ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Has to Be #1 Seed, Right?

9 out of 10 years I'd agree B1G is stronger, but this isn't the year. The B1G West is horrifying and after Penn State, there isn't a team in the B1G East that makes me nervous. Agree to disagree here, it's just a really down year in the B1G overall.

Did you see the reaction of Michigan when they announced Alabama? They know they are about to get worked and the bubble is going to burst...
We will know in 5 weeks for sure…in the meantime I’m looking forward to taking in a few bowl games live during the holiday season. Enjoy this time of the year and everyone you love!

Yea but it’s Wrigley. The Bears played there. Just saying! 😊
Been to Wrigley for NU/UofI and it's a terrible venue for football. A bowl game at Wrigley would be a awful.

Also, you mention the crowd, but if you watch, most bowl games are played in barely half full stadiums, including the Pinstripes Bowl at Yankee Stadium.

The breakdown in negotiations for the Chicago Bowl occurred because Cubs officials wanted a premier spot in the Big Ten bowl lineup — the ability to land the league’s No. 3 or No. 4 team. When Big Ten officials queried schools, the response was that they’d prefer a warm-weather destination.

The Cubs had the finances arranged for a bowl game at Wrigley but declined to make a deal for a lower-slotted Big Ten team. The two sides amicably parted ways and said they might revisit down the road.

The breakdown in negotiations for the Chicago Bowl occurred because Cubs officials wanted a premier spot in the Big Ten bowl lineup — the ability to land the league’s No. 3 or No. 4 team. When Big Ten officials queried schools, the response was that they’d prefer a warm-weather destination.

The Cubs had the finances arranged for a bowl game at Wrigley but declined to make a deal for a lower-slotted Big Ten team. The two sides amicably parted ways and said they might revisit down the road.
Now this I believe.

I can believe teams wanting a warmer destination. For many fans to make the trip, they want a warm getaway during December, not Chicago. I was hoping to make a long weekend out of iowa state’s bowl game. Tampa, orlando, phoenix were all potential spots. They ended up in memphis…. Nope…..

Reactions: 4Afan
9 out of 10 years I'd agree B1G is stronger, but this isn't the year. The B1G West is horrifying and after Penn State, there isn't a team in the B1G East that makes me nervous. Agree to disagree here, it's just a really down year in the B1G overall.

Did you see the reaction of Michigan when they announced Alabama? They know they are about to get worked and the bubble is going to burst...

Michigan has been winning with the running game and defense all year.

They were never working on improving the passing game. They will pay for this in the Alabama game because they will need the passing game.

They were never working on improving the passing game. They will pay for this in the Alabama game because they will need the passing game.
Hasn't JJ been hurt? Will a month of rest allow him to heal up and rely more on the pass game for playoffs?

Reactions: crusader_of_90

Actually, Alabama only ranks #31 against the run this year so with Michigan's OL and RB's they may have success with what they've been doing.

Michigan has the #2 pass defense and Milroe isn't exactly the best QB to come through Alabama.

Reactions: jwarigaku
Actually, Alabama only ranks #31 against the run this year so with Michigan's OL and RB's they may have success with what they've been doing.

Michigan has the #2 pass defense and Milroe isn't exactly the best QB to come through Alabama.
This without a doubt will be Michigans toughest game. I am picking the Tide but it should be a good game.

Michigan was favored over OSU by 3 and currently favored over Bama by 2 so OSU over Bama isn't exactly a stetch.
So to be fair I had Michigan beating OSU. I stand by Bama will win and it will be a close game but this will be the best team Michigan played this year. IMO. Bama is on a roll and Michigan is going to need there best game of the season to win. 😊

So to be fair I had Michigan beating OSU. I stand by Bama will win and it will be a close game but this will be the best team Michigan played this year. IMO. Bama is on a roll and Michigan is going to need there best game of the season to win. 😊
You have a short memory, it was only about 10 days ago that Bama needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team, so I wouldn't exactly say they're on a roll.

It's the playoffs, they're all going to play their best game to win.

Been to Wrigley for NU/UofI and it's a terrible venue for football. A bowl game at Wrigley would be a awful.

Also, you mention the crowd, but if you watch, most bowl games are played in barely half full stadiums, including the Pinstripes Bowl at Yankee Stadium.
Me too and you are right, it’s not a good venue for football.

You have a short memory, it was only about 10 days ago that Bama needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team, so I wouldn't exactly say they're on a roll.

It's the playoffs, they're all going to play their best game to win.
No short memory, I am fully aware of that game. All I can say a win is a win. Alabama is the only team to beat Georgia who had an 29 game winning streak and that say a lot. They are a hot team and will see how Michigan plays against them. It should be fun.

Okay
Put the bottle down.
OSU is a good team and this version of Bama is not the typical juggernaut. OSU had Georgia on the ropes until that hit took Harrison out. A different set of eyes may have called that an interception in the Michigan game instead of a touchdown. This Bama team is one of the weakest that Saban has gotten to the playoffs. Credit to them for winning those games. I think they can beat Michigan as they are probably the best matchup they could have gotten with the style of offense the Wolverines play compared to Washington and Texas.

Reactions: 4Afan
OSU is a good team and this version of Bama is not the typical juggernaut. OSU had Georgia on the ropes until that hit took Harrison out. A different set of eyes may have called that an interception in the Michigan game instead of a touchdown. This Bama team is one of the weakest that Saban has gotten to the playoffs. Credit to them for winning those games. I think they can beat Michigan as they are probably the best matchup they could have gotten with the style of offense the Wolverines play compared to Washington and Texas.
I don’t disagree agree, that said Alabama has been a hot team and playing better each week. OSU QB isn’t that good and there team isn’t one of there best. Michigan has been riding high in a weaker Big10 in my opinion. This should make for a good game. I don’t think the game will be blowout but I do see Bama winning. Just my opinion.

I don’t disagree agree, that said Alabama has been a hot team and playing better each week. OSU QB isn’t that good and there team isn’t one of there best. Michigan has been riding high in a weaker Big10 in my opinion. This should make for a good game. I don’t think the game will be blowout but I do see Bama winning. Just my opinion.
Michigan about to find out why Alabama is ranked 44th in education.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT