ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Starting

If there are no changes made by the powers that be, all hoops will be doing is practicing. No games until new guidelines are released.

Reactions: brucealmighy
I think it will be key to watch what the other states that didn't have fall football do in terms of playing basketball games. That is what will put more pressure on the state to alter regulations than anything

As Edgy is fond of saying...you heard it here first! Basketball is king in Illinois. Sadly Football is not. But its the volleyball parents that have been a political sleeping giant that I guarantee the State underestimated.

As Edgy is fond of saying...you heard it here first! Basketball is king in Illinois. Sadly Football is not. But its the volleyball parents that have been a political sleeping giant that I guarantee the State underestimated.
But don't the volleyball folks have the club structure to fall back on?

Speaking of hoops, looks like one of the state’s best is transferring to play in Indiana

Good move, my family regrets not making the move. I imagine Bryce Hopkins will be transferring soon as well.

Basketball in no way shape or form is going to start on time. For 2 reasons. 1) the china virus spike numbers are too high 2) basketball is the biggest money maker for the ihsa. They will kick that can down the road as far as they can to see if anyway possible they can run some sort of state tournament to recoup some revenue. Its possible you could see basketball in April or even May at this rate. the IHSA may have to fold or completely lay off their entire staff if they do not get some reveune this year and that is not a joke

Basketball in no way shape or form is going to start on time. For 2 reasons. 1) the china virus spike numbers are too high 2) basketball is the biggest money maker for the ihsa. They will kick that can down the road as far as they can to see if anyway possible they can run some sort of state tournament to recoup some revenue. Its possible you could see basketball in April or even May at this rate. the IHSA may have to fold or completely lay off their entire staff if they do not get some reveune this year and that is not a joke
Hopefully it starts with Anderson for giving him that power in the first place.

Craig Andersen basically said the same thing when this years 4 sport season calendar came out. Very unlikely basketball would start on time. As of right now teams can and are practicing via fall contact days. If nothing changes teams can at least do that until they get a green light to play games. October 28th there is supposed to be some sort of announcement/decision on winter sports. My guess is its a rules/guidelines and a tentative new start date.

Craig Andersen basically said the same thing when this years 4 sport season calendar came out. Very unlikely basketball would start on time. As of right now teams can and are practicing via fall contact days. If nothing changes teams can at least do that until they get a green light to play games. October 28th there is supposed to be some sort of announcement/decision on winter sports. My guess is its a rules/guidelines and a tentative new start date.
They will likely have to increase the number of contact days

The State just reversed course. Basketball moved to high risk and volleyball moved to medium risk. That will make some volleyball parents happy I suppose although the move came after the girls season could have happened. Let the transferring begin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT