ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special..............

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Happy New Year !!!!!!!!! Today everyone is undefeated, and everyone is a potential State Champ. Every team is also a possible upset victim. I always say if you're going to try and do something, try and do something BIG. With that mantra in mind, here is my first upset special of the 2015 football season. My pick is..........The #16 Raiders of Bollingbrook over the #3 Hilltoppers of Glenbard West. The whole world has GW winning State this year, and they just might. BUT..... I love what I see happening at The Brook. This defense, led by 4 year starter and "The Ohio St". recruit LB Tuf Borland is going to be amazing. They return 7 starters and will be really tough to score against. Glenbard has great offense, with 7 starters from last years team coming back. The problem I see for GW will be the defense. They are very young and only return 3 starters. They will struggle a bit early in the season, and you don't want to work the kinks out vs a team like The Brook. Final score here Bollingbrook 28 - Glenbard West 24. That's my upset. Waht are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!! Today everyone is undefeated, and everyone is a potential State Champ. Every team is also a possible upset victim. I always say if you're going to try and do something, try and do something BIG. With that mantra in mind, here is my first upset special of the 2015 football season. My pick is..........The #16 Raiders of Bollingbrook over the #3 Hilltoppers of Glenbard West. The whole world has GW winning State this year, and they just might. BUT..... I love what I see happening at The Brook. This defense, led by 4 year starter and "The Ohio St". recruit LB Tuf Borland is going to be amazing. They return 7 starters and will be really tough to score against. Glenbard has great offense, with 7 starters from last years team coming back. The problem I see for GW will be the defense. They are very young and only return 3 starters. They will struggle a bit early in the season, and you don't want to work the kinks out vs a team like The Brook. Final score here Bollingbrook 28 - Glenbard West 24. That's my upset. Waht are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
I like the pick. But I think the score is a little high. West scores a special teams TD and the Brook scores one on D and goes for two. 8-7 final.

Brook v Lucas should be a good pitchers duel. my feeto is Laurence over Benet.

Not a bad call I'd feel better about your call if it was in the Brook tonight.

MC and Marist is a concern for me....also I took a flyer on Stevenson admittingly knowing they could stumble out of the gates early...also the DVC is a train wreck too

I'm concerened about the Marist Redhawkskins also. I don't like playing an opener against such a wide open offense. We may see LOTS of points in that one tonight.

its gonna be like MC PC '05. I think that one was 46-27 . Marist 7 starters back on O along with the qb, MC 3 new people in secondary,, no major D1 defensive end need to experiment with how to bring pressure , blitzes etc . MC will score faster then normal s well with their O not time consuming drives hence highs coring tonight

Last edited:
i hope you're wrong. Ironically though, Bolingbrook's first game (loss) last season was the biggest upset in week 1 as they entered the season in the top spot. I think GBW defense will surprise some folks, but I'll guess will find out tomorrow. I think the score may be a little high. This very well could be a defensive battle. Looking forward to a great game, and a new rivalry.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Not sure if it is an upset, but I like O'Fallon coming up north and taking it to Hinsdale Central. I think they beat the Devils by 2+ TD's

What about top 5 ranked Simeon loosing to ESL? Not sure that's not an upset.

I agree with the Laurence over Benet pick as well. Laurence was very good at the lower levels last few years which could put the Vikings in good shape this year and years to follow.
I also love Marist getting some respect versus The Caravan. David could slay Goliath tonight.

I'm gonna be a total homer here and you can crucify me tomorrow if it doesn't pan out, but I like my Palatine Pirates over Stevenson tonight. We have an offense that will score ALOT of points against 11 new starters on defense for Stevenson. If it were week 5 I'd never say it, but I really think this is the perfect time to catch them and spring an upset. I know the Palatine players are feeling very much like they have a chance going into tonight's game. I can see an over of , say, 60 in this game easily

I'll throw my hat in the ring with DGS over H-F, in a reverse revenge feeto of the 2007 playoffs. If mothing else, IrishGlory Gump will have someone to yell at if the Mustangs in fact lose. Happy New Year boys!!!!

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat in the ring with DGS over H-F, in a reverse revenge feeto of the 2007 playoffs. If mothing else, IrishGlory Gump will have someone to yell at if the Mustangs in fact lose. Happy Nee Year boys!!!!
Is Iggy still carrying the H/F Pom-poms?

How do I delete my upset pick? LOL

H-F OMG. 35-3 with 8 min left in 2Q. And the game isn't as close as the score would indicate. Those dudes were a different breed.

Thanks Feeto....nothing better than being doubted to make a team stand tall. I hope you are able to make your way out to Duchon tomorrow. Bones can only be there in spirit but would love for other to share in the day. My prediction is a 7-0 halftime score with GW pulling away in the 4th quarter. Edgy may have to look out on the sidelines if he shows because some at GW are attributing this upset pick to him. I am trying to direct the ire in your direction Feeto

This is "The Team" for St. Larry. I like the pick.
Oops! Looks like its going to be a rough year for Larry. Small in size, numbers, and play makers. Benet dominated both sides of the ball. O'Fallon spunked by HC. As a long time Benet guy I can tell you lower level success means nothing at the Varsity level. Last 3 Benet soph teams are a combined 27-0. That was resulted in two 6-3 teams and first round exits. Can't wait to see everyone's next weeks O'Fallon over Benet upset picks. O'Fallon making the 5 hour drive to Chicago 2 weeks in a row, that's rough.

28-7 but I will say that Da Brook have a beast front 7 and will win a ton of games this year when they play on turf

Tough for the line and backs in mud. Brook has some good size and should have a good season.

Why were you expecting O'fallon to be good?
I was just basing it on the rankings. They received votes in 8A. They have a pretty good program and the Hinsdale Central people I talked to really thought they would have their hands full.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT