Position: S/OLB

High School:
Buffalo Grove

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 215 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Tom Trieb
I have been able to see Tom Trieb live a few times over the past two seasons between 7on7 action along with a few showcase camps. Trieb, who was an all conference and all area RB and S in 2017 for the Bison also was a big part of BG making the IHSA state playoff field for the first time since 2003.

Evaluation of Tom Trieb:
Trieb was able to put together a strong 2017 season and I feel his junior highlights show Trieb in a positive light. While Trieb played basically full time on both sides of the football in 2017 I see him on the defensive side of the football at the college level. Trieb shows playing some safety and outside linebacker here. Trieb is a very good finisher who has a good first step, good closing speed and Trieb is also not afraid to lay the wood when required. Trieb also has good sideline to sideline speed and is also able to fight traffic and make the tackle whether in traffic or beating the ball carrier to the outside. Trieb is also more than capable of defending the pass when required and looks to have solid overall ball skills.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Tom Trieb? College coaches I feel will be making several in school stops this spring to get an better look in person of Trieb. Trieb will also need to continue to develop his overall speed and quickness for the college level. Trieb, like most LB's will also need to improve his back peddle along with his overall cover skills.

Projected level:

Rivals.com currently has Tom Trieb unranked by Rivals.com.

I would start Tom Trieb off as a mid to high two star ranked name and is a kid who has a chance to wind up becoming a low to mid FBS to a high FCS level scholarship name over the next 3-6 months.

As mentioned above Tom Trieb has a lot to offer. Trieb has also been a terrific two way player who could also draw looks as more of a RB/LB/TE.

I'm going to no question get a better look in person at Trieb this spring/summer at various camps. Like several college coaches I'm very interested to see how well Trieb has developed since last season. If Trieb can continue to improve he no question will end up playing at a pretty high level in college in a year or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT