ADVERTISEMENT

JCA at Provi Eary Thoughts?

Yeah that was a SCAM, had to cancel my credit card. PLEASE delete it from your posts where you quoted me.
Don't feel too bad They're slick. Got me about mid season. After a career in IT and security I thought I was scam proof.

Last edited:
Are you sure that it's NFHS' fault? I thought that it was the school that contracted with them to carry it
You may be correct, but people still associate that with NFHS. Not good for its brand name, since it still gets the blame and hits to its reputation as a "reliable" streaming service. Is NFHS more interested in the $$$$ than providing quality service through its "contracted" schools?

Reactions: The Disciple
You may be correct, but people still associate that with NFHS. Not good for its brand name, since it still gets the blame and hits to its reputation as a "reliable" streaming service. Is NFHS more interested in the $$$$ than providing quality service through its "contracted" schools?
I've long quit expecting quality from NFHS. When it happens pleasantly surprised. But youtube isn't necessarily better. I watched the R-B / Urban Prep game tonight. The camera was so far from the field that I couldn't even make out the formation, let alone the.ball or who had it. R-B is up on the Wisc. line but I think they were filming from somewhere like Belvidere orAurora.

I've long quit expecting quality from NFHS. When it happens pleasantly surprised. But youtube isn't necessarily better. I watched the R-B / Urban Prep game tonight. The camera was so far from the field that I couldn't even make out the formation, let alone the.ball or who had it. R-B is up on the Wisc. line but I think they were filming from somewhere like Belvidere orAurora.
That just means the Home team did not have modern facilities or a decent press box for camera setup. JCA played at (I think) Marmion and they were given a camera location about 250 feet away on the 3rd floor of the school building.

Almost every team playing today will wish they played yesterday instead, except Provi, they are getting the exact weather they were hoping for scheduling for today. PC does have a long history of stunts like this, sometimes even using man-made weather and rain to create a muddy field , when they still had grass.

Almost every team playing today will wish they played yesterday instead, except Provi, they are getting the exact weather they were hoping for scheduling for today. PC does have a long history of stunts like this, sometimes even using man-made weather and rain to create a muddy field , when they still had grass.
Yea, good luck passing in this crap weather, jca ran the ball pretty good against them the first game so hopefully they’ll succeed again and jca’s defense has to show up!

Last edited:
Almost every team playing today will wish they played yesterday instead, except Provi, they are getting the exact weather they were hoping for scheduling for today.
I'm surprised the game is not being streamed. I planned to just watch it online. Looks like I'll be going instead. Was at the first one. The visitor stands are terrible. I'm hoping the weather keeps people away, and I can get a decent vantage point somewhere.

I'm surprised the game is not being streamed. I planned to just watch it online. Looks like I'll be going instead. Was at the first one. The visitor stands are terrible. I'm hoping the weather keeps people away, and I can get a decent vantage point somewhere.
The providence football (twitter page)has a tweeted youtube link on there, check it out!

The providence football (twitter page)has a tweeted youtube link on there, check it out!
So is that link free and for todays game? I wouldn't care if there was a fee, but for the most part the pay per view sites to date absolutely S%&K. Do you have a link? I don't have a Twitter acct. Thanks

So is that link free and for todays game? I wouldn't care if there was a fee, but for the most part the pay per view sites to date absolutely S%&K
Y
So is that link free and for todays game? I wouldn't care if there was a fee, but for the most part the pay per view sites to date absolutely S%&K. Do you have a link? I don't have a Twitter acct. Thanks
Yes

11:00 now we have Severe Thunder Storm Warnings for the area until Noon, no Warning for Will County YET, but all counties west of Will. That could be an interesting twist.

Those pay links should be avoided. Some are out and put scams. Others are bait-and-switch rip-offs. I know several people who gave been caught, myself included. I was looking for a game on YouTube. It looked like a legit streaming service offering g a week free trial for one dollar. I woke the next morning welcoming me to a EUROPEAN gym and personal training program. I spent the next three hours on the phone with my credit card company blocking them and canceling and reissuing my card and with my bank blocking any payments.

That just means the Home team did not have modern facilities or a decent press box for camera setup. JCA played at (I think) Marmion and they were given a camera location about 250 feet away on the 3rd floor of the school building.
I thought SHG's feed was bad with a fixed focus camera atop a two story press box atop the home bleachers. But they provide a time/down/score box at the bottom of the screen and play-by-play cribbed from the radio broadcast. I guess it's ",be careful what you wish for, it could be worse ".

Rochester self-streams via their own website. Good camera work, great picture, tight focus and a screen Inset of the scoreboard.

Those pay links should be avoided. Some are out and put scams. Others are bait-and-switch rip-offs. I know several people who gave been caught, myself included. I was looking for a game on YouTube. It looked like a legit streaming service offering g a week free trial for one dollar. I woke the next morning welcoming me to a EUROPEAN gym and personal training program. I spent the next three hours on the phone with my credit card company blocking them and canceling and reissuing my card and with my bank blocking any payments.
That sound exactly and I mean exactly like my experience yesterday. : (

I think he is referring to the 1999 quarterfinal game vs Morris. Beautiful Saturday afternoon. Biggest Memorial Stadium crowd that I have seen in my 40 years of JC football. Hilltoppers prevailed 16-14 when Morris missed a last second field goal.
I was on the Morris side for that game- cosign the largest crowd even seen @ Memorial Stadium. Weather was perfect. Game was a blast to be a part of- JR Zwierzynski was an absolute unit. Would take a made field goal to end it though.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT