ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA District proposal released

Iluvftbl1

May 19, 2013
It was released yesterday through the IHSA school center. You need to have a school login to view it. Somewhat different that Soucie’s projections! The site won’t let you copy and paste it, so if I get time I will type it up.

Reactions: woody6
Here is 8A, I don't have time to format it better...

NORTH DISTRICT A (9) NORTH DISTRICT B (9)
Algonquin (Jacobs) Carpentersville (Dundee-Crown)
Barrington Evanston (Twp.)
Gurnee (Warren) Glenview (Glenbrook South)
Huntley Hoffman Estates (Conant)
Lincolnshire (Stevenson) Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
McHenry Palatine (Fremd)
Round Lake Palatine (H.S.)
Waukegan (H.S.) Wilmette (Loyola Academy)
Zion (Z.-Benton) Winnetka (New Trier)

NORTH DISTRICT C (9) NORTH DISTRICT D (9)
Bartlett Berwyn-Cicero (Morton)
Carol Stream (Glenbard North) Chicago (Lane)
Elgin (H.S.) Chicago (Taft)
Elmhurst (York) Franklin Park-Northlake (Leyden)
Glen Ellyn (Glenbard West) Hillside (Proviso West)
Lombard (Glenbard East) LaGrange (Lyons)
Roselle (Lake Park) Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)
South Elgin Park Ridge (Maine South)
St. Charles (East) Skokie (Niles West)

SOUTH DISTRICT A (8) SOUTH DISTRICT B (9)
Aurora (East) Bolingbrook
Aurora (Metea Valley) Downers Grove (North)
Aurora (Waubonsie Valley) Downers Grove (South)
Aurora (West Aurora) Hinsdale (Central)
Lisle (Benet Academy) Oswego (East)
Naperville (Central) Oswego (H.S.)
Naperville (Neuqua Valley ) Plainfield (East)
Naperville (North) Plainfield (North)
Plainfield (South)

SOUTH DISTRICT C (9) SOUTH DISTRICT D (8)
Chicago (Brother Rice) Belleville (East)
Chicago (Curie) Edwardsville (H.S.)
Chicago (Marist) Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East)
Chicago (Simeon) Joliet (Central)
Chicago Hei(Bloom Twp.) Joliet (West)
Flossmoor (Homewood-F.) Lockport (Twp.)
Orland Park (Sandburg) Minooka
Palos Hills (Stagg) O'Fallon (H.S.)
Tinley Park (Andrew)

Looking forward to the Loyola v Dundee-Crown.

Much more than LA v Brother Rice

Reactions: Bowie50
I think this is the detonation button that will cause the CCL & ESCC with the proposed merger to cut strings from the IHSA in football.

Other than Warren, Stevie and maybe Barrington, can any other teams really play with LA in the North?

It was released yesterday through the IHSA school center. You need to have a school login to view it. Somewhat different that Soucie’s projections! The site won’t let you copy and paste it, so if I get time I will type it up.

T . . ttttt . . . . ttttt . . . .tttttttt ……………………………………….."ToDAY, Junior!" Just kidding, lluvflbi1. Hopefully, U can find the time.

Reactions: Bowie50
It’s already being talked about.

They can talk but they won’t do it. Answer this simple question how does leaving the IHSA help all of the smaller boys sports, girls sports and sponsored activities? It doesn’t help and in most cases it hurts them so good luck telling 70% of the parents in the school that the only thing that matters is football so shut up and send me your tuition and donations because we could careless what’s best for your kid.

Reactions: mc140
Clown,

I’m curious, what made you so bitter toward the Catholic/private schools?

They can talk but they won’t do it. Answer this simple question how does leaving the IHSA help all of the smaller boys sports, girls sports and sponsored activities? It doesn’t help and in most cases it hurts them so good luck telling 70% of the parents in the school that the only thing that matters is football so shut up and send me your tuition and donations because we could careless what’s best for your kid.

Clown,

I’m curious, what made you so bitter toward the Catholic/private schools?

I’m not the least bit bitter my kids go to private school, my nephews go to private school and my sister in law spent many years coaching in a private school. It doesn’t change the fact that people on this board who constantly preach about the whole private school mission act like none of the kids in the school outside of the football players matter.

So please someone explain to me how leaving IHSA benefits the bulk of the tuition paying students in the school?

Half of the Catholic high schools would close or go back to the IHSA within a few years of leaving, A lot of them do not have the alumni base to pay for players that would be needed to compete against others. There would be no smaller classes to beat up on in various sports which would in turn lead to less kids showing up to take the test.

1. A school drops football. But they still are able to compete in all the other sports.

2. Some schools have a club Lacrosse team a chooses not to compete in the IHSA playoffs.

3. Many CPS football conferences are not IHSA qualified for playoff consideration but are for all their other sports.

4. If the CCL/ESCC opts out of IHSA football why to they have to opt out of all the other sports?

Food for thought: Would you want to be LWE or MS and win 8A and not be in consideration by the Sun-Times or Tribune for the top rating. If not in IHSA football why would the privates be limited to the number of days in pads and other IHSA restrictions?

Reactions: Alexander32
1. A school drops football. But they still are able to compete in all the other sports.

2. Some schools have a club Lacrosse team a chooses not to compete in the IHSA playoffs.

3. Many CPS football conferences are not IHSA qualified for playoff consideration but are for all their other sports.

4. If the CCL/ESCC opts out of IHSA football why to they have to opt out of all the other sports?

Food for thought: Would you want to be LWE or MS and win 8A and not be in consideration by the Sun-Times or Tribune for the top rating. If not in IHSA football why would the privates be limited to the number of days in pads and other IHSA restrictions?

1. No one has an 11 man football team that does not participate in other IHSA sports.

2. This is the first year of IHSA state series Lacrosse. If everyone is not in yet, they will be soon.

3. The CPS teams not in the IHSA playoffs are IHSA members held out by CPS, not the IHSA. Plus that is a safety issue for those kids.

4. Zero percent chance IHSA would let those schools drop for jusr football. Besides the above board buying of kids would make most of them ineligible for other sports anyways.

Looking at the Districts for 7A the IHSA has broken the state it up into four Districts North and four Districts South. St. Rita is in South District C and Mt. Carmel is in South District D.

I’d love to see a week one SR/MC game. But I also see them meeting in the playoffs most every year if the goes thru. I think this gets overturned. If the CCL/ESCC is the future then a SR/MC game would be a great way to start the season and revive the pre-season prep bowl. If Districts are forced upon us then I also like MC\BR & SR\Marist week one and then SR/BR & MC/Marist week two for a sort of South Side Catholic Round Robin.

Looking at MC’s District they could play the JV team for all but the Fenwick game and go 6-0 in those other games.

Looking at Moline’s schedule they’d be better off joining the Iowa High School Association.

Last edited:
again time to go ........and leave the IHSA ...........for many of these schools ...if this is actually going to happen.....let those who want to stay.........and those who want to go. It's America - we get that choice !

What I wouldn't give to be there the night some program goes all-out for a Friday night home game under the lights only to have the visiting team no-show.

What I wouldn't give to be there the night some program goes all-out for a Friday night home game under the lights only to have the visiting team no-show.
Many of these contests requiring travel may shift to Saturdays to avoid rides home in the wee hours and/or early dismissals from Friday classes. Even longer commutes to or from Chicagoland in brutal Friday late afternoon traffic could force games on the next day.

again time to go ........and leave the IHSA ...........for many of these schools ...if this is actually going to happen.....let those who want to stay.........and those who want to go. It's America - we get that choice !
Then at end of season host a prep bowl.

Many of these contests requiring travel may shift to Saturdays to avoid rides home in the wee hours and/or early dismissals from Friday classes. Even longer commutes to or from Chicagoland in brutal Friday late afternoon traffic could force games on the next day.

The host school staff, the band, the cheerleaders, the lower-level games?
Just so that the 3A program won't have to play the 4A program just down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT