ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
It's so hard to call anything an upset this late in the season, because every team left is the best of the best. That being the case, I'll still try. This week's upset is...... The #25 ranked and 8 point underdog Spartans of Wheaton St Francis over the highly favored Celtics of Providence Catholic. This Francis offense is out of control. They seem to light up the scoreboard every week. The Provi D was questionable earlier this year, however they have really tightened this up lately. Like I said earlier, it's hard to pick against anyone this late in the season, but I like the Spartans tomorrow afternoon in Wheaton. Final score Wheaton St. Francis 28 - Providence Catholic 24. That's this week's upset. That are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO MC!!!

Last edited:
I spent the first 14 years of my life living on the mean streets of Lemont, so in memory of that, I am going to go way out on a limb and pick the Lemonsters to pull off a huge upset over ESL on a cold, windy day on the bluffs overlooking the DesPlaines river!

Last edited:
It's so hard to call anything an upset this late in the season, because every team left is the best of the best. That being the case, I'll still try. This week's upset is...... The #25 ranked and 8 point underdog Spartans of Wheaton St Francis over the highly favored Celtics of Providence Catholic. This Francis offense is out of control. They seem to light up the scoreboard every week. The Provi D was questionable earlier this year, however they have really tightened this up lately. Like I said earlier, it's hard to pick against anyone this late in the season, but I like the Spartans tomorrow afternoon in New Lenox. Final score Wheaton St. Francis 28 - Providence Catholic 24. That's this week's upset. That are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO MC!!!
Game is in Wheaton....

Maybe an upset according to the computers, but I think most on this board would consider Naz a favorite, no?
I believe Nazareth can win but I think it would be an upset. Other than Lemont over Flyer and Mustang over Caravan, all other 4A thru 8A games can only be thought of as mild upsets but upsets nonetheless

I spent the first 14 years of my life living on the mean streets of Lemont, so in memory of that, I am going to go way out on a limb and pick the Lemonsters to pull off a huge upset over ESL on a cold, windy day on the bluffs overlooking the DesPlaines river!
Great D but no offense

According to alot of comments I've read in this forum, Prairie Ridge vs. East St. Louis has been pre determined since around week 3 so, in my mind, yeah I'd consider it a slight upset.
I think a lot of hypotheticals were thrown out there because the question was posed, but I’ve only seen one person flat out predict the winner of this game and it was for Iggy. I think it’s even Steven.

It's so hard to call anything an upset this late in the season, because every team left is the best of the best. That being the case, I'll still try. This week's upset is...... The #25 ranked and 8 point underdog Spartans of Wheaton St Francis over the highly favored Celtics of Providence Catholic. This Francis offense is out of control. They seem to light up the scoreboard every week. The Provi D was questionable earlier this year, however they have really tightened this up lately. Like I said earlier, it's hard to pick against anyone this late in the season, but I like the Spartans tomorrow afternoon in Wheaton. Final score Wheaton St. Francis 28 - Providence Catholic 24. That's this week's upset. That are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO MC!!!
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

GO MC!!!
Rita/MC game will go into the 4th qtr separated by 3 points- will be a very close game

Reactions: TheWizardofWoodlawn
Rita/MC game will go into the 4th qtr separated by 3 points- will be a very close game
What made you change your mind from your prediction in the MC at St. Rita thread?

I hope you are right in this thread but tall order. 2022 Mount Carmel is probably the best put together team I have seen in person. And Coach Lynch has a deep well of knowledge to pull from and looks like he is on a mission as does Dowling. Make no mistake, I gave the paths for St. Rita in the other thread, it's why they play the games but I'm also a realist and MC is another level. Can St. Rita hit that level for 48 minutes tomorrow? It'd be great if they could.

This game will be over early as well. While Rita has a very sold defense their offense is non existent.

Wishing Coach Kuska all the best, he has represented St Rita with class.

Most people think Cascia over the Caravan is impossible. But St Rita is the “Saint of the Impossible!

SR 28 MC 27
Most certainly not impossible and thats not even a sandbag!! This will be a game.

Defensively, I believe Rita will play better. If Rita's offense can get some first downs and sustain her drives, this game will be close.
Interesting to hear you say that-and I’m not debating you-but that’s a big call when Mount Carmel’s defense has been pretty solid.

Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT