ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Week 2 of the playoffs is here, it's time for the cream to rise to the top. I see many potential upsets this week, but this on really sticks out to me. This weeks upset is........ the #18 seed, 7-3 Ramblers of Loyola Academy over the undefeated #2 seed Hilltoppers (is it Hilltoppers or Hitters???) of Glenbard West. The Hitters have been pounding opponents all year, but I really don't know how many quality teams they have played. In my opinion, their only quality opponent this year was Hinsdale Central (who The Brook proved to be a Paper Tiger last week) and GW was lucky to beat them in overtime. Loyola on the other hand has played one of the hardest schedules in the state, and suffered a few really tough losses. This game is @ Loyola, one of the most difficult places to play as a road team. LA will have to stop the heralded running attack of the Hilltoppers, I think Coach Holocek will have a game plan to get that done. I like the Ramblers tomorrow. Final score........Loyola 21 - Glenbard West 14. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

By seed alone, I will go with Providence over Crete-Monee in 6A and Rice over S. Elgin in 8A, but those are not a spicy, daring picks. I am going with a conference rematch in Prospect over Rolling Meadows in 7A. Meadows is a low key very good football community, but it's hard to beat a team twice and Dan Deboeuf is doing very good work at Prospect in bringing them back. Plus, Coach Deboeuf has experience in games like this.

Edwardsville will win by at least 2 TDs. LA will coast. Marist will upset Huntley. Rice will upset SE. A daring upset pick would be GBN over MC.... however that's not gonna happen MC rolls in that one. So my upset picks would be Brook over Oswego and Neaqua on road over HF

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Edwardsville will win by at least 2 TDs. LA will coast. Marist will upset Huntley. Rice will upset SE. A daring upset pick would be GBN over MC.... however that's not gonna happen MC rolls in that one. So my upset picks would be Brook over Oswego and Neaqua on road over HF
Brook is a pretty heavy favorite.

Willowbrook seems to be a darling these past few years without beating anyone of note. WSG is not a strong conference.
Yeah, I followed them pretty closely the last few years when they had that stud RB that is now wrestling at Northwestern. I grew up with his mom and all her sisters.

Kankakee Bishop McNamara, 7-3 #12, over Tolono Unity, 9-1 #4, in 4A South. The Rockets have played a good schedule, but the Irish have played the most difficult 4A schedule possible with losses to the #1, #3, & #4 seeds in 4A North, combined 28-2 records...The Rockets are going to get caught in the Leprecauns' rainbow trying to steal their gold..

3A its hard to find an upset...#9 Quincy Notre Dame over #1 Beardstown, 3A South. Beardstown plays in a conference with mostly 1A schools, in fact only played 1 2A school all season. The Raiders, basically an independent because of their 3 team conference, played a much deeper schedule. The Tigers are going to be trapped in the Raiders cargo nets and will be unable to get the Raiders gold....

Reactions: Gene K.
That would be an upset. Surprised you like that one, USD. Marmion struggled when I saw them in Week 9.

I’m just thinking maybe the Marmion we saw week 9 was not a good indicator of how good they are. I’m not real confident in my pick, but I like going for a true upset special.

Nothing against LA but in my heart I cannot pick against a team called the Hilltoppers (AKA Hitters).

Disclaimer: that's not my brain talking.

Reactions: SoCliche
Willowbrook seems to be a darling these past few years without beating anyone of note. WSG is not a strong conference.
Although they didn't win last year, watch the quarterfinal game versus Batavia and see whether there isn't something wrong about referring to The Willow Tree as 'darling'.

Although they didn't win last year, watch the quarterfinal game versus Batavia and see whether there isn't something wrong about referring to The Willow Tree as 'darling'.

I was there, heck of a good loss. Still no big wins

If I wasn’t such a MC homer I’d think GBN would be a good upset pick, but I just think MC defense is too good to let up more then 2 scores to GBN type of offense and their offense will score enough to keep them ahead. Unless the great unknown comes into play I like MC in this one 24-14

Reactions: sivada2001
Kankakee Bishop McNamara, 7-3 #12, over Tolono Unity, 9-1 #4, in 4A South. The Rockets have played a good schedule, but the Irish have played the most difficult 4A schedule possible with losses to the #1, #3, & #4 seeds in 4A North, combined 28-2 records...The Rockets are going to get caught in the Leprecauns' rainbow trying to steal their gold..

3A its hard to find an upset...#9 Quincy Notre Dame over #1 Beardstown, 3A South. Beardstown plays in a conference with mostly 1A schools, in fact only played 1 2A school all season. The Raiders, basically an independent because of their 3 team conference, played a much deeper schedule. The Tigers are going to be trapped in the Raiders cargo nets and will be unable to get the Raiders gold....

You never take a golden domer over a good beard! Go Beardstown!

Reactions: Gene K.
No way!! Marmion looked beyond bad against JCA.
It wasn't even that ("looked beyond bad") as you said, in my opinion they truly looked like they didn't want to be there playing football, like they weren't even trying for some unknown reason.

They started to show a little life in the 2nd half but it was way to late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT