Position: OT

High School:
Joliet Catholic Academy

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-6

Weight: 270 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Dave Monnot III:
I have not been able to see Dave Monnot III in live game action but did see him at a few recent local camps/events. Monnot III is the son of Dave Monnot II who played his college football for Ohio State.

Evaluation of Dave Monnot III:
Monnot III has been already drawing several early scholarship offers this winter and his eyeball passing size/frame and overall length and potential is a big part of the equasion for him. Monnot III has terrific overall size ans can also move well. Monnot III also looks to have good bend, long arms and runs very well for such a bigger kid. Monnot III also gets off the snap well, has good feet and balance. His overall physical makeup and tools are unquestioned at this stage and Monnot III has what is in high demand these days....an offensive tackle sized frame and body that can be mobile while also capable of adding more good weight and strength.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Dave Monnott III? Monnot III is still very much a work in progress on several levels. Monnot III will need to add more strength for the high college level. Monnot III too often on tape is at best stalemating opposing defensive linemen and Monnot III has the ability and potential to potentially dominate kids at the same level. Adding more power/strength and punch will go a long way here. Monnot III will also need to improve is hands/feet speed and quickness for the college level. Monnot III will also need to work hard on his pass pro over the next 12-16 months. Monnot III is not unlike several other high school level linemen who plays in a more run oriented offense. When JCA throws it it's more play action out of the triple option sets.

Projected level:

Rivals.com has Dave Monnot III as an unranked name and I fully expect that to change very soon. Monnot III is another prime example of a prospect who might not even be the best linemen in his local area, yet is also a kid with such impressive physical size and tools college coaches will no question offer a scholarship and a chance.

Ranking? Off of Monnot III sheer size/frame and upside physically? He's a potential 4 star. From what I see on his junior year video? More like a mid two star...so I'll split the difference and start Monnot III as a low to mid 3 star ranked kid in the Class of 2019.

Overall Monnot III upside and potential is huge. Monnot III is also in a strong high school program at JCA with tremendous coaching and I fully expect to see Monnot III make some serious strides over the next 6-8 months and beyond.

If anyone in this class has a chance to literally shoot up the recruit rankings quickly in the State of Illinois 2019 class? It's Dave Monnot III.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT