ADVERTISEMENT

JJ McCarthy

Nd offered Freddy Granite City sophomore year, right?

No - not downplaying JJ. He’s the real deal!

No ND did not offer Freddy. He went to a Junior Day and the BND a big deal about it. He is not a QB, he will be playing another position.

The most impressive thing I saw in the 7A game was when he was escaping the rush and would turn his back scrambling, looked like he was going to be sacked, but then seemingly found open receivers well down the field. Highly impressive. The announcer didn't like it, shoulda just appreciated.
Mitch does similar role outs on the bears. Pointed it out to my brother to have the announcer immmediately say it wasn’t good. I’m no QB expert but it looked pretty cool.

He just added Penn State to the list of offers as well. Over/under on getting one from the all the big ten schools before EOY?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Mitch does similar role outs on the bears. Pointed it out to my brother to have the announcer immmediately say it wasn’t good. I’m no QB expert but it looked pretty cool.

He just added Penn State to the list of offers as well. Over/under on getting one from the all the big ten schools before EOY?
Yeah I saw that offer on the Twitter machine last night. He'll probably get most of the B1G for sure.

As for the escaping, I know I was like "what are you doing?" But hey if it works... Reminds me of those NFL films where the coach is mic'd while the play is happening, "No! No! No! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Reactions: Gene K.
Yeah I saw that offer on the Twitter machine last night. He'll probably get most of the B1G for sure.

As for the escaping, I know I was like "what are you doing?" But hey if it works... Reminds me of those NFL films where the coach is mic'd while the play is happening, "No! No! No! Yes! Yes! Yes!"
If Racki was mic'd up thats exactly how it sounds.

Great to see the offers piling up for this young man. I and many others who are not normally Naz fans really like the way he plays the game and his demeanor off the field. When it's time to make his choice of which college he's going to attend it will be one of the biggest events on Edgy IMO. Even tho he has two more years to go I wonder where other posters would like to see him end up in college?

Reactions: Bowie50
Great to see the offers piling up for this young man. I and many others who are not normally Naz fans really like the way he plays the game and his demeanor off the field. When it's time to make his choice of which college he's going to attend it will be one of the biggest events on Edgy IMO. Even tho he has two more years to go I wonder where other posters would like to see him end up in college?

Would love to see him at Wisconsin or USC.

I'd personally like to see him go where there is a great QB coach who can further develop his talents. Don't know where that may be but it sure looks like this kid has a ton of potential to go beyond college.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
That's always a valid point. With his talent he's going to make it unless he takes to the option.

If he does make it either way he will be better prepared outside the B1G. Maybe NU? Fitz likes to sling...

Last off season it was all the talk about Sophomore AJ....this year JJ.....if your son goes by CJ, PJ, or TJ, and is a freshman, he could be headed for a huge season!

Joking aside I think he’s obviously an extremely talented kid, next year will tell a lot on how he can carry a team with without a loaded supporting cast. I know, I know, Naz will have good players, but he had some special ones this past season.

Can’t see that happening now that they have Fields from Georgia. I heard JJ is very happy Fitz is staying at Northwestern.
If Fields is as good as advertised and flourishes under Day like Haskins did then he’ll be in his last year when JJ hits campus.

I wonder how he will stack up Nationally.

According to QB Hit List, he is #3 for his class for pocket passers. #5 overall for QBs. Curious to see how this changes throughout all of the camps this summer. Also, not sure how reliable rankings on QB Hit List are as I only learned about this because I decided to search what he was ranked.

He’s visiting Columbus this weekend with quite a few other highly ranked national players (5* WR Julian Fleming, among others). It will be interesting to see how he and Day hit it off.

He looks smooth as butter throwing the ball and he can run decently now. Once he gets a little more size on his scrawny butt, he’ll be a dangerous runner.

I think he’s a D1 pocket passer. Very enjoyable to watch.

He looks as smooth as Darond Stovall, which Schott anointed as The Beat Athlete he coached.
I was just watching the "Spot-Light on the Finals" and he is so fun to watch. He moves so well in the pocket. He is so good at reading defenses and feeling pressure and moving up in the pocket to throw. Perfect mechanics. Really fun to watch someone this young who already looks like a high-level college QB.

I was just watching the "Spot-Light on the Finals" and he is so fun to watch. He moves so well in the pocket. He is so good at reading defenses and feeling pressure and moving up in the pocket to throw. Perfect mechanics. Really fun to watch someone this young who already looks like a high-level college QB.
Link?

his Instagram is blowing up today, offers from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and Purdue all in one day. I’d love to see him at Wisconsin. I think he wants to go to Ohio State or ND, he’ll crush it no matter where he goes

One of the offensive varsity coaches at Naz (Brody Budmayr), his brother is the QBs coach at Wisconsin (Jon Budmayr), so maybe there is a chance. Not sure how much that will help tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT