ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Here we are again, it's opening night. For those of you who are new to the board , here's what my thread is about. Each week I'll pick an upset game, and ask you your opinion, and what you think will be that weeks upset. Who determins what an "upset is? ME. I'm a southside CCL fan, so I do tend to lean toward those games, but I will venture to other conferences once in a while. I try to stick to games involving teams ranked in the top 25, but it all depends on the week. Let's get started. This weeks upset is .........The #28 Crete Monee Warriors over the #1 Griffins of Lincoln Way East!!!!!!! That's right baby, preseason #1 is going down in the opener. Now you would think that LWE would be out for blood after last seasons heatbreaking season end loss to LA, but I see it differently. First of , this game is in Crete, and those people are different out there. This game means everything to them. The Warriors are returning their entire team, and most of their backs were state qualifiers in track. This game is going to be fun, and CM will be all over the field. I like the Warriors tonight, final score Crete Monee 24 - LWE 21. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset? P.S. Picking Hillcrest would have been to easy!!!!

And for the record FBFANMOM is insane, and I love her for that....... but she most certainly is not me. Haven't heard from her in a few days, I sure hope Edgy didn't flush her. She's fun and good for the board.

As predictable as Bones sandbagging the Brook squad or Oswego's first play from scrimmage being a swing pass, I'm once again picking the Panthers of Oswego to upset the Neuqua Valley Wildcats. NV is the sexy preseason pick to make a deep run in the IHSA playoffs, however, the Panthers are coming off a disappointing ending to the 2021 season. Undoubtedly, the staff has taken notice. Tonight should be the night 3 year Varsity starter Cruz Ibarra proves what Oswego believed in the Spring of 2021. For that to happen it NEEDS to be the Michigan bound Deakon Tonielli show and maybe a few plays out of the trick bag.

Containing Mennecke was the difference in 2021, but I believe a scheme using the 3 most experienced defenders (both DE's and MLB) are up for the task. Oswego 30 - NV -21

Here we are again, it's opening night. For those of you who are new to the board , here's what my thread is about. Each week I'll pick an upset game, and ask you your opinion, and what you think will be that weeks upset. Who determins what an "upset is? ME. I'm a southside CCL fan, so I do tend to lean toward those games, but I will venture to other conferences once in a while. I try to stick to games involving teams ranked in the top 25, but it all depends on the week. Let's get started. This weeks upset is .........The #28 Crete Monee Warriors over the #1 Griffins of Lincoln Way East!!!!!!! That's right baby, preseason #1 is going down in the opener. Now you would think that LWE would be out for blood after last seasons heatbreaking season end loss to LA, but I see it differently. First of , this game is in Crete, and those people are different out there. This game means everything to them. The Warriors are returning their entire team, and most of their backs were state qualifiers in track. This game is going to be fun, and CM will be all over the field. I like the Warriors tonight, final score Crete Monee 24 - LWE 21. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset? P.S. Picking Hillcrest would have been to easy!!!!
You stole my pick:mad:

• Wow
Reactions: feeto
As predictable as Bones sandbagging the Brook squad or Oswego's first play from scrimmage being a swing pass, I'm once again picking the Panthers of Oswego to upset the Neuqua Valley Wildcats. NV is the sexy preseason pick to make a deep run in the IHSA playoffs, however, the Panthers are coming off a disappointing ending to the 2021 season. Undoubtedly, the staff has taken notice. Tonight should be the night 3 year Varsity starter Cruz Ibarra proves what Oswego believed in the Spring of 2021. For that to happen it NEEDS to be the Michigan bound Deakon Tonielli show and maybe a few plays out of the trick bag.

Containing Mennecke was the difference in 2021, but I believe a scheme using the 3 most experienced defenders (both DE's and MLB) are up for the task. Oswego 30 - NV -21
I’ll take NV 42-10😉

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I'll have what you're drinking.

CPL UPSET SPECIAL
The Marshall Commandos take out the Foreman Hornets on Saturday at 10am. Pretty sure Marshall hasn't fielded a team in 3 years, so there will be 0.0 years of experience on that sideline. It's at Marshall, so this fairytale storyline writes itself. CPL! CPL! CPL!
Can't miss the CPL bat signal going up. Must say you are really missing the boat on this one though ghost. After a few days of research, I'm ready to call the Amundsen Lane winner. Lane has been bailing water for years. The neighborhood rivalry gets notched up another level in 6 short hours. Amundsen takes down Lane as they go the route of their bathrooms and are shutdown.

I'll be there at 2. And while yes I know its now the Ravenswood Station but to those that are in the know it'll always be the Rail!

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
This will be a stretch, but in the spirit of picking upsets, I’ll take the St. Pats Shamrocks over the Iggy Wolfpack. Pats had a nice little playoff run to the Quarters last year, and they got a great new Coach in Luke Mertens who has a ton of big game experience from Lake Zurich....Iggy went from hunter to hunted. I think the Shamrocks will be hunters this year

This will be a stretch, but in the spirit of picking upsets, I’ll take the St. Pats Shamrocks over the Iggy Wolfpack. Pats had a nice little playoff run to the Quarters last year, and they got a great new Coach in Luke Mertens who has a ton of big game experience from Lake Zurich....Iggy went from hunter to hunted. I think the Shamrocks will be hunters this year
No chance....... But here's to hoping.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Nap Central over Hinsdale. Don't sleep on the Redhawks this year.

Hersey over New Trier. I have Hersey winning MSL this year and New Trier will be lucky to make playoffs.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Not sure if it’s an upset but I could see Simeon beating WWS.

Sean Norris has had some real bad luck losing two of his best players last year in week one and picking right up this year losing their QB for the year before the season even started.

Are you nuts,LWE wins.

Reactions: corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT