Name: Trenton Howland

Position: RB/ATH

High School: Joliet West

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 230 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Trent Howland
I was able to see Howland play live last season in a blowout win over rival Joliet Central, and one of the main reasons I went to this game was to specifically see Trent Howland live in person. Howland has high level athletic abilities and is already college ready at least from a physical standpoint. Howland has great strength, power and is a smooth and fluid runner with a ton of God given potential and abilities. Howland is also a multi-sport athlete (football/basketball) who also is a standout basketball player.

Evaluation of Trenton Howland: Howland, who plays running back for Joliet West is still a very raw player who still has a lot of work to do in becoming a major D1 level running back...yet his overall size/frame, eyeball passing looks and natural athletic ability is unquestioned. Howland has the tools to play several potential spots at the next level (RB or maybe LB) and made impressive gains in his overall game from the previous season at the varsity level for the Tigers.

Room for improvement? Howland will need to improve his overall straight line speed along with continuing to improve running with better bend and body lean through the hole. Howland also will need to work on having better field vision and be able to better find holes then have the ability to hit the hole harder and with more authority.

Projected level: Rivals has yet to rank Trent Howland. Howland no question is one of the most physically mature and college ready made names in the Class of 2021 in Illinois. Howland, who is also a terrific young man off the field has a ton of upside and potential at the higher college level. Howland has all the physical tools. and I see him as a low to mid 3 star ranked name to start. Position will no question be the biggest question and hurdle facing Howland's recruiting.

My early thoughts of Trent Howland?

Howland has again impressive eyeball passing physical size and abilities and his athletic skills and tools alone are D1 worthy. I'll rank Howland as a low to mid 3 star recruit with the ability to see his stock rise over the next 12 plus months. Position? No question Howland is a athlete type who I feel could end up staying at RB or maybe as a ILB as well.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Low to Mid Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News