ADVERTISEMENT

JJ McCarthy

He is going to have his choice from almost every major college in the country. He seems to have the skill set to fit in almost any system. Hopefully he finds a campus he loves and a staff that stays in place for his time there.

Reactions: Gene K.
Last week Notre Dame got a huge commit from another big 2021 QB recruit. Northwestern? New facility, close to home?

Reactions: Bwm57
Not a big fan of Lemming but am a fan of Jack Miller...4/5* out of Scottsdale.

Coming to Columbus next year. And we have Fields and Matthew Baldwin, from Austin, who would have started over Tathan Martell this year if Fields hadn’t come. And he’s a Day recruit 100%.

All of that means is that JJ is sitting and learning for a couple of years in Columbus. Good situation to become comfortable with the speed of the college game.

Evanston is probably a better spot right now as he can get great coaching and not have a litany of equally or more talented kids to fight with for playing time.

Regardless.... he’s obviously a talented kid with all of the tools. He needs to do what’s best for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and Relist8
Stanford, Michigan, Ohio State. ND got their 2021 kid or I thought JJ would have been at ND. Although I can see a NW sneak into top few. I can also see this change if something huge non midwest comes like a Clemson Bama Georgia type. I also bet he makes early commit before his Junior Season.

Last edited:
Jeff Thomas will be gone by the time he would arrive. Both are going to be juniors next year.

LSU just offered. I can't seem to remember such a highly recruited QB in this area. Who was thr last real Nationally recruited QB

Maybe Demetrius Jones who originally went to Notre Dame. Paus from Lincoln Way? Probably no one in the last 20 years at the QB position had this offer list

Interesting weekend. Not sure that JJ will end up in Columbus.

OSU has offered Philly St Joseph’s QB/WR duo of Kyle McCord and Marvin Harrison, Jr. Both are highly ranked and Junior really likes Day’s offense and his propensity to develop WRs. Time will tell I suppose.

OSU or Northwestern. A redshirt year while Hunter Johnson is a Senior and establish yourself as a potential 4 year starter. Like Northwestern’s chances here. The Freshman WR follows him a year later.

JJ helped solidify Nazareth as a program, NU beckons for the same McLovin

What Fitz has built on the lake is the most underappreciated coaching job in the country. Period.

Getting McLovin’ up there is exactly what he needs. A program defining leader at QB. Others will be sure to follow.

What Fitz has built on the lake is the most underappreciated coaching job in the country. Period.

Getting McLovin’ up there is exactly what he needs. A program defining leader at QB. Others will be sure to follow.

It would have to be an early commit to draw some other people in his class. I'm still pulling for Purdue as a dark horse. Either way, he has a hell of a list to choose from right now.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
It would have to be an early commit to draw some other people in his class. I'm still pulling for Purdue as a dark horse. Either way, he has a hell of a list to choose from right now.
Purdue would be a great spot for his skill set and Brohm would bring out the best in him.

I am in the Jeff Brohm is a QB whisperer camp, but it's West Lafayette.

^Go Cats^

Who are JJs top wide receivers for this upcoming year?

Are there any more Love's left at Naz?

Does Racki have any Schwabe's, Turner, Campanella, or Tranchatella kids in the pipeline from Addison?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT