ADVERTISEMENT

Chargers Hire Harbaugh as Head Coach

I am surprised because he had a good thing going in Michigan. That said he was being investigated by the NCAA for violations and who knows where that was going. He’s coached in the NFL so we will see if he can get the Chargers playing at a high level. He couldn’t have picked a place with better weather. 😂

Even though John beat Jim head to head in a Super Bowl?
I think it’s certainly close.

Jim .608 reg season win % and .625 playoff win %.
John .618 reg season win % and .572 playoff win %.

I think it’s certainly close.

Jim .608 reg season win % and .625 playoff win %.
John .618 reg season win % and .572 playoff win %.
I think you need to look at how many years John’s (16) coaching in the NFL compared to Jim (4) big difference.

Reactions: 4Afan
I think you need to look at how many years John’s (16) coaching in the NFL compared to Jim (4) big difference.
I very well understand. My point is to the original comment that Jim is a college level coach and John an NFL level coach. They both have been very good NFL level coaches, albit Jim’s a shorter tenure.

I very well understand. My point is to the original comment that Jim is a college level coach and John an NFL level coach. They both have been very good NFL level coaches, albit Jim’s a shorter tenure.
I wasn’t really talking about the X’s and O’s. But rather their leadership qualities. For Jim I felt like he connected better with college kids rather than NFL men. I wish him luck.

Reactions: stl705
Jim getting out while the 4th investigation happening. Has gone full Pete Carroll
It's funny how much fans and supporters will put up with if the coach is a winner. And Carroll has proven to be an excellent coach in both College and the NFL ranks. He's only one of three who have won an national title in College and a SB in the NFL. The others being Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson. Paul Brown did win a national title at Ohio State and an NFL championship. But that was before the Super Bowls were played.

I am not a Pete Carroll fan and never have been. But no one can argue with his success. He won 9 games this year with a team that really shouldn't have. And finally, I can't think of any 72 year old man who looks as fit as this guy. It is amazing.

It's funny how much fans and supporters will put up with if the coach is a winner. And Carroll has proven to be an excellent coach in both College and the NFL ranks. He's only one of three who have won an national title in College and a SB in the NFL. The others being Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson. Paul Brown did win a national title at Ohio State and an NFL championship. But that was before the Super Bowls were played.

I am not a Pete Carroll fan and never have been. But no one can argue with his success. He won 9 games this year with a team that really shouldn't have. And finally, I can't think of any 72 year old man who looks as fit as this guy. It is amazing.
Pete can do no wrong, although he has a striking resemblance to the bass player who tainted my favorite band Pink Floyd.

I guess there are a few things this hire tells me. Harbaugh is going to have a lot of control and the Chargers are serious about winning.
We shall see how long the marriage lasts. Harbaugh is tough to take. He may win over his players but when it comes to working with owners or people above him he will be difficult to deal with. It might just be me but he really is an arrogant egomaniac.
I know what you’re going to say if he wins, it will heal all wounds. I don’t buy it. Let’s watch it all come unglued. It was only a matter of time before it was coming to an end at Michigan. He jumped shipped before the NCAA was coming. In my book Jim Harbaugh is just sleazy.

Reactions: Irishfan90
We shall see how long the marriage lasts. Harbaugh is tough to take. He may win over his players but when it comes to working with owners or people above him he will be difficult to deal with. It might just be me but he really is an arrogant egomaniac.
I know what you’re going to say if he wins, it will heal all wounds. I don’t buy it. Let’s watch it all come unglued. It was only a matter of time before it was coming to an end at Michigan. He jumped shipped before the NCAA was coming. In my book Jim Harbaugh is just sleazy.
Well let's see. His 4 years with SF was about what the average coaching tenure is in the NFL. He was at Michigan for nine years which is more than twice the average tenure. His deal is for five years. So, time will tell. What is the average coaching tenure for the Bears since Ditka left? It is about the league average at around four years. But since Lovie the average tenure is 2.75 years. Not good.

If he connects with his players, that is what is going to win games. As far as being an arrogant egomaniac goes, isn't that true for about 90% of the NFL coaches? Not saying it's great. But it sure as hell isn't uncommon.

Yes, winning does, for the most part, heal all wounds. Especially at the professional level. Look at the Sox. These guys all said they loved the manager. And they still lost 101 games. I don't care about Kumbaya 24/7.

This investigation with the NCAA is kind of a joke to me. Think about it. Outside of U.S. politics you have one of them most corrupt organizations , the NCAA, investigating Harbaugh. The NCAA and NFL are filthy with corruption. I don't condone what Harbaugh did or is alleged to have done. But let's put some perspective on it. I wouldn't be surprised to know there are a lot of others who have done the same thing. Just because you don't get caught doesn't mean it didn't occur.

That whole thing reminds me of a scene in the Movie "Casablanca."

Captain Renault closes up Rick's Cafe on Orders from Major Strasser (NAZI)

Rick: How can you close me up" On what grounds?

Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find out gambling is going on in here. [A croupier hands Renault a pile of money.]

Croupier: Your winnings sir.

Renault: Oh, thank you very much.

Reactions: Gene K.
Well let's see. His 4 years with SF was about what the average coaching tenure is in the NFL. He was at Michigan for nine years which is more than twice the average tenure. His deal is for five years. So, time will tell. What is the average coaching tenure for the Bears since Ditka left? It is about the league average at around four years. But since Lovie the average tenure is 2.75 years. Not good.

If he connects with his players, that is what is going to win games. As far as being an arrogant egomaniac goes, isn't that true for about 90% of the NFL coaches? Not saying it's great. But it sure as hell isn't uncommon.

Yes, winning does, for the most part, heal all wounds. Especially at the professional level. Look at the Sox. These guys all said they loved the manager. And they still lost 101 games. I don't care about Kumbaya 24/7.

This investigation with the NCAA is kind of a joke to me. Think about it. Outside of U.S. politics you have one of them most corrupt organizations , the NCAA, investigating Harbaugh. The NCAA and NFL are filthy with corruption. I don't condone what Harbaugh did or is alleged to have done. But let's put some perspective on it. I wouldn't be surprised to know there are a lot of others who have done the same thing. Just because you don't get caught doesn't mean it didn't occur.

That whole thing reminds me of a scene in the Movie "Casablanca."

Captain Renault closes up Rick's Cafe on Orders from Major Strasser (NAZI)

Rick: How can you close me up" On what grounds?

Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find out gambling is going on in here. [A croupier hands Renault a pile of money.]

Croupier: Your winnings sir.

Renault: Oh, thank you very much.
Hard to argue the coaches generally last 4-5 years except if you look at good programs they tend to stay longer. Check Pittsburgh, Patriots, KC, Rams, among others. It’s not that I don’t think he is a good coach it’s just something about him I don’t like. Funny my wife is usually a good judge of character and Harbaugh disgust's her. She says Eberflus is an idiot. There is difference. 😂

Hard to argue the coaches generally last 4-5 years except if you look at good programs they tend to stay longer. Check Pittsburgh, Patriots, KC, Rams, among others. It’s not that I don’t think he is a good coach it’s just something about him I don’t like. Funny my wife is usually a good judge of character and Harbaugh disgust's her. She says Eberflus is an idiot. There is difference. 😂
I don’t like him because he runs like a sissy from a Gatorade bath LOL.

Yet she married you? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT