ADVERTISEMENT

What if both proposals pass?

niualum2002

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2004
I don’t think this one has been asked yet in the other threads but correct me if I’m wrong.

What does the district proposal look like if the private schools enrollment becomes the average enrollment of the neighboring larger public schools?

I don’t think either is a good idea, but if districts are seen as having a real possibility of passing due to the large of amount of south of I-80 schools favoring it, why wouldn’t those same schools also not vote for the new proposal replacing the multiplier?

I don’t think this one has been asked yet in the other threads but correct me if I’m wrong.

What does the district proposal look like if the private schools enrollment becomes the average enrollment of the neighboring larger public schools?

I don’t think either is a good idea, but if districts are seen as having a real possibility of passing due to the large of amount of south of I-80 schools favoring it, why wouldn’t those same schools also not vote for the new proposal replacing the multiplier?
Remember this passed before. And as soon as the IHSA sent our mock districts it got repealed. From the Alton Telegraph:

""This is not the first time the district idea has been floated for Illinois football. On Dec.18, 2018, IHSA announced it would switch to district play in 2021 after Proposal 23 was passed by a vote of 324-307. There were 69 “no opinion” votes.

The IHSA sent memos to high school athletic directors in May 2019 with mock projections for the new district system with the Tigers in an eight-team district in Class 8A with Belleville East, O’Fallon, Minooka, Lincoln-Way East, Joliet Central, Joliet West and Lockport.

It never came to fruition, though. On Dec. 18, 2019, Proposal 15 passed 374-241 with 87 voting no opinion, meaning that football scheduling and conference play would continue and not move to a district format in 2021.""

It passed by 17 votes then got repealed by 133 votes. Again everyone is being asked to vote for something w/o knowing what it will look like.

Reactions: niualum2002
The IHSA sent memos to high school athletic directors in May 2019 with mock projections for the new district system with the Tigers in an eight-team district in Class 8A with Belleville East, O’Fallon, Minooka, Lincoln-Way East, Joliet Central, Joliet West and Lockport.

Who wants to make those bus rides? And if you make exemptions for some and the not others then it gets crazy. Forget about the privates for a minute. Take a public team that wins their conference on a regular basis and then gets put into a district the can only win once in a blue moon?

It would be disastrous to IHSA football as we know it and it would be disastrous to many schools in the CCL. I think MC would have to become an independent, leave the IHSA, and play a National schedule or something along those lines because with that joke of a schedule they would have (at least under the one that was proposed in 2019) it would be detrimental to the school.

It would be disastrous to IHSA football as we know it and it would be disastrous to many schools in the CCL. I think MC would have to become an independent, leave the IHSA, and play a National schedule or something along those lines because with that joke of a schedule they would have (at least under the one that was proposed in 2019) it would be detrimental to the school.
I stayed out of all the threads here regarding the annual Illinois High School Football ambition-hating, revenge proposal debates. But @McCaravan is on the right track.

I would like the leadership of the top non-boundaried schools to be thinking along those lines.

Call the Cathedrals (Indy), Andreans (Merrillville), Marquettes (WI), Trinitys (KY), Cardinal Ritters (MO), Christian Brothers (MO), Brother Rices (MI) of the world and start a Midwest Private League, a Mipple, if you would. I believe Cathedral is already an independent in the Indy area.

Along with the Mount Carmels, Loyolas, St. Ritas, Brother Rices, Marists , St. Ignatius, Joliet Catholics, Providences of Illinois. The upgraded NIPL to the MPL if you would.

Get back to our Catholic roots of not trying to be of this world and create an incredible Regional conference. It would take an enormous amount of leadership. But what’s the alternative when one is being trapped or thrown into a corner?

Reactions: McCaravan
I thought it'd be MC moving up to 8A that would rid them out of Rita's way--not Districts. :) In the end, I don't think it passes. If it does, then MC has to be in the same District as Rita. BR could be in one of the more southern Districts.

The average enrollment proposal is not going to pass. Not even close. Districts will be close, probably within 5-6% pts, but I think its going to pass.
Also, (TMBK) the IHSA never sent out any mock districts. That was a projection from someone outside the IHSA. Plus, changes have happened since then (Rich Township being 1 program now, 11-man teams that went 8-man).
The AD is already one of the hardest jobs in a school. Anything that helps them take some of that off their plate, and this is a big stress to them, will be welcomed by most.

They won't leave

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT