Position: DE/DT

High School:
New Trier

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 245 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Duke Olges:
I have been able to see Duke Olges at a handful of workouts and showcase camps over the past year plus. Olges was limited to just 6 games in his junior season because of various injuries but was still an impact, two way performer for the Trevians and head coach Brian Doll in 2017. Olges is already touting major FBS and Power 5 scholarship offers so far this winter.

Evaluation of Duke Olges:
Olges has all of the size/look and measurables you look for in a high level FBS name. Olges, who checks in at a legit 6-foot-4 plus and at least 240 pounds has terrific size/strength and will also continue to add more strength at the next level. Olges has a very good nose for the football, can shed opposing blockers at the first level and is also a very strong finisher. Olges also possesses good overall instincts, has a real nose for the football and seldom doesn't wrap and finish a tackle. Olges also has good overall strength and power, shows very good overall leverage and uses his hands well in traffic and is capable to easily shedding opposing blockers. Olges also plays with a bit of nastiness, can and will get physical when required and also shows good sideline to sideline speed.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Duke Olges? Olges I feel is relatively close to being somewhat physically ready made for the college level in many regards. Yet I also see Olkges being able to add a bit more muscle over the next 12 months plus. Olges will also need to improve his overall pass rushing skills, add a bit more moves to his game while also working on his overall speed/quickness and flexibility.

Projected level:

Rivals.com has Duke Olges currently ranked as a very pedestrian mid 3 star ranking and once the Rivals experts are able to see Olges in person I full expect his star rankings to rise considerably. I would start off Olges as a mid to upper 3 star name while also having a huge amount of upside to potentially crack the 4 star neighborhood sooner rather than later.

Olges has a ton to offer at the FBS/Power 5 level. Olges, who also is a terrific student in the classroom will be a NW/Stanford/Vandy caliber kid academically who has a chance to also draw eventual Power 5 looks and potential offers down the line this spring and early summer. Olges no question still has work to do...yet his overall game and physical tools are top notch and kids with so much to offer in the classroom and on the field? Expect Olges stock to continue to soar this spring and has a chance to become a Top 5-10 ranked name in Illinois as one of the most sight after names in the Midwest for the 2019 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT