ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NFL Pro Bowl - IHSA athletes, share here

Snetsrak61

Aug 16, 2008
What a week for former Roadrunners. Julian Love gets his first Pro Bowl nod of his career!

Sharing all other IHSA athletes who were recognized for their Pro Bowl seasons. Please reply and I will add to original post below.

1st timers
Julian Love, S, Seattle, Nazareth Academy
Sam LaPorta, TE, Detroit, Highland High School

Repeat Pro Bowlers
Terron Armstead (5), OT, Miami, Cahokia High School

Last edited:
"He's talented, he sees things, he reacts really well, he's got really quick feet, he's really nimble, and he can get in and out of his breaks and come out of the middle and come out of his halves and cover a ton of ground, and he's really responsible about making the plays that he should make in the running game. He's a really good all-around ballplayer and we see it carry over as he impacts the special teams group too. He's always doing things right, he's making calls, he's making tackles. He's just a really good football player. I think he's probably better than we thought, and he's more complete than we thought."

They could have asked us!

The Pro Bowl doesn't mean sh*t anymore. The team the players would most likely rather be on is the 1st team All Pro.

The Pro Bowl doesn't mean sh*t anymore. The team the players would most likely rather be on is the 1st team All Pro.
The game might not mean crap but to the players that make the team it means something to them. There is a difference. Good for Love! It’s saying he is one of the best at his position. Happy for him.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
I'll let DJ Moore know that.
He doesn't care about the Pro Bowl, he cares about missing out on the bonus he would have received if he was selected. Most every player has an incentive bonus if they make the Pro Bowl.

It is a hokey game as the players don’t really battle. Just give these guys the recognition they deserve and a bonus. And maybe have a bowling tournament.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Mitch Trubisky made a Pro Bowl. I rest my case. If these guys are on the All Pro 1st team then we can talk.

Reactions: 4Afan
He doesn't care about the Pro Bowl, he cares about missing out on the bonus he would have received if he was selected. Most every player has an incentive bonus if they make the Pro Bowl.

So if making the Pro Bowl doesn't mean sh*t, if it's a bonus incentive, that's got to be better than sh*t, right?

If anyone else knows of others, please share and I'll re-title and share in original post, if there are more hometown kids we can recognize!

Do you guys go to weddings and tell the bride she could have lost another 20 lbs? Or tell a grieving widow at a funeral the deceased's suit is a few seasons old?
For the record, I never said anyone making the Pro Bowl doesn’t deserve the honor. Being recognized as the league’s best is great and I’m happy for the players. It’s the game itself that I don’t like. I don’t think I’ve watched it since I was 12.

For the record, I never said anyone making the Pro Bowl doesn’t deserve the honor. Being recognized as the league’s best is great and I’m happy for the players. It’s the game itself that I don’t like. I don’t think I’ve watched it since I was 12.
Can’t disagree with you there. The actual game blows. The players that make the team are the best and deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments.

Sam LaPorta was just lucky being a no name rookie being drafted by a team that had no predetermined 2nd receiving option and facing defenses where Safeties were concerned with St. Brown and LBs concerned with the more heralded rookie Jamhyr Gibbs. Easy to make it to the horrible pro bowl with this set up.

Basically anyone could have done it. And probably any TE that prepped in Cali, Tex or FLA would have double the stats the overrated LaPorta put up.

The Pro Bowls a damn flag football obstacle course pie eating contest now in woke, broke America. Not like the Pro Bowl of my day when you could trust a man’s handshake and kids flew kites.

Sam LaPorta was just lucky being a no name rookie being drafted by a team that had no predetermined 2nd receiving option and facing defenses where Safeties were concerned with St. Brown and LBs concerned with the more heralded rookie Jamhyr Gibbs. Easy to make it to the horrible pro bowl with this set up.

Basically anyone could have done it. And probably any TE that prepped in Cali, Tex or FLA would have double the stats the overrated LaPorta put up.

The Pro Bowls a damn flag football obstacle course pie eating contest now in woke, broke America. Not like the Pro Bowl of my day when you could trust a man’s handshake and kids flew kites.
Do no name rookies get drafted at the top of the 2nd round? He was pretty highly regarded.

If St. Brown is the main guy, then the corner is on him, not the safety.

Laporta should be the rookie of the year, he likely won't be because he's a TE, but he's bigger than Gibbs, who was behind Montgomery.

There was 1 TE taken in round 1, Kincaid, and 5 in round 2, he's out performed them all, regardless of where they were drafted or trained.

You must be new to football, because Iowa has become pretty synonymous with TEs in the NFL.

Oh, he also leads all TEs in TDs for the year.

So if making the Pro Bowl doesn't mean sh*t, if it's a bonus incentive, that's got to be better than sh*t, right?
Where did I say it doesn't mean sheet? It's an honor and a bonus, the game, not so much. I'm happy for Love. It's just hypocritical to say the Pro Bowl is trash these days and then praise the local guy for making it.

Oh not you my friend, yours was dripping with /s
Thank you😂

Yes, I celebrate the program and player when an IL HSFB alum makes a NFL practice squad knowing all the sacrifice and help it takes to pull off that accomplishment. To be named to a Pro Bowl? Just so happy for the Love family and Nazareth Football community. Same with the LaPorta family and Highland Football community. Hat tip. Job well done!

There are classic stories with origins in Honolulu … i think they should have a battle of the stars type competition instead of a football game. With some folks mic’ed up, planted bartenders/servers like candid camera ….

How fun that could be!

Where did I say it doesn't mean sheet? It's an honor and a bonus, the game, not so much. I'm happy for Love. It's just hypocritical to say the Pro Bowl is trash these days and then praise the local guy for making it.
You made the comment about the bonus, someone else made the sheet comment. I didnt mean to offend.

Reactions: 4Afan

Put in the Louvre.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT