ADVERTISEMENT

For Bones ... and other hoops fans

And they are still in it. Not sure what the benefit will be to join West but we will see. ESL sophomore and Freshman class are lights out!
I'm sure Cuonzo already has a read on Hargrove, but I think EJ draws the likes of Coach K to his games next year and that helps his recruiting. Plus, if Hargrove wears maroon, they will be invited to the BIG TIME showcases.

I'm sure Cuonzo already has a read on Hargrove, but I think EJ draws the likes of Coach K to his games next year and that helps his recruiting. Plus, if Hargrove wears maroon, they will be invited to the BIG TIME showcases.

He has played in those games last year with Tilmon (The big showcase games). As far as recruitment goes in Basketball, coaches come to see one kid only so playing with someone is not a benefit. Example would be Smith this year. With all the current coaches coming to see EJ, no other kid has received an offer from any other school. They come to evaluate one person and that is it. Basketball programs have limited offers so they have their eye on the 4 they want. Football have 20 plus so things are a little different. Right now Hargrove is making some noise in 3A and they have a chance to make it to State. Not saying it isn't possible, I just don't see the benefit. There is a chance for ESL to go further than West this year. On the flip side, they can lose tonight.

Smith is not on the same level as EJ or Hargrove. I put EJ as the top player in the state next year - maybe this year. Maybe Coach K does not recruit Hargrove, but a program a rung below might have their eyes opened when coming to see EJ.

And when I say showcase games, I'm talking the City of Palms type events, with Oak Hill, IMG and the likes.

RE: tonight's game - Centralia don't suck! I wish I could find this game to stream.

Smith is not on the same level as EJ or Hargrove. I put EJ as the top player in the state next year - maybe this year. Maybe Coach K does not recruit Hargrove, but a program a rung below might have their eyes opened when coming to see EJ.

And when I say showcase games, I'm talking the City of Palms type events, with Oak Hill, IMG and the likes.

RE: tonight's game - Centralia don't suck! I wish I could find this game to stream.

ESL was in the City of Palms last year. They played Kevin Knox. Hargrove was in the dunk contest. They also played Penny Hardaway team.

Will they get an invite next year though? West might with no additions.

Not sure if they will or not. Having done it already it’s not a big deal. Vashon in STL did all that traveling and lost last night to a St Mary’s team that pretty much stayed local. Once you participate in those type of events you realize they are not that big of a deal.

Kid from Belleville West was just named the Gatorade Illinois Player of the year.

You will never give love to a Belleville guy.

Not true. I think he is really really really good. I believe he will get it hands down next year. This year Horton-Tucker isn't getting the props he deserve. He has performed all year.

West rolled. EJ played up to his hype again - swatting everything and scoring and rebounding.

East Side up double digits in the 4th against Marion but loses in OT on last second three pointer. Nice to see a South Seven team make it to the supers.

Starters out with 2:30 left. Had them 66-33 early in 4q.

Watching Larkin and Benet, who should have iced the game but they can’t hit free throws.

I can’t see either team as a threat whatsoever to West. The semis will not be exciting at all.

Went to the Morgan Park/N Lawndale game last night in 3A. MP ran away from NL in the first quarter. Jumped out to a 26-3 lead. NL made a late run in the 4th quarter to make it respectable, but it was never really a game. Illini recruit Ayo Dosunmu was dominant in 1st quarter. I think he had 14 in first quarter alone. Kinda coasted the rest of the way. First time I have seen him live. Really athletic and confident, needs to get bigger. Definately has the ability to take the game over. Plays with an attitude, which is nice. Hopefully, he will step in right away for the illini and make a nice back court with Frazier.

Went to the Morgan Park/N Lawndale game last night in 3A. MP ran away from NL in the first quarter. Jumped out to a 26-3 lead. NL made a late run in the 4th quarter to make it respectable, but it was never really a game. Illini recruit Ayo Dosunmu was dominant in 1st quarter. I think he had 14 in first quarter alone. Kinda coasted the rest of the way. First time I have seen him live. Really athletic and confident, needs to get bigger. Definately has the ability to take the game over. Plays with an attitude, which is nice. Hopefully, he will step in right away for the illini and make a nice back court with Frazier.
I have seen the attitude you reference ... he needs to keep that in check. He does need to bulk up - kid got pushed around by Chaminade and was a non-factor against grown-man competition.

Reactions: USD24
West faced a dogged Elgin Larkin team with a legit 6-10 big, who ultimately fouled out but he was an impact. Nice looking player.

Game was 64-53, the second lowest point output of the season and closest game since losing to STL Chaminade in January. Chaminade and Webster Grove face off tomorrow for the MO big school title.

In the second half, a bench player hit four bombs to keep the game close for Elgin. Was impressed with their effort and play.

West was kinda sloppy - but some of that was Elgin. They “had” the game early, let up a little on the gas I think, then smacked ‘em hard in the third quarter and kinda cruised again. I don’t expect such ... not sure the word ... but I bet they have FIRE tomorrow night.

EJ went for a quiet 26 points and a loud seven blocks, a class record for finals weekend.

Now to “scout” the second semi final.

Really good semi final - 10 lead changes so far and there are three minutes left. 52-49 advantage to WY 3:37 left.

Impressed with the Wildkit freshman - he has 18 points already.

WY extends the lead to 55-50 with 1:29 left and keep hitting their free throws - 59-51 with 35 seconds left. 60-53 with 27.7 left.

Dolphins ball - now it’s a game of keep away and is fouled, 62-53 and then they foul the freshman who makes traditional three point play - game ends 62-56, WY wins.

Looking forward to the final tomorrow. I think West wins, could win big.

Reactions: USD24
Really good semi final - 10 lead changes so far and there are three minutes left. 52-49 advantage to WY 3:37 left.

Impressed with the Wildkit freshman - he has 18 points already.

WY extends the lead to 55-50 with 1:29 left and keep hitting their free throws - 59-51 with 35 seconds left. 60-53 with 27.7 left.

Dolphins ball - now it’s a game of keep away and is fouled, 62-53 and then they foul the freshman who makes traditional three point play - game ends 62-56, WY wins.

Looking forward to the final tomorrow. I think West wins, could win big.

After ending Simeon's season two years in a row, you can't count out Whitney Young, but.....I think BW wins by a somewhat comfortable margin like earlier tonight. They're the best team in the state this year. Glad to see our area represented well.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT