ADVERTISEMENT

Fenwick @ Naz

In earlier threads about freshmen testing numbers, Naz people are always stating that they have to turn kids away. Which one is it?
Naz testing numbers were up and have always had to turn kids away. Naz has had low frosh/soph numbers for about 7 years now. Just because testing numbers are high doesn't mean they are all athletes. Some kids actually come to our school for a good education.

Reactions: Gene K.
Naz testing numbers were up and have always had to turn kids away. Naz has had low frosh/soph numbers for about 7 years now. Just because testing numbers are high doesn't mean they are all athletes. Some kids actually come to our school for a good education.

That's fine. But don't say that the reason they go out and recruit players from the far west suburbs is to keep the doors open.

Reactions: CatholicHigh41
In earlier threads about freshmen testing numbers, Naz people are always stating that they have to turn kids away. Which one is it?
They grabbed 3 kids out of our program (2 upperclassmen) in the middle of summer camp this year.

What concerns would there be? Montini played there with no issues and nothing but fun at East Side...
I think the issue was the distance. If I'm not mistaken the administration will only allow 1 overnight. And say Naz schedules this game they wouldn't be able to go down early for say a playoff game in Edwardsville or a game in Champaign. I'm not sure if this was the thought process but certainly could have been.

They grabbed 3 kids out of our program (2 upperclassmen) in the middle of

summer camp this year.
Did they grab or did they show up at Naz looking to transfer ?

I guess Naz didn’t have numbers for a frosh game so the Friars had to find another game...

Naz has almost exclusively played 2 games a week Frosh/Soph and Varsity for years now. Rare cases they play 3.

I think the issue was the distance. If I'm not mistaken the administration will only allow 1 overnight. And say Naz schedules this game they wouldn't be able to go down early for say a playoff game in Edwardsville or a game in Champaign. I'm not sure if this was the thought process but certainly could have been.
Did they grab or did they show up at Naz looking to transfer ?

Naz has almost exclusively played 2 games a week Frosh/Soph and Varsity for years now. Rare cases they play 3.
Why did they cancel the game then?

I can't believe either were looking to leave, one started on Varsity as a Soph (and is now about 4-5 at his position) and the other was on Varsity as a Soph and would start at either school. I knew the families pretty well, but they up and disappeared in the middle of the night (over the 4th of July weekend). Hell, one of the kids parents had the team dinners at their house every week. More power to them if they get what they want out of it. Just didn't seem right.

Per the rosters on the Naz web site, Naz frosh team last year had 1/2 the number of players as the frosh team 4 years ago. Last years senior class had 45 players as freshmen, last years freshmen class had 23 players.

Naz is at capacity but you don’t try to fill seats only when you’re short.

I didn't criticize it, but I would be curious to hear what they are telling these kids, but by all means if they want the 3rd string sophomore QB, they can have him (and got him).
Oswego has never received a transfer? The kid wants to come to Naz more power to him, we’ll take him.

I can't believe either were looking to leave, one started on Varsity as a Soph (and is now about 4-5 at his position) and the other was on Varsity as a Soph and would start at either school. I knew the families pretty well, but they up and disappeared in the middle of the night (over the 4th of July weekend). Hell, one of the kids parents had the team dinners at their house every week. More power to them if they get what they want out of it. Just didn't seem right.
how does a player "up and transfer" and still play for the new school without sitting a year....unless they change their address? i thought the "sit one year" was suppose to stop the issue.

Per the rosters on the Naz web site, Naz frosh team last year had 1/2 the number of players as the frosh team 4 years ago. Last years senior class had 45 players as freshmen, last years freshmen class had 23 players.
And that class was an anomaly because the class before them had 20 and teams needed to be combined. I think we've been averaging 45-55 on varsity for quite some time so thats 20-30 a class.

Reactions: USD24
2 of them moved, the soph kid has some restrictions and his Dad is mad (Lol). We've had a few, got a nice one from Metea. If the parents felt good about it, they may have actually talked to someone about it, same with the kids. Hell, the big lineman was one of my son's closest friends on the team and hasn't heard from him since early July. We'll move on.

2 of them moved, the soph kid has some restrictions and his Dad is mad (Lol). We've had a few, got a nice one from Metea. If the parents felt good about it, they may have actually talked to someone about it, same with the kids. Hell, the big lineman was one of my son's closest friends on the team and hasn't heard from him since early July. We'll move on.
Maybe change your screenname missingsean

I love Sean and wish him well, but I guaranty he didn't come knocking on that door. and the WR is the nicest, most respectful kid you'll ever meet. Good luck to them both.

You don’t know what you think you do... I guess Naz should cancel payment on the service that matched it up with CR. All this to avoid Belleville West...

You open week 1 next year?

You missed the entire point about West SMH. The importance of West was the state of not being able to travel to play ESL but Naz was willing to travel to PLAY. That my friend is ducking competition. Now if you keep pushing the lie about CR, I will post the screen shot of the communication with their Head Coach about both Montini and Naz week one openings. One thing I learned is that some will go to no end to back up their lie.

I’m done with this conversation. ESL is not open week 1 but you can play ESL in the Classic or whatever you want to call it

Reactions: Archangel333
If you know them well maybe check with them before crying wolf here. I get it, no one likes losing transfers, we’ve been on the other end but they just showed up at Naz. No one recruited them since they were in 8th grade.

Think logically here. Naz is the defending 7a champs you think they’re going out and stealing as you put it “3rd string frosh QB’s”? Come on man.

You missed the entire point about West SMH. The importance of West was the state of not being able to travel to play ESL but Naz was willing to travel to PLAY. That my friend is ducking competition. Now if you keep pushing the lie about CR, I will post the screen shot of the communication with their Head Coach about both Montini and Naz week one openings. One thing I learned is that some will go to no end to back up their lie.

I’m done with this conversation. ESL is not open week 1 but you can play ESL in the Classic or whatever you want to call it

Never met someone from St Louis with such knowledge of the inner workings at Naz. Naz got CR’s info off a service that matched the schools up. Same service matched them up with St John Bosco and the school in Cali that LeBron and Wade’s kids just transferred to (Sierra Canyon), or maybe that was ESL doing to? If so thanks for all the help.

Naz admin didn’t want to schedule that trip it is what it is. Naz is open week 1 and 2 next year. They would play ESL if it makes sense, I’d love to see it. Nothing but respect for ESL and their scheduling. I don’t know if Naz admin will approve of classic but it’s worth a phone call.

You keep going on about the “classic”, I’m sorry I didn’t know that name of it, not everyone is concerned with every little thing ESL.

You can say Naz is ducking ESL, that’s not the truth but I don’t care what you think. Who else are they “ducking” since you claimed Naz is ducking as many teams as anyone.

I think the Soph just came along for the ride and wasn't the big ticket they wanted. Those 3 families were/are pretty close. They all left at the exact same time after being IN camp for 1/2 the summer. I'm sure it was them begging to transfer. C'mon man yourself.

I think the Soph just came along for the ride and wasn't the big ticket they wanted. Those 3 families were/are pretty close. They all left at the exact same time after being IN camp for 1/2 the summer. I'm sure it was them begging to transfer. C'mon man yourself.
You know them well. Ask them.

Who is Naz frosh playing this weekend? And why not Fenwick? Lol

Don’t think you are understanding. There isn’t a Freshman team and sophomore team. There is a fresh/soph team. When they can they break them into a fresh/soph A team which is playing sophomores and a fresh/soph B team which would play someone’s freshman team or having a similar combined group situation. This would require another school being willing to play a game against a team that has some “b level sophomores on it. When they can’t get that in a given week the a/b play together as one squad. Apparently (don’t know details obviously) Fenwick wouldn’t play freshman vs fresh/soph B team so there is only the one combine lower level game this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: weirdo0521
Never met someone from St Louis with such knowledge of the inner workings at Naz. Naz got CR’s info off a service that matched the schools up. Same service matched them up with St John Bosco and the school in Cali that LeBron and Wade’s kids just transferred to (Sierra Canyon), or maybe that was ESL doing to? If so thanks for all the help.

Naz admin didn’t want to schedule that trip it is what it is. Naz is open week 1 and 2 next year. They would play ESL if it makes sense, I’d love to see it. Nothing but respect for ESL and their scheduling. I don’t know if Naz admin will approve of classic but it’s worth a phone call.

You keep going on about the “classic”, I’m sorry I didn’t know that name of it, not everyone is concerned with every little thing ESL.

You can say Naz is ducking ESL, that’s not the truth but I don’t care what you think. Who else are they “ducking” since you claimed Naz is ducking as many teams as anyone.

If only I knew how to post screen shot pictures on here. Hey you can have it. The Admin excuse is enough for me. Again ESL asked to come up there for week 1 this year. The same as CR. Good luck moving forward. Try not to throw rocks living in a glass house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT