ADVERTISEMENT

FVC Superbrawl 2018 PR vs. CG

CG Fan

Oct 28, 2015
This week is the week we've (FVC fans) been waiting for! I was happy to see this match-up a bit later in the season. Both teams appear to be clicking on all cylinders. How will PR cope with the new face of the 3 headed Trojan? Will CG be able to contain Willis and Company. What are your thought?

Reactions: Wolffan64
Tough call. I have to bank on PR losing to Huntley and giving up 55 to Dundee Crown to say CG is better. CG with their newly found passing game adds a deadly weapon to the already tough running game. For PR, Willis is a fast fireplug and is tough dude to stop. But it's PR and CG and nobody knows each other like they do. Could be a low scoring game. I have to go with CG.

PR can't stop the pass. Now that we actually have a passing attach, game should not be close.

Their offense is still special , but my gawd...
PR defensive coach looks clueless bear crawling his defensive line on passing downs...wish he would have bear crawled Jenkins last year...not even sure the jr wolves programs gives up on their dline as much as him.

Said before the season even started. CARY has reclaimed the throne in the FOX.

PR can't stop the pass. Now that we actually have a passing attach, game should not be close.

Their offense is still special , but my gawd...
PR defensive coach looks clueless bear crawling his defensive line on passing downs...wish he would have bear crawled Jenkins last year...not even sure the jr wolves programs gives up on their dline as much as him.

Said before the season even started. CARY has reclaimed the throne in the FOX.

Yeah I was wondering that myself. The DLine cutting and bear crawling the Oline - can’t get any pressure on the QB that way, but very effective at creating a blob of bodies between the tackles. I wish we would have thrown the ball a little more against PR!

Reactions: Trojan Fox
Let's put things into perspective here. PR just graduated the best Senior class that it will probably ever have and they have 2 State Titles to show for it. They are now 6-1 and playing with basically Sophomores and Juniors
(I was told 4, sometimes 5 Seniors). This was predicted to be Cary-Grove's year with this batch of Seniors. PR's head coach is doing an amazing job with such a young team. Especially with the athletes that needed to be replaced. If CG has taken the throne then I'm not too sure how long that Title will last!

Let's put things into perspective here. PR just graduated the best Senior class that it will probably ever have and they have 2 State Titles to show for it. They are now 6-1 and playing with basically Sophomores and Juniors
(I was told 4, sometimes 5 Seniors). This was predicted to be Cary-Grove's year with this batch of Seniors. PR's head coach is doing an amazing job with such a young team. Especially with the athletes that needed to be replaced. If CG has taken the throne then I'm not too sure how long that Title will last!
I agree that PR has been a surprise after losing 5 four year starters, but don't overlook that CG is also playing a fair amount of underclassmen, especially on D. And watch out for this freshmen class at CG, they could be special. I do know that PR and CG will always be a dog fight, regardless the talent level.

Their Senior class was great, they had always been since their TCYFL days. Some buddies and I were just talking about this. The PR senior class did not have much success at the youth level, ours did. Their Junior class was better than ours. Their soph team won the championship, but we did beat them that year, so we'll call that a toss up. But I will give them credit, they had some players who look to be making an impact on the Varsity level this year. Our freshman group is better than what they bring to the table, no question there.

But here is where I don't understand PR.
From what I hear, they have to play so many underclass men since they run off so many upperclassmen. Their frosh/soph program is a joke. Was told they lost MOST of the soph class after last years disaster. They play some sophs who shouldn't be starting and bench seniors who should. Your biggest soph only kicks....

Realists...remember, even when PR won their first state championship, we still won the FOX. Your years of semi-final finishes....we still won the FOX.

Their Senior class was great, they had always been since their TCYFL days. Some buddies and I were just talking about this. The PR senior class did not have much success at the youth level, ours did. Their Junior class was better than ours. Their soph team won the championship, but we did beat them that year, so we'll call that a toss up. But I will give them credit, they had some players who look to be making an impact on the Varsity level this year. Our freshman group is better than what they bring to the table, no question there.

But here is where I don't understand PR.
From what I hear, they have to play so many underclass men since they run off so many upperclassmen. Their frosh/soph program is a joke. Was told they lost MOST of the soph class after last years disaster. They play some sophs who shouldn't be starting and bench seniors who should. Your biggest soph only kicks....

Realists...remember, even when PR won their first state championship, we still won the FOX. Your years of semi-final finishes....we still won the FOX.
Is it about winning the Fox or winning state?

This is a BIGGIE tomorrow! Soucie might be freaking out with all the ramifications to the playoff seedings and North/South lines!! I would sure like to see Phillips Head South if CG/PR stay north. The Winner of this game could be lining up accross from Phillips turkey day weekend!

This is a BIGGIE tomorrow! Soucie might be freaking out with all the ramifications to the playoff seedings and North/South lines!! I would sure like to see Phillips Head South if CG/PR stay north. The Winner of this game could be lining up accross from Phillips turkey day weekend!
Don't think that CG hasn't had this date circled since PR beat them in the final seconds of last year's playoffs. This passing game of theirs may have been created just to bring down PR.

I don't really see this game as being close. They will have have a bunch of trouble containing the Mc.P combo.

I don't really see this game as being close. They will have have a bunch of trouble containing the Mc.P combo.
You could be right. The only advantage I give PR right now is home field but what is that worth in high school football?

Reactions: CG Fan
Being so far north, why would either one be in the South Bracket IF the IHSA goes geographically like they usually do? The only reason I could see them not doing it geographically North/South would be if they thought either one of them going south would have the best chance at keeping a private school from the South Bracket out of the championship game. Using Soucie's projections for 6A, aren't there only two private schools of any note in the South Bracket, one of whom is SHG which does not have a chance of advancing out of that bracket?

I was talking about Phillips. They are on the bubble of heading To the South Bracket.

I was talking about Phillips. They are on the bubble of heading To the South Bracket.

I guess I was responding to "... if CG/PR stay north." I wouldn't think either of them would be moved south, but I understand your reasoning re: Phillips.

14-7 PR at the half. CG offense is ineffective tonight.

Some credit to PR - I thought their defense was ok. Above average. Those two teams know each other well.

I hate playing a cupcake and then the next week a good team. It’s such a shock to the system and takes a quarter or so to get back to Varsity game speed. (Didn’t CG blow someone out last week?). Expect CG to come out looking better in the second half

CG eeks it out 21-14.

I think you guys might be in trouble next week unless your pass coverage is good or your blitz packages are detailed and diverse. You will be able to put some real points on the NC D which isn’t very stout - But it will be a shootout I think.

WV lost to NC 35-14 which is about what I expected.
* NC could not run
* they threw 4 long TD passes
* we could not cover their receivers or get enough pressure on QB to make a big enough impact on their pass game.
* 1 kickoff return for TD

WV 4 drives inside the red zone. Two TDs and two stops on downs

I think you guys might be in trouble next week unless your pass coverage is good or your blitz packages are detailed and diverse. You will be able to put some real points on the NC D which isn’t very stout - But it will be a shootout I think.

WV lost to NC 35-14 which is about what I expected.
* NC could not run
* they threw 4 long TD passes
* we could not cover their receivers or get enough pressure on QB to make a big enough impact on their pass game.
* 1 kickoff return for TD

WV 4 drives inside the red zone. Two TDs and two stops on downs

I know nothing about NC but will go out on a limb and say CG scores at least 28 on them. Could be NC scores 35 and there’s your game. Only PR could slow down CG because it’s all they know. It will be a shootout.

I know nothing about NC but will go out on a limb and say CG scores at least 28 on them. Could be NC scores 35 and there’s your game. Only PR could slow down CG because it’s all they know. It will be a shootout.

Yup I’m calling for an ole fashioned shootout. Points will be plentiful for both teams.

I think CG has good chance over Naperville Central this week as long as Feeto doesn't pick it as his upset.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hurt is just that hurting. If it were something more he would of said injured. There is a distinct difference in the CG vocabulary. I think it was a tough game for 21. PR plays fast a tough like CG. He took some pounding shots on both sides of the ball Friday. The kid is a tough as they come. I expect he won't be sitting out anytime soon. Several articles have highlighted his football attitude. He is easily a next level athlete. A lot of hype on QP and rightfully so. DD 21 is right there with him with catches and yards. Along with Defensive production.

Reactions: atrain97
Hurt is just that hurting. If it were something more he would of said injured. There is a distinct difference in the CG vocabulary. I think it was a tough game for 21. PR plays fast a tough like CG. He took some pounding shots on both sides of the ball Friday. The kid is a tough as they come. I expect he won't be sitting out anytime soon. Several articles have highlighted his football attitude. He is easily a next level athlete. A lot of hype on QP and rightfully so. DD 21 is right there with him with catches and yards. Along with Defensive production.
Sounds like it was a stinger and some cramps. It would take a army to keep him out. I could see him pulling a Ronnie Lott.

While I do believe we played some great football quarters 2-4, PR coaching really helped us back in the game. Little pressure on our QB on the last drive of the 1st half, seriously..you just give up any chance of a rush from your undersized dline crawling...and honestly what type of attemped pass coverage they tried on Priester... ?
Why would you have press coverage and not bump off on the line when you have "help" over top? Thank you!!!! ;)

Cherry on top of the comeback, they couldn't stop us running their "samson evans" counter....

NC hasn't seen a team like us. I expect a good game, but we could be ripe for a loss since we are coming off such a HUGE game.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT