ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Crazy morning here. I apologize in advance for this. I'll try to get back later with details. This week's pick is Palatine over York. Final score 24-21. I'll be back later with my reasons, sorry. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO MC!!

Morris over Mahomet Seymour. Morris program playoff experience will pay dividends in this one.

Morris 28 Mahomet 14

I’ll take the famous Edgytim over Warren Township in Frankfort Il. Facts are difficult to deny.

neutral field
[2022] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 28, [2022] Richmond-Burton (Richmond, IL) 22

Based on this I'm taking RB over PC in the upset. Should be a great game.

Byron over RC
Princeton over IC
LZ over Pekin (not sure if upset)
NND over St. Iggy
Morris over Mt. Seymour

1 loss number 2 seed that took down another CCL/ESCC school and defending champ in round 1 vs number 11 seed 4 loss baby roadrunners….I hope you’re right and they pull off the upset by that margin but call me Lou Holtz, I think it will be a tough one for them.

Crazy morning here. I apologize in advance for this. I'll try to get back later with details. This week's pick is Palatine over York. Final score 24-21. I'll be back later with my reasons, sorry. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO MC!!
I don't know if I should be excited or worried - TBH I haven't tracked Feeto's record with these picks...

My $0.02 - If Palatine can come out like they did against Minooka and get them down early, I can see a Palatine win - York seems to feed on emotion and if they can quell that they'll have a chance. If it's 0-0 going into the second quarter then it's gonna be a war.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Palatine has the horses. The running back is good. Very fast, and running tougher this year. Both WRs can change the game. Not speedsters, but just really good football players.

I’m sure York has the horses too, having gone 9-0 in the tougher side of the WSC. That league is representing well in November. QB is an athlete.

My worry, from Palatine’s side, is their propensity to play less than stellar for long stretches. Last year versus Taft and Neuqua… this year versus DGS. 3 of the last 4 playoff games have been uninspiring. We’ll see.

This matchup is just one skinny point away from being 11-0 versus 11-0. Yet it’s still the quad getting the least respect in 8A, with blue bloods everywhere else in the bracket. Should be an even matchup. I’ll stick with the boys I’ve watched all year, and take Palatine 26-21.

Palatine has the horses. The running back is good. Very fast, and running tougher this year. Both WRs can change the game. Not speedsters, but just really good football players.

I’m sure York has the horses too, having gone 9-0 in the tougher side of the WSC. That league is representing well in November. QB is an athlete.

My worry, from Palatine’s side, is their propensity to play less than stellar for long stretches. Last year versus Taft and Neuqua… this year versus DGS. 3 of the last 4 playoff games have been uninspiring. We’ll see.

This matchup is just one skinny point away from being 11-0 versus 11-0. Yet it’s still the quad getting the least respect in 8A, with blue bloods everywhere else in the bracket. Should be an even matchup. I’ll stick with the boys I’ve watched all year, and take Palatine 26-21.
York home field advantage is BIG here. York plays better at home and the Dukes will be rocking. York 21-10

Warren has dominated mightily in their last 6 games. I wonder how they will respond to something close in score or even trailing. Having to pass to win the game would be interesting to watch, too. East has that Week 9 scare fresh in their memories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT