ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
It's the final week of the regular season, and potential upsets are out there. For this week's game we'll travel out to beautiful Elmhurst, home of the much improved Dukes of York. No, I'm not picking OPRF (although I do like them this week). This week's upset is.... The unranked Knights of Immaculate Conception Catholic Prep over the undefeated and top 25 ranked Spartans of Wheaton St. Francis. As Edgy said, "these 2 teams just don't like each other". ICCP has been scoring over 40 points per game, and their only loss was a 1 point thriller vs JCA. St. Francis is obviously a really good team, but their strength of schedule could be the difference tonight. I see a shootout in Elmhurst. Final score.....ICCP 42 - St. Francis 35. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset.

GO CARAVAN!!!!!!!

I'm gonna say Joliet West upsets Plainfield South to earn a playoff spot.
Let's go Tigers!
Damn, that was mine. I’m sticking with it too. Easy money is Yorkville +1.5. Not sure how they’re the underdog.

Already been mentioned, but I like the “mini” upsets of ICCP over St. Francis and C-M over Kank.

I won’t go all in, but I’ll pick Bradley (+35) to fairly easily cover that spread at home, even though they are going up against the Beast.

It's the final week of the regular season, and potential upsets are out there. For this week's game we'll travel out to beautiful Elmhurst, home of the much improved Dukes of York. No, I'm not picking OPRF (although I do like them this week). This week's upset is.... The unranked Knights of Immaculate Conception Catholic Prep over the undefeated and top 25 ranked Spartans of Wheaton St. Francis. As Edgy said, "these 2 teams just don't like each other". ICCP has been scoring over 40 points per game, and their only loss was a 1 point thriller vs JCA. St. Francis is obviously a really good team, but their strength of schedule could be the difference tonight. I see a shootout in Elmhurst. Final score.....ICCP 42 - St. Francis 35. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset.

GO CARAVAN!!!!!!!
SF will absolutely get IC’s A-game tonight. They can’t come out slow like they did in the Aurora Christian, Sterling and R-B games or they could find themselves in a hole quickly.

WSF QB just picked up a Nebraska offer this week, and his play tonight will be crucial for the Spartans. If they establish the passing game early, it’ll open up lanes for SF’s complementary backs (Head being the burner and Piper being the bruiser).

I think IC has more speed at the skill positions than any team below 6A, as Parker, Gibson and several others are absolute burners. Parker will likely get loose for a long score at some point tonight, the key is limiting that to 1 or 2 and not 3 or 4 lscores. If IC can put SF in a hole early with some big scores it’ll put them in a great position to win.

SF will want to keep it close and wear down IC in the second half (the formula they used last year), so corralling IC’s big play threats is crucial to execute that game plan.

if a team is in the 30s or 40s I think it favors IC, if it ends with both teams in the 20s or below, I like SF’s chances.

I’m hopeful it’ll be a great ball game, and truly have zero feel for how I think it might play out.

Last edited:
Lisle over Peotone and Schaumburg over Conant
I thought about Schaumburg over Conant.

This could be a great call since Schaumburg wants to play spoiler for this one against one of their rivals. Conant has been on a huge slide since week 5.

GO CARAVAN!!!!!!!
Having played (my son) against both, I wouldn't really call it an upset. I hope it's as good as I think it will be. As I mentioned in a different thread, ICC needs fundamental tackling and containment defensively. SF is athletic but had a ton of penalties when they played us.

Having played (my son) against both, I wouldn't really call it an upset. I hope it's as good as I think it will be. As I mentioned in a different thread, ICC needs fundamental tackling and containment defensively. SF is athletic but had a ton of penalties when they played us.
SF can’t play sloppy or undisciplined and get away with it like other games this year.

Reactions: USD24 and Beach6
Based on what I saw from Benet last week, Ive got a tough time thinking this is gonna happen.
True but Benets biggest losses were to big back power running games SR, JCA. That’s why I asked who ran the ball for JCA knowing a Bonsu game would secure a solid no-worry victory. The JCA said it was a combination of Grigsby, Powell and Bonsu: perfect group to dominate. Benet has done well vs a NND and BR and should match up well vs Naz. I expect a really good one-score game either way.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Already been mentioned, but I like the “mini” upsets of ICCP over St. Francis and C-M over Kank.

I won’t go all in, but I’ll pick Bradley (+35) to fairly easily cover that spread at home, even though they are going up against the Beast.
Glad I didn't take the money line on BB. The other two "upsets" hit though.

Reactions: McEvergreen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT