ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan

Only 3 games matter during "bowl season".
The rest don't tell you anything about how good the team was during the actual season.

That's too bad. All these players should want to play in these games.

What if the IHSA players stopped playing in the state title games? I would stop watching it.

That's too bad. All these players should want to play in these games.

What if the IHSA players stopped playing in the state title games? I would stop watching it.
Beyond the guys opting out for the NFL (which is ultimately pretty small number although at times significant in impact), it seems like the transfer portal window is a much bigger factor. What's the reasoning for having the initial transfer window before the bowl games?

I guess as long as IHSA never has a transfer portal we won't see state playoff opt outs 😁

Reactions: Wassup13
Beyond the guys opting out for the NFL (which is ultimately pretty small number although at times significant in impact), it seems like the transfer portal window is a much bigger factor. What's the reasoning for having the initial transfer window before the bowl games?

I guess as long as IHSA never has a transfer portal we won't see state playoff opt outs 😁
It’s like free agency before season is over….weird.

Isn't Transferring to IMG or to another that has a better line when you are a running back the same as the transfer portal?

The closing spread in the Alabama game was a point. Big10 west Big10 east completely different animals.
Got them at +2.5. assumed it would come down right to the wire, and I was kind of right hah

Isn't Transferring to IMG or to another that has a better line when you are a running back the same as the transfer portal?
Couldn't the same be said for JJ transfering due to COVID season in Illinois?

Michigan is letting Washington hang around in this game and it's going to haunt them at the end of this game.

It's the 3rd Q

Penix throws a lot of screens and they get a lot of yards off this because of the talent around him

Reactions: forlouann
The worst called game so far for Sherrone Moore. And wondering if JJ is hurt again as they just refuse to run him like they did before Penn State game.

The worst called game so far for Sherrone Moore. And wondering if JJ is hurt again as they just refuse to run him like they did before Penn State game.
Why risk running him when they didn't need to?

Harbaugh really doesn’t like a Gatorade bath.
Don't blame him. You end up cold, wet, and sticky and after you win with the interviews and trophy presentation and press conference, it will be like 2 hours before he gets to shower.

We agree on a lot of things but I don’t want Harbaugh. Just me but I don’t like him.
What do you think about Mike Vrabel? He’s available.
I'd be ok with Vrabel. But I'd rather see the Bears make a pitch to Harbaugh. He has won everywhere he has been. Some might say he hasn't been anywhere for very long. But he has been at Michigan for nine seasons now. It makes me wonder how many NFL head coaches have been with their current team for at least nine years. And in doing some research there have been only three Bears head coaches who were with the team for at least nine years during my entire lifetime.

I say make a pitch for the guy. Pay him what he wants. Now is not the time to be cheap. Especially if people in the organization feel this team is pretty close to being a playoff team. With me it has never been a case of whether I "like" the guy. The question and determining factor is, can he win? Winning is all that counts in professional sports.

The Michigan defense is legit. Held the #1 offense to 1 touchdown.
Go Blue-National Champs!
Michigan defense is 100 percent legit.

But I think that performance by the UW offense made it clear they were top ranked because they play in a league that flat out doesn't prioritize defense.

There are a lot of fair criticisms of the Big Ten style of play. But all 14 programs seem to prioritize defense. The Pac 12 video game numbers are a byproduct of the culture of the conference that relies on offense and 80-110 point contests.

I think Washington loses more than a game or two if they played in the Big Ten or SEC. Next year they get to find out by playing a Big Ten schedule.

Reactions: stl705
Michigan defense is 100 percent legit.

But I think that performance by the UW offense made it clear they were top ranked because they play in a league that flat out doesn't prioritize defense.

There are a lot of fair criticisms of the Big Ten style of play. But all 14 programs seem to prioritize defense. The Pac 12 video game numbers are a byproduct of the culture of the conference that relies on offense and 80-110 point contests.

I think Washington loses more than a game or two if they played in the Big Ten or SEC. Next year they get to find out by playing a Big Ten schedule.
I think the lack of defense in the Pac 12 is somewhat of a misconception. It absolutely is more of a priority in the B1G, but the difference isn't as big as you think. B1G teams gave up an average of 23 point per conference game, Pac 12 teams gave up 29, and SEC teams gave up 28.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT