ADVERTISEMENT

Football isn't happening until the Spring

saints78

Apr 30, 2011
As much as it stinks its time to move on and make the best of the situation. Time to put all of that energy into letting them play to getting them ready for the Spring and making it as good as possible.

Illinois HS kids with offers to colleges out of state should seriously consider those first and when you commit to an out of state school, tell the Illinois schools it's because of Pritzker.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Quite an authoritarian position for JB to assume. I wonder if this development will take the steam out of the Saturday rallies or serve to ramp them up?

Reactions: DMurph11
As much as it stinks its time to move on and make the best of the situation. Time to put all of that energy into letting them play to getting them ready for the Spring and making it as good as possible.
At this rate what makes anyone think Spring is happening let alone winter sports, its probably safer now than it will be coming off cold and flu season. This is horrendous

Quite an authoritarian position for JB to assume. I wonder if this development will take the steam out of the Saturday rallies or serve to ramp them up?

I think it ramps them up. Looking at other states Governors dug in their feet as pressure started grow then did an about face a few weeks later. Sadly I think IL is different and there will be no winter or spring sports.

I think it ramps them up. Looking at other states Governors dug in their feet as pressure started grow then did an about face a few weeks later. Sadly I think IL is different and there will be no winter or spring sports.
I’ve said it before but I think this has more to do with JB doing completely the opposite of the president’s wishes. The prez has dropped a number of digs on Illinois, right or wrong. Maybe with a change in November there will be loosening up but he’s gonna rule his way for now.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I’ve said it before but I think this has more to do with JB doing completely the opposite of the president’s wishes. The prez has dropped a number of digs on Illinois, right or wrong. Maybe with a change in November there will be loosening up but he’s gonna rule his way for now.
Won't change until Feds bail the state out.

Is there ANY WAY to move forward without the Kings blessing? This is absurd. I hope there is a MASSIVE turnout on Saturday. JB is the worst. The absolute worst.

Reactions: jforney2440
IL has really lost any and all appeal to raise a family. I grew up here. Was raised on the North Side. While I love the people, this is a failed state. I do not see it getting better if we keep electing self serving morons. And, honestly, I don't say that lightly. Edgy, if that is out of line, I apologize. It's truly hard to comprehend the collateral damage that has been done by one person's self righteousness- mental illness, physical ailments, businesses shuttering their doors. This city (Chicago)/ state is self imploding This state has no future. That is something myself and my Family, and MANY, MANY others, are going to have to consider moving forward. For those who are so inclined to let the gov know how you feel:

Springfield
Office of the Governor
207 State House
Springfield, IL 62706
Phone: 217-782-6830

IL has really lost any and all appeal to raise a family. I grew up here. Was raised on the North Side. While I love the people, this is a failed state. I do not see it getting better if we keep electing self serving morons. And, honestly, I don't say that lightly. Edgy, if that is out of line, I apologize. It's truly hard to comprehend the collateral damage that has been done by one person's self righteousness- mental illness, physical ailments, businesses shuttering their doors. This city (Chicago)/ state is self imploding This state has no future. That is something myself and my Family, and MANY, MANY others, are going to have to consider moving forward. For those who are so inclined to let the gov know how you feel:

Springfield
Office of the Governor
207 State House
Springfield, IL 62706
Phone: 217-782-6830
I’m with you. I’m here as long as my mother and mother in law are here but gone when they’re gone.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Save this post here for later:

Illinois will be the first state owned and ran by a private equity firm.
They are 5th in debt. California, New York, Massachusetts, and New Jersey lead the way. California and New York are more than double Illinois' debt

This was a 75 yard Hail Mary pass. Did anyone think this ignorant billionaire would budge? I won’t get too much into the politics but we as a State suck at electing people. Everyone knew he would play the kids safety card and the million people in this state that care less about sports will back him by that statement alone.

The on going joke was we would have a vaccine by or shortly after the election and it appears to be going that way, so Spring will happen.

IHSA gave him control. Despite their recent efforts to right their wrong, they panicked and and passed the buck.Shame on them.

Reactions: IgorStL
JB's "scientists and doctors" probably tell him football is inherently dangerous with or without Covid, so with the same logic and power trip he could just decide no more football in Illinois ever. If we are to maintain some semblance of a free society there needs to be some serious push back on this tyranny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT