ADVERTISEMENT

JJ McCarthy to draft

I don't see Vikings paying Cousins and drafting a QB in round 1.
Just as a reminder: the Chiefs traded up to draft Mahomes after being a playoff team the year before and having a very solid QB in Alex Smith.

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that the Vikings draft him just to sit behind a solid QB like Cousins. It's certainly not their most pressing need, but if they think JJ McCarthy can develop into the type of of QB that can win playoff games, that's more valuable than anything else they might get with their pick.

Reactions: UlbKA91 and Gene K.
Wow I just read this entire thread and it is funny how people have flipped on JJ.....one minute ppl are hating and now they are mighty quiet.....interesting! My take is JJ will have a longer career than any other qb taken in this draft. Not necessarily the best but definitely the longest

Reactions: Gene K.
Wow I just read this entire thread and it is funny how people have flipped on JJ.....one minute ppl are hating and now they are mighty quiet.....interesting! My take is JJ will have a longer career than any other qb taken in this draft. Not necessarily the best but definitely the longest
I mean, what does that mean? Steve Beuerlein was in the league for 14 years.

ESPN’s Mike Tannenbaum is predicting the Chargers will trade the 5th pick to someone moving up to select McCarthy.

Reactions: stl705
JJ Watch Prior to Free Agency:

(3) - Patriots - Dealt Jones, drafting QB at 3 a strong possibility. May choose Maye/Daniels over JJ.

(6) - Giants - If they want to move on from D.Jones, they’ll have to find a cheap starter and drafting a QB is easiest solution.

(8) - Falcons - Fields market seems soft. They’re in on Kirk Cousins, but drafting a QB a possibility.

(11) - Vikings - All these next teams in a similar spot, QB wise. May require a trade up for JJ.
(12) - Broncos
(13) - Raiders

Reactions: jocas1259
Cross out Atlanta from the list, sounds like they have agreed with Cousins.

Big decision for Giants on JJ, otherwise he slides a few picks towards 10 overall at earliest.

JJ Watch Prior to Free Agency:

(3) - Patriots - Dealt Jones, drafting QB at 3 a strong possibility. May choose Maye/Daniels over JJ.

(6) - Giants - If they want to move on from D.Jones, they’ll have to find a cheap starter and drafting a QB is easiest solution.

(8) - Falcons - Fields market seems soft. They’re in on Kirk Cousins, but drafting a QB a possibility.

(11) - Vikings - All these next teams in a similar spot, QB wise. May require a trade up for JJ.
(12) - Broncos
(13) - Raiders
The Patriots may like JJ, but they aren't going to like him at the third overall pick. The way things fall, JJ would likely only be a top 10 pick if Daniels is gone before the Giants pick.

The Patriots may like JJ, but they aren't going to like him at the third overall pick. The way things fall, JJ would likely only be a top 10 pick if Daniels is gone before the Giants pick.
Giants arent going to be able to get rid of Jones contract regardless of they wanted too, so he’ll be there I think.

I agree tho Pats more likely to grab Maye or Daniels.

Listening to Mike Greenberg today, he was confident that Williams will go #1, Daniels #2, and that McCarthy will be either the 3rd or 4th pick.

I’m happy he gets his chance but I don’t know if he has NFL chops. Maye, Williams, Nix and Daniels will all go ahead of him. Likely a day two pick, maybe even day 3. He’ll make a roster but I don’t know if he has the full game yet.
Possibly going at #2 to Washington

I would not be surprised if JJ goes top 5 or 10, or if he drops to 2nd round. Draft season is all smoke and mirrors

Reactions: Gene K.
I say Harbaugh should put up or shut up. If he thinks so highly of JJ then trade Herbert to one of the teams ahead of the Chargers and draft JJ.
Lol. I'd be surprised if Harbaugh liked him THAT much

I say Harbaugh should put up or shut up. If he thinks so highly of JJ then trade Herbert to one of the teams ahead of the Chargers and draft JJ.
Don’t put it past Harbaugh.
Never quite sure what he is going to do.
Would get a pretty good haul for Herbert too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT