ADVERTISEMENT

Highland will Kick the Crap Out of Herscher

I don't care about any of that, my point and my point only was to say Highland won't come close to beating Rochester.

Then why did you say you were tired of them winning every year? I was kind enough to tell you what to do, and I'm sure the IHSA would be more than happy to hear from you, especially given the fact that you are a government school fan.

As far as your thoughts on the Rochester/Highland game, you nailed it. I will repeat what I have said before regarding Rochester: for any team to get within 20 points of them is almost as good as a win. Althoff met that challenge, and congratulations to them only losing by 18. I'm sure Highland would take that right now and be able to walk away with their heads held high.

Another thing: this comparison of QBs is ridiculous. No program in the state develops quarterbacks year in and year out like Rochester. I assume it is the genius of Derek Leonard in evaluating talent and then getting the maximum effort out of that talent. Not positive of that, but there sure is something special going on down there. Let's here it for the 217!!

neutral field
[2017] Highland (IL) 38, [2017] Althoff Catholic (Belleville, IL) 14

Althoff game was 18 point margin? And I keep hearing that Highland is better than Althoff.. hmmm

hmmm indeed. As far as the quarterfinal games this weekend, I think Highland has a much greater challenge (Herscher) than Rochester (Herrin). Not that Highland will be looking ahead, but I just think Herscher brings a lot more to the table than Herrin. Home field definitely makes Highland the favorite, but home field for Rochester makes them the PROHIBITIVE favorite!

I was at the triad highland game triad slowed them down by getting to the qb and putting a linebacker on Feldman at all times and took away there dump offs to him highland is very good I will say that

Soucie on Herscher D before last week's game:
Tigers on defense: This is where the Tigers really need to solidify moving forward. For a team hoping to advance deep into the playoffs, they've routinely given up more points than you'd like. Herscher has allowed at least 20 points in six of its games this season, and while the Tigers are more than capable of surviving a shootout because of their offensive explosiveness, the Tigers still need to put the clamps down on foes a little more often than they have. Anthony Koranda is a key cog in the Herscher defense and leads the team in tackles, but Herscher could use another player or two to step up and make key defensive plays. The one thing Herscher's defense could contribute here, and it has been something they'd done all year, is force a turnover or two. Herscher has a plus 17 turnover ratio.

Soucie on Herscher D before last week's game:
Tigers on defense: This is where the Tigers really need to solidify moving forward. For a team hoping to advance deep into the playoffs, they've routinely given up more points than you'd like. Herscher has allowed at least 20 points in six of its games this season, and while the Tigers are more than capable of surviving a shootout because of their offensive explosiveness, the Tigers still need to put the clamps down on foes a little more often than they have. Anthony Koranda is a key cog in the Herscher defense and leads the team in tackles, but Herscher could use another player or two to step up and make key defensive plays. The one thing Herscher's defense could contribute here, and it has been something they'd done all year, is force a turnover or two. Herscher has a plus 17 turnover ratio.

Pretty spot on.. special teams play has been an issue a few times as well

I'm just going to go on the record and say that I am not Jon. I'm just a grad from HHS who got the hell out and still follow the school. Good luck to both teams Saturday, may they both leave injury free.

I'm just going to go on the record and say that I am not Jon. I'm just a grad from HHS who got the hell out and still follow the school. Good luck to both teams Saturday, may they both leave injury free.
Nothing screams guilt like a guy who screams his innocence.

Edgy,

This is classic. I may not be the most liked guy on this site(honestly don't really care), but I've never had multiple sign-ons and I certainly never lost track of which sign-on I was posting from...good lord this guy never stops lying!

Oh no worries I'm following you now....just in case...

Edgy,

This is classic. I may not be the most liked guy on this site(honestly don't really care), but I've never had multiple sign-ons and I certainly never lost track of which sign-on I was posting from...good lord this guy never stops lying!

Clearly you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer either...

Jon, you're always so quick to bash and put down others. For once, it would be nice if you'd just stop. I mean, grow up.

Edgy,

Except I really am not Jon. I know him, but I'm not him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT