they can. Hopefully they won’t be overwhelmed. There are a great many people who believe Marist will win this game. We shall see.

Not taking away any teams accomplishment but true Soph Football (not JV) is really the forgotten division. Every team has 2 or 3 of their best playing up. Freshman, while a TON can and will change, is a good view of the future talent.
I agree with you Mc. I enjoy it and have fun in tracking their development more than anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT