ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan

I think I’m gonna lose $200
Impressive half for UM after pissing down their leg early

Reactions: rjjtwest
Neither of those games yesterday went the way I wanted them to. But I do like Harbaugh and at this point I hope they win it all.

I think the two top recievers for Washington will be too much for Michigan to handle.

Reactions: corey90
I think the two top recievers for Washington will be too much for Michigan to handle.
As long as Penix has time to pass, Washington will put up too many points for Michigan to keep up with. UM is going to have to try and dominate the clock with the run game.

I’m concerned if Michigan can score enough to keep up with Penix and co. Washington may have the best offense in college football.

I look for Michigan to run the ball vs Washington similar to the Penn State game. Penix can’t throw it if he doesn’t have it!

Reactions: jocas1259
I look for Michigan to run the ball vs Washington similar to the Penn State game. Penix can’t throw it if he doesn’t have it!
Comon lol, Penn State offense is a joke. Nobody had to do anything to keep the ball away from them. I’m not saying Michigan is for sure losing, but you can’t compare keeping the ball away from a trash offense vs keeping it away from the #1 offense in CFB.

Thanks-You made my point. You keep the #1 offense on the bench.
The Huskies rank 82nd vs the run.
Michigan may be able to bully Washington.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Thanks-You made my point. You keep the #1 offense on the bench.
The Huskies rank 82nd vs the run.
Michigan may be able to bully Washington.
Texas avg about 30 yds a game more than Michigan on the ground, and Washington didn’t get bullied by them.

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
Texas threw the ball 43 times. That’s not bully ball. Statistically Washington’s defense is worse than Michigan State’s
Get ready for a heavy dose of Blake Corum.

Michigan cannot afford to get behind by 2 or more scores. Washington has shown they can come from behind.

How is Michigan secondary. They better be able to keep up with those receivers. Penix has a great arm and can drop dimes 60 plus yards down the field. He has an offensive line that is #1 in college football. They are playing at a very high level. It appears the stars have aligned in Huskie country. It should be a good one. Their coach is the real deal.

Admittedly the wolverines have not seen a quarterback the quality of Penix.
Will Johnson is a 1st round pick next year.
We saw last night how the pass rush is!

Reactions: stl705
Texas threw the ball 43 times. That’s not bully ball. Statistically Washington’s defense is worse than Michigan State’s
Get ready for a heavy dose of Blake Corum.
Washington has the 120th rated pass defense and 40th rated run defense.

I assume Michigan will actually look to throw more than they have all season long.

Washington can win, but they will likely give up at least 30 points if not significantly more. I know their awful pass defense numbers are in part because of playing in the wacky offensive Pac 12 and in part because they always had a lead and teams were throwing. But their secondary is still pretty clearly their weakest point.

But Washington's offense is pretty good and Michigan will be incentivized to run clock and keep them off the field. Will be interesting to see if they really do air it out to exploit the Husky weakness or drain clock with the run to keep their biggest strength off field.

Michigan should win, but it could be fun.

Washington has the 120th rated pass defense and 40th rated run defense.

I assume Michigan will actually look to throw more than they have all season long.

Washington can win, but they will likely give up at least 30 points if not significantly more. I know their awful pass defense numbers are in part because of playing in the wacky offensive Pac 12 and in part because they always had a lead and teams were throwing. But their secondary is still pretty clearly their weakest point.

But Washington's offense is pretty good and Michigan will be incentivized to run clock and keep them off the field. Will be interesting to see if they really do air it out to exploit the Husky weakness or drain clock with the run to keep their biggest strength off field.

Michigan should win, but it could be fun.
You’re joking right? Washington’s offense is pretty good? It will be the best offense Michigan has seen. Yes Michigan will try and run the ball to slow the pace down just like Texas tried. Listen Michigan is a good team that plays the game like old school. Washington is a high octane offense that seems to be on a mission. If you don’t think Washington can play defense that’s okay

They beat OSU with Harrison and their arsenal of receivers. Michigan defense is legit, so much better then Texas, especially in the secondary

They beat OSU with Harrison and their arsenal of receivers. Michigan defense is legit, so much better then Texas, especially in the secondary

I'm not a Penix fan but I re!lly like his weapons.

I was watching Penix closely and was really picking apart flaws in his game but he still gets the job done in college football but the flaws will catch up to him in the NFL.

I think Washington wins by 10. And if Michigan does not straighten out special teams they could get blown out.

Michigan will have to play a great game to win this one.

You’re joking right? Washington’s offense is pretty good? It will be the best offense Michigan has seen. Yes Michigan will try and run the ball to slow the pace down just like Texas tried. Listen Michigan is a good team that plays the game like old school. Washington is a high octane offense that seems to be on a mission. If you don’t think Washington can play defense that’s okay
You open with "are you joking?" and then essentially say everything I said with slightly different wording.

I said Washington's offense is pretty good. That "pretty" was not literal. Yes, they are very good. They also haven't played many elite defenses this year, so the game will be fun to watch with them seeing a pretty good Michigan defense (with "pretty good" once again being understated for a really good unit.

And I never said Washington can't play defense. Their statistical numbers are terrible in the pass game and fairly average in the run game. That is just factual observation.

I assume the crux of your disagreement was me saying Washington's offense is "pretty" good. and you wanting me to say "very" good instead?

I think we will know the appropriate adjective after next week. Michigan has not given up more than 24 points to any opponent-against an admittedly poor schedule. If Washington blows by that number and can put up mid 30s or even 40 points, then we can probably blow past the "very" good descriptor and go right to "exceptional."

And if it gets to be a shootout, it will be interesting to see if Michigan's offense can keep up.

Reactions: EdgyTim
I'm not a Penix fan but I re!lly like his weapons.

I was watching Penix closely and was really picking apart flaws in his game but he still gets the job done in college football but the flaws will catch up to him in the NFL.

I think Washington wins by 10. And if Michigan does not straighten out special teams they could get blown out.

Michigan will have to play a great game to win this one.
I would love to get on your book if you’re giving me Michigan +10! Please let me bet the house, the boat, the 401k, my 457, and my deferred comp.

Reactions: Gene K.
Texas avg about 30 yds a game more than Michigan on the ground, and Washington didn’t get bullied by them.
My friend you’re comparing apples and tomatoes. They are both round but nothing like one another. The Big10 has defense the Big12 does not, likewise the Pac12 basketball on grass. I’ll take Michigan moneyline! 47 is Devine intervention.

My friend you’re comparing apples and tomatoes. They are both round but nothing like one another. The Big10 has defense the Big12 does not, likewise the Pac12 basketball on grass. I’ll take Michigan moneyline! 47 is Devine intervention.
And yet we are talking about a pass defense that has played Bo Nix twice, Cam Ward, Quinn Ewers and Caleb Williams to one who faced Drew Allar and Deacon Hill.

I think it’ll be a great game and am excited to watch with a top O vs a top D. I hope Michigan wins too.

You open with "are you joking?" and then essentially say everything I said with slightly different wording.

I said Washington's offense is pretty good. That "pretty" was not literal. Yes, they are very good. They also haven't played many elite defenses this year, so the game will be fun to watch with them seeing a pretty good Michigan defense (with "pretty good" once again being understated for a really good unit.

And I never said Washington can't play defense. Their statistical numbers are terrible in the pass game and fairly average in the run game. That is just factual observation.

I assume the crux of your disagreement was me saying Washington's offense is "pretty" good. and you wanting me to say "very" good instead?

I think we will know the appropriate adjective after next week. Michigan has not given up more than 24 points to any opponent-against an admittedly poor schedule. If Washington blows by that number and can put up mid 30s or even 40 points, then we can probably blow past the "very" good descriptor and go right to "exceptional."

And if it gets to be a shootout, it will be interesting to see if Michigan's offense can keep up.
Your correct the pretty good comment was the crux. It wasn’t the right wording to describe the best offense in college football. I agree it should be a great game. I betting the speed of the Washington offense combined with the best OL in college football will be to much for Michigan. I could be wrong. I think both teams have been on a mission.

My friend you’re comparing apples and tomatoes. They are both round but nothing like one another. The Big10 has defense the Big12 does not
Maybe, maybe not. Might not be apples and tomatoes, maybe it's the chicken and the egg. Are the Big 10 defenses the reason the Big 10 offenses are so low ranked (Ohio State is top Big 10 team in total offense and ranked 47th in the country), or are the defenses so highly ranked because the Big 10 offenses suck? Probably somewhere in the middle.

It's hard to read too much into bowl games. With portal and opt-outs, many teams are in completely different places, but Penn St and Iowa are #3 and #4 in points allowed this season. They gave up 38 and 35 against SEC teams. Wisconsin is top 20 in points allowed, and LSU scored 35.

Reactions: stl705
How did Notre Dame handle last years Heisman winner in his second year at usc with more weapons? If y’all want to hate on Michigan that’s fine I’m not a Michigan guy, but y’all gave them no shot against Alabama either.
Not sure why you are bringing that up? I was purely mentioning how many points LSU scored against Wisconsin with the "Best player in college football" sitting. It was impressive. For what it's worth, I had Alabama covering and not winning.

Not sure why you are bringing that up? I was purely mentioning how many points LSU scored against Wisconsin with the "Best player in college football" sitting. It was impressive. For what it's worth, I had Alabama covering and not winning.
The closing spread in the Alabama game was a point. Big10 west Big10 east completely different animals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT