Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
GUESSING ... in this order.
Michigan
Washington
Florida State
Alabama

But the committee can now PROJECT who they think is best, not just who has the best resume - injuries are now considered, which makes FSU vulnerable.

FSU will get hosed because of the QB situation I’m guessing and it will be the first time a undefeated Power 5 Conf Champ is not given a spot. I’m glad they are extending it soon.

Reactions: MCTD10
Not sure how you put Alabama in over Texas. And eye test tells me Georgia should be there. However, there's 3 teams right there with Washington clearly having to be in and Michigan. There's a top 5 of the best teams, but you need to split hairs somewhere. IMO, Florida State can't be put in for their lack of offense even though with a healthy starting QB it would be different

Not sure how you put Alabama in over Texas. And eye test tells me Georgia should be there. However, there's 3 teams right there with Washington clearly having to be in and Michigan. There's a top 5 of the best teams, but you need to split hairs somewhere. IMO, Florida State can't be put in for their lack of offense even though with a healthy starting QB it would be different

I think we are going to see the beginning of having 8 teams soon.

GUESSING ... in this order.
Michigan
Washington
Florida State
Alabama

But the committee can now PROJECT who they think is best, not just who has the best resume - injuries are now considered, which makes FSU vulnerable.
I think it should be
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama

I think they might go
Michigan
Washington
Florida
Texas

I keep saying to myself
Would Florida beat Michigan, Washington,Texas or Bama?
I don’t think they would. This is why
I think they shouldn’t be in the top 4. I also don’t think they would beat Georgia. I can’t pick Georgia because they lost to Alabama.

This is another reason they need to go with a 6 or 8 team playoff.

Washington has a better resume than Michigan as the PAC-12 was a stronger conference than the Big 10 this year but doubt the committee puts the Huskies at the top. The shame of Georgia’s loss is that it denied the traditional Rose Bowl matchup of Michigan and Washington

Washington has a better resume than Michigan as the PAC-12 was a stronger conference than the Big 10 this year but doubt the committee puts the Huskies at the top. The shame of Georgia’s loss is that it denied the traditional Rose Bowl matchup of Michigan and Washington
Bruce,

Please expand on how the Pac12 was stronger than the Big10 this year, I’m truly intrigued. Comparing to the Big West sure the top 2 teams in the Pac beat the top row from the Big West but overall…?

Bruce,

Please expand on how the Pac12 was stronger than the Big10 this year, I’m truly intrigued. Comparing to the Big West sure the top 2 teams in the Pac beat the top row from the Big West but overall…?
The entire Big Ten West is garbage outside Iowa’s defense and special teams. Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana and MSU are all trash too. Michigan played one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country. They beat a very good Ohio State team and a Penn State team with a quarterback that was very poor on the day. Pretty much the same as the last two years and both times Michigan has been bounced in the semifinals of the playoffs. Not sure the current Big Ten is helping the top teams for the postseason. Penn State played West Virginia but the other two non conference games were jokes. Credit to OSU for beating the Irish on the road but that was the conferences only quality nonconference win.

The PAC 12 was much deeper than the Big Ten. Several quarterbacks better than what anyone in the Big Ten showed this year. I think the top of the PAC 12 can matchup with the Big Ten top teams and the middle/bottom is vastly superior. I guess we will see on the field next fall.

This article backs up the PAC 12 strength based on the nonconference season:
https://247sports.com/longformartic...k-up-after-non-conference-play-216418370/amp/

Speaking of Bowls/College Football whatever happened with the Bowl Game they were gonna start at Wrigley Field?

Reactions: StormFire
This is your supporting document from this
images

Guy? Come on man your better than that. This guy picks upsets all the time and he’s horrible about his picks over the years.

Oregon almost lost to Texas Tech
U of A lost to Mississippi State
Utah almost lost to Baylor
USC got motorboated by Notre Dame
And Washington state beat wait for it…Michigan State in scandal with a head Coach in trouble!

Washington and Oregon are both very good the rest of the Pac12 is middle of the road or worse. I have Pac12 network and watch the games since one of my boys played for Norvell and Graham at Arizona State University, every week until the weee hours of the morning.

The Big10 has 3-4 very good good teams and then it drops off. The SEC has 3 very good with a rapid decay, the ACC 1 this season the Big12 arguably 1-2, and nothing big from the rest. If you said we have a season of parity across the conferences sure, but that the Pac12 is the conference to beat I’m just not buying. As you said we will see soon enough when the games are played. I’m more looking forward to 2024 with the 12 team playoff format.

Reactions: Gene K.
Bruce,

Top to bottom Pac12 was better, at the top I’d say even, with Ohio State and Oregon. B1G kind of falls off the cliff after Penn State, and Penn State not that great anyway.

Reactions: brucealmighy
You’re kidding right. Not a big enough venue. You need more seating. Love Wrigley, being a Cub fan but come on if you’re a college football fan you know it isn’t big enough for a big bowl game.
I know you guys hate me but no I'm not joking. I know there was a hang up about what conferences would be playing in the bowl game

I know you guys hate me but no I'm not joking. I know there was a hang up about what conferences would be playing in the bowl game
Crazylegs777 Love your monitcur, 😊 its just not big enough. Maybe for NAIA Championship, Division 3 but not D1. It would be great don’t get me wrong, but it just doesn’t have enough seating.

Does anyone think Florida is going to beat Georgia? I mean in my mind Georgia is going to beat the crap out of The Noel’s! Just my personal opinion and absolutely not rooting for either. Lol
I am actually interested to see if Michigan can hang with Bama? Definitely a tall order! Roll Tide!

Crazylegs777 Love your monitcur, 😊 its just not big enough. Maybe for NAIA Championship, Division 3 but not D1. It would be great don’t get me wrong, but it just doesn’t have enough seating.
I'm passionate about HS Football. I don't have a filter so that gets me in trouble. I'd rather hurt you with the truth then devastate you with a lie. And even though i might get on your nerves(not just you) or make people mad on here I'd take a knife or bullet for you guys

Top to bottom Pac12 was better, at the top I’d say even, with Ohio State and Oregon. B1G kind of falls off the cliff after Penn State, and Penn State not that great anyway.
MCHS,

ESPN FPI would disagree Big10 top 3 better than Pac12 and considerably. The Pac12 has the edge in the middling group, and the Big 10 is better at the bottom. We will truly see how it plays out over the coming years!

Michigan 1. Oregon 4
Ohio State 2 Washington 13
Penn State 3 Oregon state 18
Maryland 33 USC 21
Iowa 41 U of A 22
Wisconsin 43 Utah 25
Rutgers 54 UCLA 35
Nebraska 60 Cal 48
Illinois 61 Wash State 50
NW 64 Colorado 75
Minn 67 ASU 95
Purdue 69 Stanford 105
Indiana 78
Michigan State 81

ESPN reference document

Last edited:
Corey for a middling bowl I think it works from a seating standpoint, from a field standpoint and having to kick in only one end zone and having both teams on a single sideline, I agree that hosting a bowl would be a challenge at best.

Reactions: corey90
Corey for a middling bowl I think it works from a seating standpoint, from a field standpoint and having to kick in only one end zone and having both teams on a single sideline, I agree that hosting a bowl would be a challenge at best.
I think the issue was they want a higher big ten team instead of a 6-6 team

Not a bad venue! Just not good for the amount of fans for a big time game. It’s all about how many fans. Wrigley is tops as far as fan experience but not big enough for for the amount of fans wanting to watch live! Fans would love the venue because how close you are to the field.

I'm a total ncaaf casual, but the optics seem clear between 1 of 2 scenarios

Going into CC week the committee was pretty set on GA, MI, WA, FSU. However Bama beats GA which throws that. If they simply sub in Bama for GA, there's controversy because Texas has the H2H against Bama and doesn't get in. So they snub FSU instead as they deem it more defensible and leaving better matchups for the 4 teams.

Option 2 is FSU never had a really serious chance, but they kept them at #4 to keep the optics of the ACC championship more meaningful, hoping FSU would solve the issue themselves with QB3 and save them.

Either way the optics look awful and NCAA/CFP lose tons of credibility. If it's mostly about the injury they basically hid that. Plus are taking a stance on injuries that no team sport anywhere would take. And/or removes any doubt that is purely about eyeballs, ratings and especially going forward will be about 2 mega conferences.

Whether it's with our without the SEC and BigTen, the only thing that makes college football salvageable in the long run is a relegation and promotion system imo. The 12 team playoff isn't going to take away existing issues, just shift them a bit.

Last edited:
I would not even want the ihsa state title games at Wrigley.
Hahahaha
The seats would be full just because Wrigley. Now if it was at the Cell, or whatever you call that field, well it is a disaster! IMO
That said they might draw more fans than the White Sox! LMAO

Hahahaha
The seats would be full just because Wrigley. Now if it was at the Cell, or whatever you call that field, well it is a disaster! IMO
That said they might draw more fans than the White Sox! LMAO

Never been a fan of watching football in a non-football venue.

Option 2 is FSU never had a really serious chance, but they kept them at #4 to keep the optics of the ACC championship more meaningful, hoping FSU would solve the issue themselves with QB3 and save them.
This is most likely correct. I think if this was next year with the 12 team playoff, they might have slotted them as low as 8 below Georgia, OSU and Oregon.

Both FSU and Georgia will be plenty motivated but also missing lots of players that opt out to prepare for the draft.
Thats the thing, between the portal and the players getting ready for potential draft/pro career, bowl games lose a lot of players. I’m sure the teams out there are trying, but a lot of the talent we’ve watched all season isn’t there.

Are we going to see a boom in the next couple years of local players heading west for college, specifically the Pac12-turned-Big10 teams? Better weather, escape the Midwest for schooling while playing a good majority of your road games a reasonable driving distance from your Chicagoland family and friends.

Are we going to see a boom in the next couple years of local players heading west for college, specifically the Pac12-turned-Big10 teams? Better weather, escape the Midwest for schooling while playing a good majority of your road games a reasonable driving distance from your Chicagoland family and friends.
I think taxes on NIL deals will balance it out

Championship week is over, and bowl games coming up. We've officially entered "with that being said" season....

MCHS,

ESPN FPI would disagree Big10 top 3 better than Pac12 and considerably. The Pac12 has the edge in the middling group, and the Big 10 is better at the bottom. We will truly see how it plays out over the coming years!

Michigan 1. Oregon 4
Ohio State 2 Washington 13
Penn State 3 Oregon state 18
Maryland 33 USC 21
Iowa 41 U of A 22
Wisconsin 43 Utah 25
Rutgers 54 UCLA 35
Nebraska 60 Cal 48
Illinois 61 Wash State 50
NW 64 Colorado 75
Minn 67 ASU 95
Purdue 69 Stanford 105
Indiana 78
Michigan State 81

ESPN reference document
9 out of 10 years I'd agree B1G is stronger, but this isn't the year. The B1G West is horrifying and after Penn State, there isn't a team in the B1G East that makes me nervous. Agree to disagree here, it's just a really down year in the B1G overall.

Did you see the reaction of Michigan when they announced Alabama? They know they are about to get worked and the bubble is going to burst...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT