ADVERTISEMENT

For Bones ... and other hoops fans

As contrast to this ugly game, Chaminade fell to Webster Grove 101-90 in the MO big school final. Two STL powerhouses who have not met since 2011.

Got a little chippy - then overly called to rein in the boys - 70+ foul shots in the game.

WG with Ramey and Gordon is the best in the STL area, in my opinion. They would beat West six of 10 times.

As contrast to this ugly game, Chaminade fell to Webster Grove 101-90 in the MO big school final. Two STL powerhouses who have not met since 2011.

Got a little chippy - then overly called to rein in the boys - 70+ foul shots in the game.

WG with Ramey and Gordon is the best in the STL area, in my opinion. They would beat West six of 10 times.

Did Webster Grove have injuries this year when dealing with their losses? And STL basketball has really come a long way.

Yes - top MO senior Courtney Ramey was out during the “national tour” part of their schedule and then they lost a couple when Carte’Are Gordon was suspended for disipline issues for two weeks. I think they lost nine total.

West beat WG without Cart’Are, their 6/8 post who is a bit more brawny as a season then EJ is now.

Chaminade was missing their beefy post during the post season. He’s a bit more thick than West’s Randolph.

Toss in Hazelwood, Vashon, St. Mary’s and a few others, STL as a metro area could stack up with any other in the country. Imagine the format - eight metro areas, each gets to pick their eight representatives. Randomly sort. See which region moves the most through the brackets, scoring some March Madness style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT