ADVERTISEMENT

IC open week 2?

doctor_d

Oct 9, 2016
Looking at IC schedule on ihsa.org, they are open on week 2.
Although they should have an outstanding 4A level team, at the moment it seems like they have a very tough path to 5 wins. Schedule includes Loyola, Marist, Nazareth, St. Francis, Fenwick and Benet.

Although they should have an outstanding 4A level team, at the moment it seems like they have a very tough path to 5 wins. Schedule includes Loyola, Marist, Nazareth, St. Francis, Fenwick and Benet.
Wow is that tough!

Reactions: eagles2k3
Ridiculous schedule. Need two wins out of those games to make it.

I offer IC to play Hinsdale Central. They could spark up a nice localish rivalry.

I just think it’s crazy that IC might have their best team in school history and not make the playoffs.
If they get something scheduled week 2 I think they will make it, but if not …

I just think it’s crazy that IC might have their best team in school history and not make the playoffs.
If they get something scheduled week 2 I think they will make it, but if n

Guessing theyll find a cps school to fill that.

Reactions: doctor_d
All.... The Knights face a couple other obstacles besides getting the five wins which gets them into the postseason. Playing that brutal schedule against very physical teams IC will need to stay relatively healthy if they want to come out of the north bracket and play the Rockets at ISU. And just as important unlike last season if able cut back on all of those two way players. Ratsy

Reactions: cigaros
Oh my goodness. That will be ugly quickly
Shout out to Orr for having the guts to play!!!!! One year Blue Island Eisenhower was open as Chicago Near North closed.Well the AD got Fenger to play them.Fenger had an opening because a CPS dropped football.Eisenhower provided busses for Fenger to & from & any Fenger fans who wanted to come got bussed to the game & free admission.Eisenhower after the game fed Fenger players,coaches & fans.It was nice

Shout out to Orr for having the guts to play!!!!! One year Blue Island Eisenhower was open as Chicago Near North closed.Well the AD got Fenger to play them.Fenger had an opening because a CPS dropped football.Eisenhower provided busses for Fenger to & from & any Fenger fans who wanted to come got bussed to the game & free admission.Eisenhower after the game fed Fenger players,coaches & fans.It was nice
That story is inspiring but in a weird way it reminds me of the fund sharing arrangements between churches in the Archdiocese, due to bureacratic inertia (?) a church in a changing suburb may still have a sharing arrangement with a parish in a Pilsen, Humboldt or near South Side that might be
In a better financial position then it was 35-30 years ago. For example, my adopted parish, Little Flower in Waukegan still transfers funds to a Pilsen parish. Not exactly comparable, but it was good of Eisenhower to facilitate this above and beyond.

Reactions: FBFever7
That story is inspiring but in a weird way it reminds me of the fund sharing arrangements between churches in the Archdiocese, due to bureacratic inertia (?) a church in a changing suburb may still have a sharing arrangement with a parish in a Pilsen, Humboldt or near South Side that might be
In a better financial position then it was 35-30 years ago. For example, my adopted parish, Little Flower in Waukegan still transfers funds to a Pilsen parish. Not exactly comparable, but it was good of Eisenhower to facilitate this above and beyond.
If i'm not mistaken the win vs Fenger plus the added playoff points helped Ike slide into
the playoffs

For sure. And it will go a long way towards getting to see the IC/Rochester matchup that many small school fans (at least me) have wanted for years.
I do too man! Have for quite some time as well. That said, is this the year Rochester wants to see IC? Credit Rochester, they'll play anyone anytime as they've proven with their trip to Loyola recently. I just don't know if Rochester faithful would say THIS is the year we WANT to see IC... Could be wrong but I feel like early one they're going to be hanging their hats on the defense.

All.... Rockets by 17 plus if the Knights have a first half in the final (should they make postseason play) like they did against Williamsville in 2022. Oh my..... 🥈 Ratsy

I do too man! Have for quite some time as well. That said, is this the year Rochester wants to see IC? Credit Rochester, they'll play anyone anytime as they've proven with their trip to Loyola recently. I just don't know if Rochester faithful would say THIS is the year we WANT to see IC... Could be wrong but I feel like early one they're going to be hanging their hats on the defense.
People assured us that with a week to prep the Loyola game would have been competitive. They should be able to beat IC

According to 8to18, ICCP has found a week 2 opponent (Orr Academy)
Did they play their JV in this game? 34-0 against Orr sounds like they either were trying some new things or they are beat up and resting some players.

Did they play their JV in this game? 34-0 against Orr sounds like they either were trying some new things or they are beat up and resting some players.
No data, but I assume they got their backups plenty of reps if they only put up 34. My guess is that IC did Orr a solid for helping them fill their schedule last minute. Would be poor form to serve them a 70 burger.

I’ll dare say they don’t get 5 wins if week 2 doesn’t get filled
Not one of my best predictions 🤡
They did fill week 2, so my pick became a moot point.

Holy cow, IC has been great. I remember catching some heat here years back for saying IC could possibly win 5A and beyond when they had another loaded squad and almost running clocked their way through the entire 3A bracket. At this point I think they could beat all but the very top, and would likely keep it competitive with just about everyone. They will get a chance to show it in a couple weeks v Loyola after a tough one vs WSF.

Reactions: RockSoup
Not one of my best predictions 🤡
They did fill week 2, so my pick became a moot point.

Holy cow, IC has been great. I remember catching some heat here years back for saying IC could possibly win 5A and beyond when they had another loaded squad and almost running clocked their way through the entire 3A bracket. At this point I think they could beat all but the very top, and would likely keep it competitive with just about everyone. They will get a chance to show it in a couple weeks v Loyola after a tough one vs WSF.
The SF game is interesting. They both know each other well. A very sloppy game by both last year that IC won but it really could have gone either way. I believe that was the first IC won over SF for a few seasons. I wouldn’t be shocked if SF won or if IC won by 2+ TDS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT