ADVERTISEMENT

LA HEADED TO 8A

Did I not read somewhere on this board that such petitions had to be made before Sept 1. Perhaps this was done before Sept 1 and the IHSA board just approved it.

I’m still confused on how they ended up in 7A anyways.
Edgy had it earlier in the year that only 9 schools this season are multiplied. Not sure what the formula is anymore but apparently they didn’t reach enough playoff wins in 2019 & 2020 to get multiplied this season.

Reactions: McCaravan
Edgy had it earlier in the year that only 9 schools this season are multiplied. Not sure what the formula is anymore but apparently they didn’t reach enough playoff wins in 2019 & 2020 to get multiplied this season.
A school needs 3 playoff wins between 2019 and 2020 seasons. So basically if you did not make it to the semifinals in 2019, you are not multiplied.

8A early semi-finals
LA
Marist
Warren
Main South

Except for the club that will sneak through a slugfest against LWE, all of the teams have very comfortable roads to the semis.

No surprises here; hats off to Warren's coaches for building a program that appears to be a state threat on a consistent basis.

Going into these matchups, as always, being healthy is more crucial than having an undefeated record.

Reactions: Gene K.
8A early semi-finals
LA
Marist
Warren
Main South

Except for the club that will sneak through a slugfest against LWE, all of the teams have very comfortable roads to the semis.

No surprises here; hats off to Warren's coaches for building a program that appears to be a state threat on a consistent basis.

Going into these matchups, as always, being healthy is more crucial than having an undefeated record.
As stated before on this board - there are no easy roads through the playoffs in 8A.

8A early semi-finals
LA
Marist
Warren
Main South

Remember Marist is likely to have 2 losses going into the playoffs so they could end up seeded anywhere. If history holds, could be a 14-19th seed, meaning they will face a top team in round 2.

Remember Marist is likely to have 2 losses going into the playoffs so they could end up seeded anywhere. If history holds, could be a 14-19th seed, meaning they will face a top team in round 2.
Who Bartlett 😂, Marist will be in the semis unless they run into the three teams listed.

Naperville Central might have something to say about that.
Possibly.
I would pick a healthy Anderson and JCA over NC.
JCA is a threat to win any class this year.

Last edited:
8A early semi-finals
LA
Marist
Warren
Main South

With BR being the largest 7A isn’t there a likely chance they still get moved to 8A? This was the case a couple years ago. They got the playoff wins.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
With BR being the largest 7A isn’t there a likely chance they still get moved to 8A? This was the case a couple years ago. They got the playoff wins.
That is something I believe is possible. If BR is healthy, I think they have a good shot.

If you can get BR and LA back to 8A, the young caravan's path through 7A will be much nicer.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
So Marist knocks them out in 2019. By doing so, Loyola gets placed back into 8a. Karma.
I love people will compare 2021 teams to teams where everyone has since graduated. Every year is a different team. The "love" is sarcasm, in case it didn't come across.

I think we all can agree with Loyola moving up and the potential for Rice to do so as well, that 8A is now the beast of all classes. As many as 8 teams can be considered contenders - not favorites, but contenders

Loyola
Marist
Maine S
LWE
Nap Ctrl
NV
Warren
GBW

Add in rice if they move up.

Can’t wait for October

8A early semi-finals
LA
Marist
Warren
Main South

You should say hats off to Warren and coach mcnulty for learning how to recruit like a Catholic school!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT