ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Welcome back!!!!!!!! It's going to be a great year.
To start the season, I'm going to pick a State Champ from last year to lose on opening night. This weeks upset is......... The unranked and overlooked Mustangs of St Rita, over the top 25 ranked and last seasons State Champion Hilltoppers of JCA. Welcome to St. Rita High School, the new " Home of the worst visitors bleachers" in the state of Illinois. JCA always starts the season off very slowly, and tonight that trend will continue. Rita is way to big on the O-line for JCA to stop. I have the Mustangs in a rout tonight. Final score St. Rita 35 - JCA 14. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Reactions: USD24 and Bowie50
To start the season, I'm going to pick a State Champ from last year to lose on opening night. This weeks upset is......... The unranked and overlooked Mustangs of St Rita, over the top 25 ranked and last seasons State Champion Hilltoppers of JCA. Welcome to St. Rita High School, the new " Home of the worst visitors bleachers" in the state of Illinois. JCA always starts the season off very slowly, and tonight that trend will continue. Rita is way to big on the O-line for JCA to stop. I have the Mustangs in a rout tonight. Final score St. Rita 35 - JCA 14. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

That's not an upset. Especially playing at home. My guy has Rita as a 5.5 point favorite. FWIW, the Mustangs are ranked higher than JCA in the southtown.

feeto my friend, I am concerned you may be on to something with this pick.

Allow me to throw some data at your statement of "JCA always starts the season off very slowly, and tonight that trend will continue" as I think it is relevant.
This is the 100th year of Hilltopper football.
  • In the previous 99 years, the program is 57-42 in opening games
  • Over the last 50 years it is 31-19 in opening games
  • Over the last 25 years, it is 15-10 in opening games
  • Over the last decade it is 7-3 in opening games

I know each team is its own unique body.
Each team develops its own character.
History's factor is low in a team's performance and success, and that is no different for this year's Hilltopper squad --- that is one thing that makes following this level of the sport so much fun.
That said, your starting slow rationale is off the mark .

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS

Allow me to throw some data at your statement of "JCA always starts the season off very slowly, and tonight that trend will continue" as I think it is relevant.

History's factor is low in a team's performance and success, and that is no different for this year's Hilltopper squad --- that is one thing that makes following this level of the sport so much fun.

And just last year they opened the season with a 30-20 win over Rita.....not exactly starting slow.

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Not much of an upset there. I have been saying for months now that St Rita is a heavy favorite in this game, especially being at home.

I hope you're off on the spread, but we'll see tonight.

On the the other hand: Hillcrest over Rice would be a HUGE upset, but Rita over JCA = not even a mild upset.

That's not an upset. Especially playing at home. My guy has Rita as a 5.5 point favorite. FWIW, the Mustangs are ranked higher than JCA in the southtown.

The Southtown is geared to about 40 zip codes. The AP polls list JCA as tied for #1 and SR as #9 in 5A. SR is a slight underdog.

The Southtown is geared to about 40 zip codes. The AP polls list JCA as tied for #1 and SR as #9 in 5A. SR is a slight underdog.

The AP poles are a complete joke. I would say the Southtown is more accurate. At home, I still think Rita is the favorite.

St. Pat's over Evanston?
Lyons over New Trier?
Curie over Fenwick?

I'm going McHenry over Huntley

AP at this point of the year is basically a popularity contest...The Southtown voting on Catholic league schools is likely far more accurate than AP voters from the Northwest Illini and downstate areas voting with the theory of "Hey I've heard of Wilmington, Bishop McNamara, JCA won the state title last year...leave JCA #1 until someone beats them..."

You want an upset...The battle for Ford County supremacy - since they are the only schools left based in Ford County playing football...Paxton-Buckley-Loda over Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley...I generally think Paxton is a bunch of whiners, a 3A school in a 2A conference, usually crying when they get blown out early in the 3A playoffs. GCMS is on a 28 game winning streak, back-to-back 2A titles. This would get some attention statewide...

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Does anyone no of a JCA or Rita live stream for tonight’s game. If so please send link. Can’t make it to the city tonight. Thanks in advance

Hillcrest won't pull off the upset, but it will be close. Only points for the Hawks will be if they get behind a BR DB or D1 RB gets outside. I don't see many first downs in the forecast. Rice's 11 new starters on offense will likely have growing pains. This one stays close, but the Crusaders squeak it out.

I'll take JCA over Rita :D

Reactions: USD24
Boredom has set in Dad. I am just amped to see the Dominator kick off the season! LWE is OK.

If JC wins, THAT would be an upset. And I’m not even willing to pick JC as my upset win. Just too many unknowns.

If Rita wins tonight, I don’t think you can claim this is a proper upset pick. I say they are 6.5 point favorites maybe more depending on JC’s defense.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
I think after being 0-Feeto last year he is trying to come out of the gate with a win! Rita winning won’t be a upset!

Reactions: Gene K.
The only poll that counts is the last one at the end of the season. With home field I rate this game a toss up. Head says JCA. Heart says SR. I'll go with SR in overtime.

Reactions: Gene K.

i'm 1-1 in openers....

I think JCA's opening day games rank in the top 1% as far as tough opponent go.

That has to account for something...I also believe it takes our line time to sync.

Great work, penlight. I was afraid I was going to have to do the research to disprove the obvious falsehood in that post.

Talk about starting the season off very slowly, that is exactly what feeto has done. He picks an imaginary upset based on polling done by a collective of know-nothings. Then he justifies the pick with a false narrative that exists only in his own head. I hope we don't see this type of drivel in week 2.

Great work, penlight. I was afraid I was going to have to do the research to disprove the obvious falsehood in that post.

Talk about starting the season off very slowly, that is exactly what feeto has done. He picks an imaginary upset based on polling done by a collective of know-nothings. Then he justifies the pick with a false narrative that exists only in his own head. I hope we don't see this type of drivel in week 2.
But this is what makes our Feeto so endearing. He’s the OG hot-take maker. The pick is not the hot take, the reasoning behind the pick is the hot take. He casts the spell and 29 replies later, he can be found maniacally laughing in his lair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT