ADVERTISEMENT

Highland will Kick the Crap Out of Herscher

Listening to decaudle on here I would think the Tigers might just need to start putting away the equipment and getting ready for basketball and wrestling. Highland can put some points up but Herscher is unlike any team they have tried to defend this season. QB and RB can run it and score from anywhere. Both have 1300+ rushing yards and 20+ tds each. 5 players on offense with between 22-40 catches and 300-600 yards receiving. Each of those player have 3-7 receiving tds. No team is more balanced than Herscher on offense. Does that mean they will win......No. But it does mean that you can't simply take away 1 player and think that's the answer to beat the Tigers. Herscher may not be good enough to beat the almighty Bulldogs but I'll bet the Tigers show up and give them a hell of a game.

Listening to decaudle on here I would think the Tigers might just need to start putting away the equipment and getting ready for basketball and wrestling. Highland can put some points up but Herscher is unlike any team they have tried to defend this season. QB and RB can run it and score from anywhere. Both have 1300+ rushing yards and 20+ tds each. 5 players on offense with between 22-40 catches and 300-600 yards receiving. Each of those player have 3-7 receiving tds. No team is more balanced than Herscher on offense. Does that mean they will win......No. But it does mean that you can't simply take away 1 player and think that's the answer to beat the Tigers. Herscher may not be good enough to beat the almighty Bulldogs but I'll bet the Tigers show up and give them a hell of a game.

I never said Herscher wouldn't score. I am aware Herscher has a very good offense. I am just saying they better score every time they have the ball.

As for no team is more balanced: Highland has 2,712 yards passing and 2,688 running...

No one will kick the crap out of Highland. I have watched Rochester and they can't slow down Highland either.

I have no opinion on whether or not Rochester can slow down Highland, but that will not be the deciding factor should the Rockets and Bulldogs meet up in the semis. Highland (or anyone else) will not be able to overcome Nick Baker, Rochester's player-of-the-year QB.

I never said Herscher wouldn't score. I am aware Herscher has a very good offense. I am just saying they better score every time they have the ball.

As for no team is more balanced: Highland has 2,712 yards passing and 2,688 running...

I should have been more specific. Balanced in players contributing to the passing game is what I meant to say. Laporta and Feldmann account for 65% of the teams receptions and yards in the passing game. They also account for 85% of the passing TDs. I wouldn't call that balanced in a spread based offense. But hell Highland is undefeated and they have All-World Laporta who can catch anything and not let anyone he guards catch anything. Pretty much and unbeatable Bulldog team. It was a good season Tigers.

I have no opinion on whether or not Rochester can slow down Highland, but that will not be the deciding factor should the Rockets and Bulldogs meet up in the semis. Highland (or anyone else) will not be able to overcome Nick Baker, Rochester's player-of-the-year QB.

Hinter,
Make sure to tell Baker if the Rockets get the Bulldogs in the semis to not throw the ball Laportas way. It is impossible to complete a pass on him.

But hell Highland is undefeated and they have All-World Laporta ,,,.

The "all world" player you probably meant is the QB Marti for Highland.

And what makes this inevitable game so fun is Nic Baker being "all world" too - both deserve this nomenclature. Combined they have 5000 yards of offense and 80-some TDs - and one interception each this season.

The "all world" player you probably meant is the QB Marti for Highland.

And what makes this inevitable game so fun is Nic Baker being "all world" too - both deserve this nomenclature. Combined they have 5000 yards of offense and 80-some TDs - and one interception each this season.

Baker and Marti are both great players. The Tigers Tyler Jarnagin may not be in the same league as these southern boys but he has accounted for over 3400 yards of offense with 41 TDs along with only throwing 1 int on the season.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
No one will kick the crap out of Highland. I have watched Rochester and they can't slow down Highland either.

I'm not a Rochester fan in the least, I'm sick of seeing them win year after year in 4A but I don't think anyone will come close again this year, sorry just my opinion,

I'm not a Rochester fan in the least, I'm sick of seeing them win year after year in 4A but I don't think anyone will come close again this year, sorry just my opinion,

Tired of them winning it year after year? Did you tell the IHSA? They supposedly have a solution for that - Oops, that's only for CERTAIN schools!! So that there is no misunderstanding: I'm for ANY team winning as much as they can, multiplied non-boundary and boundaried. The problem comes in when you punish a team who is already subjected to an adjusted factor to compensate for the advantage they have (the multiplier) with the falsely-named "success adjustment". Shame on those who voted to do this to 15-18 year olds and on those who support it. So much for "doing it for the children"!!!!

Reactions: ramblinman
Tired of them winning it year after year? Did you tell the IHSA? They supposedly have a solution for that - Oops, that's only for CERTAIN schools!! So that there is no misunderstanding: I'm for ANY team winning as much as they can, multiplied non-boundary and boundaried. The problem comes in when you punish a team who is already subjected to an adjusted factor to compensate for the advantage they have (the multiplier) with the falsely-named "success adjustment". Shame on those who voted to do this to 15-18 year olds and on those who support it. So much for "doing it for the children"!!!!

Wasn't it the lower tier private schools that were pushing for a system where they were not treated like schools like Mt Carmel, JCA, Montini?

From what I understand, there was a push to move the multiplier above 2.0 and the success factor was the compromise.,

Rochester's Player of the year? Yes, but Marti is just as good and a much better runner, a dimension that Baker does not give to the degree that Marti does.

Baker 3043 passing yards, 45-1 TD-Int
Marti 2718 passing yards, 36-1 TD-Int

Clearly the only difference is volume, Marti rarely got to play after halftime.

I should have been more specific. Balanced in players contributing to the passing game is what I meant to say. LaPorta and Feldman account for 65% of the teams receptions and yards in the passing game. They also account for 85% of the passing TDs. I wouldn't call that balanced in a spread based offense. But hell Highland is undefeated and they have All-World Laporta who can catch anything and not let anyone he guards catch anything. Pretty much and unbeatable Bulldog team. It was a good season Tigers.

I see what you meant now, yes Highland relies heavily on the 3 headed monster of Marti, Feldman and LaPorta. I think that is plenty of options to keep from being able to key on anyone. You double team Feldman and Laporta, Marti will run for 200. You double team LaPorta he will just outjump the defenders.

How may full games did Baker play?
I see what you meant now, yes Highland relies heavily on the 3 headed monster of Marti, Feldman and LaPorta. I think that is plenty of options to keep from being able to key on anyone. You double team Feldman and Laporta, Marti will run for 200. You double team LaPorta he will just outjump the defenders.

Jarnagin/Koranda have been a decent duo all year, clearly not even in the same stratosphere as the Highland kids though

How may full games did Baker play?

Jarnagin/Koranda have been a decent duo all year, clearly not even in the same stratosphere as the Highland kids though

Well few are. I believe LaPorta is just a touch under 7 feet.

Herscher will score their points, I have doubt of that. Highland will just score a lot more.

Wasn't it the lower tier private schools that were pushing for a system where they were not treated like schools like Mt Carmel, JCA, Montini?

From what I understand, there was a push to move the multiplier above 2.0 and the success factor was the compromise.,

Not sure about any of those two things, but if the second point you mention is true, I am sure SHG, for example, given the choice between (1) being multiplied by 2.0 and (2) possibly (but not likely) being "punishment adjusted" to 7A (!), would take the first choice (but not gladly). However, I would not trust the IHSA, seeing as how they moved the goal post in a big way once already with the punishment adjustment idiocy.

Not sure about any of those two things, but if the second point you mention is true, I am sure SHG, for example, given the choice between (1) being multiplied by 2.0 and (2) possibly (but not likely) being "punishment adjusted" to 7A (!), would take the first choice (but not gladly). However, I would not trust the IHSA, seeing as how they moved the goal post in a big way once already with the punishment adjustment idiocy.

They didn't move it, trying to find the best possible solution before splitting the open enrollment schools into separate divisions..

They didn't move it, trying to find the best possible solution before splitting the open enrollment schools into separate divisions..

All.... Where did the IHSA remotely say that if the success factor wasn't instituted their next avenue would be separation? Please post this announcement. Not your usual unsupported I heard this blah blah. Thanks. Ratsy

All.... Where did the IHSA remotely say that if the success factor wasn't instituted their next avenue would be separation? Please post this announcement. Not your usual unsupported I heard this blah blah. Thanks. Ratsy

I am saying there is growing sentiment to move to separate classes, but they are trying to find an alternative solution.. and from what I have seen the schools being moved up another class seem to be doing just fine.. so be careful what you wish for, you will dislike the next step even more..

I am saying there is growing sentiment to move to separate classes, but they are trying to find an alternative solution.. and from what I have seen the schools being moved up another class seem to be doing just fine.. so be careful what you wish for, you will dislike the next step even more..

All.... Just as I thought yapping into the wind without any qualifying statements from the IHSA. And now your follow up post goes into but another direction and self opinion. Ratsy

All.... Just as I thought yapping into the wind without any qualifying statements from the IHSA. And now your follow up post goes into but another direction and self opinion. Ratsy

LOL, are you surprised by that Ratsy?;)

Not my opinion at all, just what I keep hearing from IHSA membership... I was also ripped when I was the first one to mention a possible success factor..

Not my opinion at all, just what I keep hearing from IHSA membership... I was also ripped when I was the first one to mention a possible success factor..

All..... "Just what I'm hearing." Yes I know that is your mantra as I mentioned in post #64. Who from the IHSA are you hearing this from? Be specific now. Ratsy

All..... "Just what I'm hearing." Yes I know that is your mantra as I mentioned in post #64. Who from the IHSA are you hearing this from? Be specific now. Ratsy

IHSA is a membership based organization.. just saying what I am hearing from different directions.. point being, if you don't like the success factor, you really wont like the next approach.

All.... Haahaa, your continued non answers on unsupported claims and weak attempts to change the subject matter speak volumes. You have yourself a nice day. Ratsy

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
All.... Haahaa, your continued non answers on unsupported claims and weak attempts to change the subject matter speak volumes. You have yourself a nice day. Ratsy

You asked who I am hearing it from, I told you...

I don't care about any of that, my point and my point only was to say Highland won't come close to beating Rochester.

How did Highland/Herscher turn into another Public/Private debate???

Easy - BBCHS. Once you get him rolling on the topic - there is no stopping him. Like a 300lb running back (with track speed) heading downhill

I think Highland is every bit as good as Rochester and the game will be at Highland

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT