ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
You know I want to do it!! The last time I picked my Caravan they beat JJ and Naz for a State Championship. But this is not the week. For tonight's upset we'll go out to the DuKane conference for a battle between two 4-1 teams. This week's upset is... The #30 ranked Panthers of Glenbard North over the #12 ranked Falcons of Wheaton North. I know I've already put the hex on Wheaton once this year, but I've got to do it again. This is a home game for GN and should be a hell of an atmosphere. Both of these teams have played great defense all year. They have a common opponent whom they've lost to, in Batavia. The Panthers lost to the Bulldogs by 1 point last week in a 21-20 thriller. WN also lost to Batavia, (with a little help from my upset pick) that one was an overtime thriller. With 2 teams quite evenly matched, I'm going with the home team. Final score..... Glenbard North 34 - Wheaton North 27. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Naz over Rita. Naz finally figured out the correct QB.

When was the last time you guys lost a conference game? Like 110 years ago?
New Trier not too long ago I believe.

The only other losses I recall were
1) to GBN in ‘07 but that was a CSL crossover I believe.
2) I recall Waukegan beating MS 13-12 (or something close to that) the first year MS won a title (maybe ‘95?).

Last two CSL South loses were NT in 2000 and 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Naz over Rita. Naz finally figured out the correct QB.
St Rita beat Benet and St Pats but not as connivingly as I think they should have. If I had to wager I'd look hard at the money line on this one. Naz hung with Marist but by association who knows anything about the CCL at this point in time.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
You know I want to do it!! The last time I picked my Caravan they beat JJ and Naz for a State Championship. But this is not the week. For tonight's upset we'll go out to the DuKane conference for a battle between two 4-1 teams. This week's upset is... The #30 ranked Panthers of Glenbard North over the #12 ranked Falcons of Wheaton North. I know I've already put the hex on Wheaton once this year, but I've got to do it again. This is a home game for GN and should be a hell of an atmosphere. Both of these teams have played great defense all year. They have a common opponent whom they've lost to, in Batavia. The Panthers lost to the Bulldogs by 1 point last week in a 21-20 thriller. WN also lost to Batavia, (with a little help from my upset pick) that one was an overtime thriller. With 2 teams quite evenly matched, I'm going with the home team. Final score..... Glenbard North 34 - Wheaton North 27. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
No f’in way WN gives up 34 points!!!

actually it's not. Plainfield North is the favorite.
The only reason I put it out there is because Oswego is ranked and North is not. I noticed you picked against OEHS. I don't see it. I have seen Minooka play in person and IMO, they are not good.

Reactions: jimsavio
The only reason I put it out there is because Oswego is ranked and North is not. I noticed you picked against OEHS. I don't see it. I have seen Minooka play in person and IMO, they are not good.
I've seen them too. Armstrong looked good out of the backfield last week against Oswego. Minooka was short handed as well at QB. Hudak was pretty much shut down by Grays. I don't think OE has a corner like that and I don't think OE has been challenged. They also have a history of having let down games and Oswego looms next week. Plainfield North is fast, hopefully playing on the Oswego grass will slow them down.

Reactions: USD24
If it this does comes to fruition, the score will be lower and closer..

Minooka was short handed as well at QB. Hudak was pretty much shut down by Grays. I don't think OE has a corner like that and I don't think OE has been challenged. They also have a history of having let down games and Oswego looms next week. Plainfield North is fast, hopefully playing on the Oswego grass will slow them down.
Is Jr. Gavin Dooley the current starter at QB or is the Sr. the starter? I've seen where Dooley has gotten some playing time of late. I wasn't sure if that was the result of the Sr. being injured.

Is Jr. Gavin Dooley the current starter at QB or is the Sr. the starter? I've seen where Dooley has gotten some playing time of late. I wasn't sure if that was the result of the Sr. being injured.
Last week, I'm pretty sure it was Murphy, but I heard the regular QB was out. Armstrong was a beast all over the field.

In your dreams CB, on both accounts..:)

WWS hopes really lie on if #2 Healy plays every time he steps on the field he is the best player unfortunately he has played less than full game. Against OPRF he had 4 catches for about 160 yards and 2TD in less than a half and against StN they put him in on the last drive he had 1 catch for 50 yards on 3 plays in. He is supposed to be back this week so who knows. Also #15 at MLB is healthy and just a tackling machine, it will be interesting since Batavia likes to pound the rock.

WWS hopes really lie on if #2 Healy plays every time he steps on the field he is the best player unfortunately he has played less than full game. Against OPRF he had 4 catches for about 160 yards and 2TD in less than a half and against StN they put him in on the last drive he had 1 catch for 50 yards on 3 plays in. He is supposed to be back this week so who knows. Also #15 at MLB is healthy and just a tackling machine, it will be interesting since Batavia likes to pound the rock.
I hear Danny Healy is good to go!

Well, I have to make my weekly contribution. Since MC has never lost at home & has owned the basketball/water polo/baseball school on Pulaski traditionally, I've gotta say the Caravan pulls the upset over the #2 ranked team in the Chicago area. I just hope & pray the Crusaders can keep it somewhat close!

IMHO Batavia's DB's collectively are the best pass defenders I've seen in my short ten year fandom of the Bulldogs.. LB's are always great, especially at blitzing at the right time and as usual you can't run consistently on the D line.. Also, you won't see 6 to's tonight.. at least I hope:)

Should be a good game at the Grange though...

Reactions: ClownBaby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT