ADVERTISEMENT

For Bones ... and other hoops fans

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
One guy says Bellville W vs The Beloved at the Super sectional at ISU in March. What do you think?
@crossbones ... Check this out.
http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article187000953.html

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article186178293.html

The Belleville boys - with three transfers this year to complement Liddell - played a national tourney last week, falling in the final to Sam Houston Math & Science. EJ was named "outstanding player" of the event. The starting five are 6/7 280, 6/6 230, 6/5 240, 6/3 and 6/2. Height, brawn and hops!

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
@crossbones ... Check this out.
http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article187000953.html

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article186178293.html

The Belleville boys - with three transfers this year to complement Liddell - played a national tourney last week, falling in the final to Sam Houston Math & Science. EJ was named "outstanding player" of the event. The starting five are 6/7 280, 6/6 230, 6/5 240, 6/3 and 6/2. Height, brawn and hops!

I am a big Illini fan, and I pray they get EJ. He's going to be a stud!

Reactions: all4theillini
He still has a babyface - doubt he even shaves once a month. His dad is a BIG BOY - was a four-year starter at tackle for ISU - and his mom played volleyball there. I can see him getting a few inches taller and much thicker once he has that last growth spurt.

My bad. Just now seeing this.

I saw that my guys beat EJ and BVW this summer in Morris, but not sure how complete either team was. I know BVW is the favorite in the Metro and outside of Chicagoland really.

I have a buddy reffing a college game the 1st weekend in Feb in the metro and the Bank of O'Fallon Shootout happens to be that weekend too. I may make a weekend out of it.

Liddell

Belleville West junior EJ Liddell leads the St. Louis region with 57 blocked shots. He picked up his 11th college offer from the University of Florida Tuesday.

Mr. Basketball has been decided early this year.

Liddell

Belleville West junior EJ Liddell leads the St. Louis region with 57 blocked shots. He picked up his 11th college offer from the University of Florida Tuesday.

Mr. Basketball has been decided early this year.

Wow - his head almost touches the rim!! That’s a lot of hop in those legs. Crazy.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
@Cross Bones What's happening with the Beloved? Iowa teams are their cryptonite?

How good is Simeon? I see their schedule - it's national - but they've lost two.

West's national schedule may not be as distanced, but I can't say for sure it's not in the same class as Simeon's collective opponents.

@Cross Bones What's happening with the Beloved? Iowa teams are their cryptonite?

How good is Simeon? I see their schedule - it's national - but they've lost two.

West's national schedule may not be as distanced, but I can't say for sure it's not in the same class as Simeon's collective opponents.

They havent been playing well to be honest. Too much "me ball" when previously they were making the right plays. I didnt see the Iowa games, nor the Hinsdale Central games, but thats what I was told. I did go to Pontiac though but didnt see Simeon (I cant do 14 hours in bleachers). I did see Curie and Danville, good teams, but not frightening by any stretch. My guess would be that Simeon is the heavy favorites for 4A and a dozen or so teams on the next level.

No. They struggled with Champaign Central. But I do include them in the dozen.
You very well could be correct. Simeon plays a lot of games against nationally ranked teams - but they’ve lost twice, so far. West lost to one too, Houston Math Science and Technology.

I hope these two teams end up meeting each other. The SWC hoops conference - Top to bottom (Ok - not Granite City) is a good way to prepare for the season’s end. Simeon may not have the size to match West (height and brawn). If not this year, then next year, the Marroons - with only two seniors getting significant minutes - will be tough as nails.

Highland will host a good "shootout" event again - live stream for $12.
https://sites.google.com/view/highlandshootout/home

Following is the schedule of games for the Highland Shootout:
  • Lebanon vs. Highland (girls) 10 a.m.
  • Kansas City Rockhurst vs. Edwardsville, 11:30 a.m.
  • Whitfield (Mo.) vs. Carbondale, 1 p.m.
  • Highland vs. Columbia, 3 p.m.
  • Poplar Bluff (Mo.) vs. Belleville West, 4:45 p.m.
  • Chicago Morgan Park vs. St. Louis Chaminade, 6:30 p.m.
  • Vashon vs. Champaign Central, 8:15 p.m.

• Kansas City Rockhurst vs. Edwardsville, 11:30 a.m. - EVILLE lost a close one despite a monster game by Marinko. Those Marinko boys are just gamers.

• Whitfield (Mo.) vs. Carbondale, 1 p.m. Another close one - Whittfield prevailed. Notable - Carbondale, which lobbied for Althoff's ouster from the South Seven, had fans that chose the police route instead of leaving the stands when the Highland AD told them they were being ejected.

• Poplar Bluff (Mo.) vs. Belleville West, 4:45 p.m. West stomped a team Currie stomped the night before in Kentucky. Their Top 100 Junior, rated higher than EJ, has not played yet this season and returns on January 16. EJ was a TERROR! Scored 26 and had nine blocks. He was pinning shots on the board or swatting them into the stands. That kid really can jump out of the gym!

• Chicago Morgan Park vs. St. Louis Chaminade, 6:30 p.m. Morgan Park gave up 107 points and stayed with 15 in this high-scoring contest. The top MP guy played a half, but no more after his hand pushed the face of a Red Raider, earning him a technical. Nick Irvin stormed the court and should have gotten Teed Up then, but later got one. He is shameful. Morgan Park and Chaminade Mamas got into a scrum in the stands too. Second time the PD has had to deal with MP fans in two weeks.

• Vashon vs. Champaign Central, 8:15 p.m. Vashon, a historic power in MO hoops, outlasted a tough Champaign team. The STL area small school #3 plays only underclassmen and will be wicked tough the next two or three years.
Great day of hoops!

Aren't Simeon's out of state losses to two teams who were both ranked #1 in the nation at the time of the loss?

West (15-2) falls 81-77 to 15-1 Chaminade, whose only blemish is a season opening 54-50 loss to Simeon. Since then, the Red Devils whipped Morgan Park with 107 points and has Currie and Whitney Young to come.

EJ had foul trouble in the first half be must have listened at half and started swatting balls away late but NC St. bound Hellems played his tough. 6/7 v 6/7 - Ej the junior was swatting the senior.

Great game!

MO has been owning these games against IL as far as I can tell. Looks like Vashon has beaten everyone. Our game vs Morgan Park was okay, they have to learn to put teams away, should have won that by 20 after leading by 18 after 3.

At this point I don't know if we'll meet BVW at ISU in March because we play so up and down. But it is a possibility.

Chaminade drops 97 on Whitney Young with starters out at 2:30 and WY trying to hold the ball, maybe so not to be the second CPS team to give up 100 to the Red Devils. Conversely, they’ve held Simeon to a season low 54 points in their only loss of the year.

Curie remains on their schedule at the Ofallon Shootout on 2/3 for the Stl area number three team.

West has the STL area number two, Webster Grove, the same night.

You still heading south for that, Bones?

Tough game for the Beloved missing two starters.

I wish Chaminade had its top player - Jericole Hellems - who got two techs last night and is suspended.

One the other two D1 players for Webster Grove may be suspended - indefinitely out- but something says he plays tonight.

If Hellems plays for Chaminade, they blow out Curie.

If 6-8 Ca’Arte played for Webster Groves, the Statemen beat the Marroons.

It’s a shame this showcase was diminished by player discipline issues.
I didn't get to stay for the Bellville W v Webster Groves. My hosts wanted to hit a bar in Edwardsville. I didn't know Chaminade was missing anyone, but it wasn't like they trotted out anyone that didn't belong on the court.

After watching Okoro from Normal West I don't see how some have him over Chris Payton of Bloomington. I think Chris is clearly the better player and prospect. It'll be interesting to see what he does now that he decommited from the home town Redbirds.

As for the Brook, they're going to have to pull it together or they may not win another game this season.

Not impressed with Normal West. O’Fallon - with a record of 9-14 - played them to the finals few possessions. The NW D1 kid was very raw - needs much polishing.

Chaminade was missing their top senior who is 6-7 and NC state bound. He is a MAN! Played EJ as tight as anyone this year. That’s a 20-point swing with him gone.

USA today ranks Simeon 5 and Max Preps has them 7 - the next IL team is ranked 37, Belleville West.

I just can't see that big of a gulf between Simeon and West. Nor can I imagine 36 teams beating West head to head.

Will be a fun March Madness!

We shall see. I gotta get back out to a game, I haven't been since we lost in O'Fallon due to a trip to Miami and being busy. I understand we're back healthy

West thumped Quincy 66-33. The Blue Devils had held their last eight opponents to 38.8 points, but the Maroons had them down at one point 58-14.

I think we are all waiting for the collision between them and Simeon a little over a week from now.

I hope both teams make it to March Madness - North v South.

Don't be shocked is EastSide's 6-7 stud transfers up the hill next year. ESL hoops has had five coaches during his three-year career. With Hargrove, West becomes a national-level player. (And I think they'd hold their own against any team in the nation.

That score - 58-14 - they more than QUADRUPLED them!

I hope both teams make it to March Madness - North v South.

Don't be shocked is EastSide's 6-7 stud transfers up the hill next year. ESL hoops has had five coaches during his three-year career. With Hargrove, West becomes a national-level player. (And I think they'd hold their own against any team in the nation.

That score - 58-14 - they more than QUADRUPLED them!

And they are still in it. Not sure what the benefit will be to join West but we will see. ESL sophomore and Freshman class are lights out!

ADVERTISEMENT