ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
It's week 6, and traditionally, that's a week for a top team to fall. This week's upset is........ The # 14 Trojans of Downers Grove North over the #4, 14 game win streak having, already crowned into the minds of many, Dukes of York. I'll be honest here, I'm not sold on York. Tons of talent, no doubt. QB Sean Winton is really good, and he has 2 quality wider receivers. The Dukes had a great regular season last year, but when they were finally tested in the playoffs, Marist thew them a huge scare, and them LA crushed them. DGN is a hot team on the rise. Their Soph. QB, Owen Lansu appears to be the real deal. The West Suburban Silver is on the line tonight at DGN. I like the Trojans tonight. Final score..... Downers North 32 - York 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

P.S. Leaving now to save myself 1 of the 15 good "seats" at Br. Rice for tonights game. GO MC!!!

Its called an upset pick for a reason. I’ll stretch with this one. Rita @home over Loyola.
I'd love to see it, but no way. Only thing Rita has to hope for is a 3+ hour ride to the game for LA.

It's week 6, and traditionally, that's a week for a top team to fall. This week's upset is........ The # 14 Trojans of Downers Grove North over the #4, 14 game win streak having, already crowned into the minds of many, Dukes of York. I'll be honest here, I'm not sold on York. Tons of talent, no doubt. QB Sean Winton is really good, and he has 2 quality wider receivers. The Dukes had a great regular season last year, but when they were finally tested in the playoffs, Marist thew them a huge scare, and them LA crushed them. DGN is a hot team on the rise. Their Soph. QB, Owen Lansu appears to be the real deal. The West Suburban Silver is on the line tonight at DGN. I like the Trojans tonight. Final score..... Downers North 32 - York 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

P.S. Leaving now to save myself 1 of the 15 good "seats" at Br. Rice for tonights game. GO MC!!!
You’re already too late. Good seats on visitor side are already occupied with the BR faithful wearing MC gear!

Looked this up out of curiosity.
Heading into Week 6 of 2022, there were by my unofficial count, 52 teams sitting at 5-0 (not counting the Chicago Public League teams that aren't playoff eligible).
Of the 52, there were 6 games pitting 5-0 vs. 5-0 teams so somebody obviously had to win/lose. In all 6 cases, the team that won went on to finish the regular season 9-0 (the list included Richmond beating Morris, Immaculate Conception beating Wheaton Academy and South Elgin beating Glenbard South).
That leaves 40 5-0 teams to consider.
Of the 40, 38 of them won to improve to 6-0.
Of 2 other games, in one of them, Prospect beat unbeaten Elk Grove. I looked up Feeto's Friday Upset Special from Week 6 last year and nobody picked the Prospect/Elk Grove game one way or the other.
That leaves ... drum roll please, Maine South beat unbeaten Glenbrook South by two scores in a result that was changed after the season due to the Hawks committing some sort of IHSA rules violation(s).
On Feeto last year, there were plenty of picks on Maine South vs. GBS, and some debate on whether Maine South should be the favorite or the underdog.
In any case, for the 2024 season, the thing to keep in mind is this: In 2022, more than a dozen undefeated teams lost the same weekend. But it was Week 5 that was a disaster for 4-0 teams.
As for this weekend, I have no upset pick. I do think that Mt. Carmel is going to cover against Brother Rice, regardless of what you want to set the point spread at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT